What made you annoyed today?

Started by Aarna, July 01, 2007, 19:59:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

My mother leaving her key stuck (from inside) in the door lock and then closing the door from the outside. (Good that my business is right next door... but I can't open with my key, as the other key is in...)
So now I sit in my office waiting for a "service" to open the door, but it's the worst weather possible (snow, wet) and I've no idea if the person they sent will get through this snow chaos.   :1f632:
And it will probably cost a nice amount of money.   :pouting-face

Edit: got a call, one guy's car took a slide on the snow (hope he's ok), so they're sending another one, 20 more minutes wait...  :1f631:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

chemicaloverload

Oh Ulrich, that is rotten, hope it gets fixed soon!
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

Ulrich

Quote from: chemicaloverload on January 05, 2019, 20:57:08
Oh Ulrich, that is rotten, hope it gets fixed soon!

Thanks. It is fixed now, but it cost my mother a fortune.  :pouting-face

At least it is a modern lock now, you can open it even if a key is in from the other side of it! So that will never happen again...  :cool

chemicaloverload

Aw thats good, that its been updated too, that it will keep her safe and free from this type of mishap in future :)

Ulrich

Washed my hair, then looked in the mirror: hair looked the same as it did before the wash.  :1f636:

Ulrich

Snow snow snow, it's been snowing the whole day long... :mad:
Now would've been an opportunity to meet some old friends tonite, but I'm not gonna drive in this kind of weather.  :unamused:

word_on_a_wing

On the upside though Ulrich ...you can stay indoors and let your hair do whatever it wants :)

Here in Australia it's been the opposite, there's a need to avoid going out during the day due to heat. Reaching 38c (100f) hasn't been uncommon in recent weeks.
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

Ulrich

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on February 03, 2019, 20:57:48
On the upside though Ulrich ...you can stay indoors and let your hair do whatever it wants :)

Ha ha ha.  :winking_tongue

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on February 03, 2019, 20:57:48
Reaching 38c (100f) hasn't been uncommon in recent weeks.

Way too much heat for my liking. We had a hot/dry summer last year...

Ulrich

Nice weather outside - and I'm inside with a sore throat...

chemicaloverload

Ulrich

Thanks, I went outside for a little bit and didn't feel too bad afterwards.

Also, I had a nap in the late afternoon, which helped.

chemicaloverload

A lemsip and an early night for you!

Ulrich

Bad sleep tonight and weird dreams (me riding a bicycle - haven't done that in ages!!)...
Saturday the weather should be nice and warm again (until then it's windy and rain/snow), so I hope to be back to "okay" on the weekend!

Ulrich

On the way home from a TV Smith gig late last night (or say: early this morning towards 2am) when I came into "my" street, I saw a police car from afar - as I was the only car around, I knew they would stop me. Which they did. It wasn't too annoying, but somehow it was, as it was so close to home and I was kinda tired from a long drive in the drizzle... anyway they wanted to see driver's licence etc. Seeing I was a little tired (and probably "high" from the music!) they might've thought I was on drugs (alcohol test was negative) and made me do a ridiculous "test": asking me to put my head back and close my eyes, telling me to open my eyes again when I thought 30 seconds were over. So I put my head back, closed my eyes while counting backwards in my mind "10, 9, 8...", did this about 3 times, opened my eyes and said "could be now". They said "26 seconds" - not bad for an old sod like me, huh? Even if I were on drugs, I'd probably still be able to count... :P
Needless to say, they wished me a good night and let me drive home.

word_on_a_wing

Quote from: Ulrich on May 03, 2019, 10:34:12
they might've thought I was on drugs (alcohol test was negative) and made me do a ridiculous "test": asking me to put my head back and close my eyes, telling me to open my eyes again when I thought 30 seconds were over.

Geez I've never heard of that one before. I'd imagine many people (including myself) would struggle to guess correct. Perhaps the point is actually to see if the person starts wobbling or showing other signs of intoxication during the long pause or something?
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."