2008.03.18 Rotterdam - Ahoy (The Netherlands) *Sold out*

Started by Tof, September 27, 2007, 17:40:41

Previous topic - Next topic

sullen

carliofandango

Quote from: sullen on March 18, 2008, 23:50:54
Quote from: u-a-b-f on March 18, 2008, 23:46:10
Maybe Robert is getting in the right mood finally.

I do hope so!

I don't..

Seeing as how I have just found out today that I won't be able do go now..   :cry:
It can't rain all the time....

u-a-b-f

Quote from: carliofandango on March 18, 2008, 23:52:33

I do hope so!

I don't..

Seeing as how I have just found out today that I won't be able do go now..   :cry:

i know what you mean. I was hoping to see that encore at the shows i've been but they just did always the same 3 lame encores but anyway i hope they'll play that Faith encore finally also if i'm not able to see it myself. Just to make me stop thinking "that band is not able to play something else than the same lame stuff each night"

u-a-b-f

something i realised today. On this tour they skipped all the songs from the Albums where Roger was involved during his 2nd Cure membership - except Maybe Someday. I wonder why? Do they all have that much Keyboard parts that makes it impossible to play them without Keyboards? ... i should stop now ...

lostflower4

Quote from: u-a-b-f on March 19, 2008, 00:02:05
something i realised today. On this tour they skipped all the songs from the Albums where Roger was involved during his 2nd Cure membership - except Maybe Someday. I wonder why? Do they all have that much Keyboard parts that makes it impossible to play them without Keyboards? ... i should stop now ...

Let's not forget The End of the World and alt.end...

Seems like WMS and Blooflowers are long forgotten by now. Funny how they were playing some of that stuff in 2007, though.

gioez

E3: faith, a forest

Nice encore... I think it's the best, especially in inverse order.
[move][b][glow=red,6,28]100 Years[/glow][/b][/move]

japanesebaby

Quote from: gioez on March 19, 2008, 10:26:16
E3: faith, a forest

Nice encore... I think it's the best, especially in inverse order.

yes the atmosphere really did get better towards the end - even that zombie audience woke up, i was told. ;)

Quote from: lostflower4 on March 19, 2008, 00:30:37
Quote from: u-a-b-f on March 19, 2008, 00:02:05

Let's not forget The End of the World and alt.end...

and uhmm, 'us or them'....

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

LeipeDruyl

@Japanesebaby: I'm not sure where you got your information, but the crowd wasn't dead AT ALL..... Maybe your friends were in the wrong section in front. I was right in front of Simon, and hell broke loose many times.

Second: When they started the first encore Bob made a joke by asking if we wanted 4 faith songs! What he actually asked was: Do you wanna hear 4 faith song? (The crowd screamed like their lives depended on it!! Or do you wanna hear 6 pop songs?? (Then the crowd boo-d!!) I guess he didn't expect the crowd wanted faith songs, cuz they weren't on the setlist, at that moment! The last encore should have been the 17 seconds encore...... But the skipped it and played FAITH instead!!!!!

By the way: the soundcheck was: signal to noise and plainsong.

I do hope for everbody that goes to Wembley tomorrow, they will play more faith songs now!!
I will kiss you, I will kiss you, I will kiss you forever on nights like this

I will kiss you, I will kiss you, and we shall be together.....

boo

Quote from: carliofandango on March 18, 2008, 23:52:33

I do hope so!

I don't..

why are you not able to go???????

boo

Quote from: LeipeDruyl on March 19, 2008, 14:46:19
@Japanesebaby: I'm not sure where you got your information, but the crowd wasn't dead AT ALL..... Maybe your friends were in the wrong section in front. I was right in front of Simon, and hell broke loose many times.

Second: When they started the first encore Bob made a joke by asking if we wanted 4 faith songs! What he actually asked was: Do you wanna hear 4 faith song? (The crowd screamed like their lives depended on it!! Or do you wanna hear 6 pop songs?? (Then the crowd boo-d!!) I guess he didn't expect the crowd wanted faith songs, cuz they weren't on the setlist, at that moment! The last encore should have been the 17 seconds encore...... But the skipped it and played FAITH instead!!!!!

By the way: the soundcheck was: signal to noise and plainsong.

I do hope for everbody that goes to Wembley tomorrow, they will play more faith songs now!!

me too.... i catch the train to london tomorrow morning  :D

japanesebaby

like i posted, it was an an sms from friends at the show (floor).
maybe the atmophere was dead compared to paris, i know the same friends were there too and might have meant it by comparison. anyway, the comment concerned the beginning of the show, they did say it got a lot better towards the end for sure.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 19, 2008, 16:11:33

like i posted, it was an an sms from friends at the show (floor).
maybe the atmophere was dead compared to paris, i know the same friends were there too and might have meant it by comparison. anyway, the comment concerned the beginning of the show, they did say it got a lot better towards the end for sure.

Paris crowd
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4UUm7h62Fs&feature=user

pretty nuts at times.  And not just some sections.  The WHOLE floor.

nevyn

aap

yeah! it is!

i've recorded the show, gonna post it soon in the download section. anyone knows if more people recorded it?