2008.02.29 Roma - Palalottomatica (Italy) *Sold Out*

Started by gioez, September 27, 2007, 14:13:56

Previous topic - Next topic

CureCrusader

Quote from: lostflower4 on March 01, 2008, 07:44:04
You know, I think it's getting pretty sad when our biggest hope now is to hear a "Faith encore".
They need to start surprising us, not just keep repeating the past. I know they have it in them, but they're just not doing it. That's what really bugs me.

it is quite repetative. Of course the traditional setlists are golden when played.  :smth023

All reports and recordings are indicating Robert's voice is truly amazing!
Are they holding back on Faith? or just can't put it together?
They must be goddamn tired!!

Well, if not Milan, then it has to be Paris!

Please Bob.
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

gioez

Here I am!

The show was very "poppin'", we expected a setlist more sad... but I suppose Robert, seeing the crowd so mad during pop song, decided to continue in pop way.
During the encores almost all people (me too...  :-D) danced without stopping!!! Robert danced during the songs too... he was so funny!!! And his voice was so powerful!

At the beginning I wanted songs like "The drowning man", "Other voices", "Figurehead", "Siamese twins"... but finally I appreciated this setlist, and I really enjoyed the show.

I've uploaded photos that I've shotted yesterday:

http://curefans.com/index.php/v/live/2008/europeantour/roma/?action=gallery

ENJOY!

PS: like erpomata... cheers to all fantastic people i met in Roma yesterday night!!!
[move][b][glow=red,6,28]100 Years[/glow][/b][/move]

CureCrusader

grazie! Gioez for the effort to upload photos!   :smth023

:D
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

Sussex

Quote from: disintegration on March 01, 2008, 08:32:57
I'm return from the concert, very good concert, the people was crazy, Robert too! But no Faith, here much people attending this song (sorry for my English  :oops:). Now, me and Lady go to Milano with camper!  ;)

Good for you and lady since they are not playing at Italy for some years.. :smth023
It must be a great show. Did you manage to get some pic?

There's also no Drowning Man  :(

Take Care David & Dalila..
"Thick As Shit"

[labyrinth]

alright,
here i am for my feedback.
well, even if i agree with gioez and erpomata about the pop songs because i was waiting for something darker and "special",too, i have to admit they were in an extraordinary form.
about the pop songs, how gioez said, the people went so mad during the pop-songs that Robert clearly choosed to go on that way.
Porl is such a great guitarist, Simon is as powerful as always and Robert sounded CLEARLY and POWERFUL.
this was quite a show.
there was an incredible interaction between audience and Robert, as the "Hello?" in Wrong Number or "Never Enough" , or "Hot Hot Hot" or the famous "ooo-o-oo" from Play For Today, it seemed they were having fun and the people,too.
He talked,smiled and danced more than the past age.
they really rocked all the arena.
"Killing Another" was INCREDIBLE. It was almost screamed by Robert and then, when everything was almost over, with people still calling them for a 4th encore, they didn't turn on the lights, and everyone was still hoping for "Faith" , but Robert with a sign to his throat let us understand he was too tired and then the lights went ON.
the show was over.
and Rome was rocked by The Cure.

i always thought that if I would like to hear live all the songs i like, they should play at least show lasting 8/9 hours,
so i take whatever they give me, and if I like it, i'm happy,
if i don't like it, there is something wrong.
i mean, the concerts are not based only on the setlist (even, if i repeat, i agree with erpomata about this setlist, to me, it's not the worst, but it's too "regular") but on the relation between the band and the audience, the energy they put in, some "special" moments (lyrics in A Forest-Robert dancing).

to me, the best song of the evening was "To Wish Impossible Things" (i love that song)

and i was almost meeting them in a Bar, but when i understand it was them , i tried to go in the bar but the body-guard of Robert, very kindly told me that they were having some relax and it was a moment of privacy (they were drinking) and so, we left as he said that.
it's wrong to "violate" their privacy and their relax.

anyway,
it was really a great show.

p.s.= my phone was dead during the show,
i met nevyn and we talked about the live coverage, he's a very nice person. thank you very much.

and also, i add myself to the cheers of erpomata and gioez to everyone we meet after the show.
it was great to meet you guys.

sorry if I was too long.

Dansi

Being a cold Scandinavian I expected a bit more craziness from the warm-blooded southern European crowd..
However no Cure-concert can be bad in my book, so it still was a memorable concert to me.

Best show I have attended so far is Vienna. Definately on the top of all time live Cure concert list.
Copenhagen and Rome were very much the same setlist-wise - though Rome was a bit more poppy..

Onto New York for me now.

jakso

Quote from: andysabre on March 01, 2008, 10:33:39
back ato home 5 minutes ago from rome, very good and crazy concert.
i hope, in two hours i'll put the concert on Dime!
stay connected!
bye

it would be great to hear your record...thanks for this  :smth023

andysabre

London 90 Cristal park
Roma 92 wish tour
Milano 95 Sonoria Festival
Roma 02 Cornetto music festival
Napoli 04
Roma 04 Mtv Awards
Taormina 05 Greek Theater & Etna vulcano...
Roma 08 4 tour
Roma 12
Bologna 16

nevyn

Can't believe that IT IS yet on DIME... THANK you very much!

Lady

Great show, even if it wasn't a surprising setlist and the audio wasn't very good, it was a wonderful night for me!
There wasn't that long intro with bells before plainsong and also the breaks in the encores were very short.
At the beginning of the show I had the impression that Bob was a little bothered, but then he started to smile, dance, joke with the crowd and wink, ahah he's so tender, he looks like a teddy-bear!!!! :smth050 :lol: 

And he red our banner and smiled to us, fu**ing great!!!!! :smth047 :smth041

That's all for now...I'm tired, happy and still excited for these two italian shows, can't find the right wors to express my emotions!!!! :roll: 
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

nevyn

http://www.thecure.pl/section.php?action=20080229 

My photos from Rome. Part of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FFp9t0-zVg - To wish impossible things.

I have 6 more videos they are currently being uploaded:

Plainsong,
A strange day,
The Walk,
Lullaby,
Primary
A Boy I never knew

as soon as they are available I will post here the links.

gioez

Quote from: nevyn on March 05, 2008, 11:04:00
http://www.thecure.pl/section.php?action=20080229 

My photos from Rome. Part of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FFp9t0-zVg - To wish impossible things.

I have 6 more videos they are currently being uploaded:

Plainsong,
A strange day,
The Walk,
Lullaby,
Primary
A Boy I never knew

as soon as they are available I will post here the links.

Well done Nevyn!  :smth023

You're No 1!
[move][b][glow=red,6,28]100 Years[/glow][/b][/move]

nevyn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wq48Zro6Ecs - A boy I never knew - as you can see he was either given a wrong guitar, or something wrong was with it.

Other songs are coming :)

Thanks for warm words :)

Steve

Prolly tuned for another song (different key?)
Doesn't help that they are identical though :roll:
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php