Rare 12'' Vinyl w/ 3 unreleased/unknown songs

Started by wish-man, March 02, 2009, 19:13:02

Previous topic - Next topic

wish-man

A friend of mine has sent me the link of the record he found.

http://www.thecurerecords.com/record.aspx?id=4755

First time I thought that its a fake one as a guy posted on my temporary website the message: Warning thecurerecords.com is a compelte FRAUD. The website is a scam that sells and trade FAKE Cure records!! Someone needs to Shut then down.

And then my mate found THIS!

As we see it includes: The Kiss (Remix 1) / The Kiss (Remix 2) / Hot, Hot, Hot! (Remix + Bass)

How do you think what songs on it? May some collectors here have a copy of it and can say JUST WHAT SONGS ON IT, but not sharing? ( I remember a conflict about Primary (12'') hence why I just want to know if these songs are really differ from songs we know)

Thanks in advance :smth023
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

japanesebaby

i don't know but some people have too much money.... (and/or they just can't find anything better to spend it on?)

QuoteWinning bid:   GBP 2,494.00

:shock:

i don't know but i somehow don't trust these "rare acetates" being anything genuine, really. just a gut feeling, i could very well be completely wrong.
but i probably wouldn't pay £20 for it, let alone £2,000....  :lol:

ps. i don't know the webmaster of thecurerecords.com site. but i don't think it's a site that actually sells anything as such. as far as i've understood, you can simply hook up with other collectors via that site. and it's probably possible to run into people who cheat you (like everywhere in life). but that can happen everywhere, ebay, other auction sites, forums...
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

wish-man

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 02, 2009, 19:30:31
i don't know but some people have too much money.... (and/or they just can't find anything better to spend it on?)

QuoteWinning bid:   GBP 2,494.00

:shock:

i don't know but i somehow don't trust these "rare acetates" being anything genuine, really. just a gut feeling, i could very well be completely wrong.
but i probably wouldn't pay £20 for it, let alone £2,000....  :lol:

ps. i don't know the webmaster of thecurerecords.com site. but i don't think it's a site that actually sells anything as such. as far as i've understood, you can simply hook up with other collectors via that site. and it's probably possible to run into people who cheat you (like everywhere in life). but that can happen everywhere, ebay, other auction sites, forums...

Yeh totally agree with you about the cure records. I posted that message of a guy to warn you of f*cking-up there. And the price of the record is MADNESS as well. I was amazed about The Blood 7'' vinyl that was cost for about 1000 pounds or euros and I thought about that 'WTF? Are they crazy to put the price like this?' and now this bloody 2.500 GBP = its about 3.000 EUR  :shock:

Plus can you clearly imagine a remix for The Kiss? lol

Just imagine how Robert singing 'I wish you were dead' and then these Dance insets. The feelings after this song will be as after madness Airlock/Carnage Visors first-time listening  :-D But at the same time we should have the harsh toughness if we get through Airlock & Carnage Visors  :lol:
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

lostflower4

That's just crazy, but I'm skeptical about these "remixes".

I mean, what if the (Remix + Bass) is just the original with some EQ added.  :oops:

Although I do admit that I'm very curious!

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4 on March 02, 2009, 22:36:35
I mean, what if the (Remix + Bass) is just the original with some EQ added.  :oops:

could very well be that... +perhaps some clumsy "loops" added just by repeating certain sections of the song (some old unofficial remixes have been like this).
which would mean it's totally useless because everyone could do the same at home anytime - and often even a lot better.

curious enough to pay £2500 for it?  :-D

Quote from: wish-man on March 02, 2009, 22:03:53
I was amazed about The Blood 7'' vinyl that was cost for about 1000 pounds or euros and I thought about that 'WTF? Are they crazy to put the price like this?'

talking about the blood 7", everyone should be very careful to avoid being cheated big time. there are a lot of unofficial pressings out there and some of these often on ebay, trying to be passed as genuine:
--> http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,471.msg3006.html#msg3006  :!:

i can imagine a bad one, yes - a good one - no. ;)

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

nausearockpig

I've got a bridge to sell you! Oh and do you want some real estate in the sky? Cos I can get you some prime land on the moon!

Descent

How much of a radical remix could it be ?

There's an acetate record of Why Can't I Be You ? as well including 3 differents mixes of the song by "Ron St Germain". I never heard them but I think (?) I was told they were pretty close to the regular version.

I suppose all this are "rough mixes" with minor differences like pointed out by lostflower4. But you never know.  :-D

Acetate records are very expensive as they're usually produced in less than 10 copies.

adam60

Cure records isn't a auction site and they don't sell anything on there. It is just a site where people who collect cure records can view items they may not own, find out about rare items and chat with other collectors and see their collections. I've been using it for ages and have never heard of anyone being ripped off through the site. The site is brilliant...

A remix can mean anything. These could be rough mixes to see what the levels are like before mastering the album. They could just be alternate takes that have minimal differences from the released version. The single version of JLH is called remix and is only marginally different from the album version. Most of the Cure's radical remxies have titles like 'Special Disco Version', 'Extended Version' or the remixers name etc.

Chances are this was either cut to compare the levels on two marginally different mixes before continuing with mastering the album or it's a fake.

lostflower4

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 02, 2009, 22:43:07

curious enough to pay £2500 for it?  :-D

Well, I suppose one could just buy it, transfer it to digital, and re-sell it.

But I'd hate to be the sucker who ends up stuck with something bogus, with the only way of getting my money back being to rip someone else off.  :?

Quote from: japanesebaby on March 02, 2009, 22:43:07

i can imagine a bad one, yes - a good one - no. ;)

Hmmm... I can think of two mixes that would be really incredible to hear:

Instrumental mix
Guitar-only mix  :smth035

Now, those might be worth something!

cure-fan

They are different studio mixes. This is a test acetate. There is an other rare one.

WHY CAN'T I BE YOU? (remix1, remix2 and remix3) ...this is a test acetate, too.

And there is a very rare CD promo of HIGH.
Cure forever