a recent photo of Mary

Started by Cure Freak, June 23, 2008, 19:14:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Quote from: sootycure on April 08, 2014, 05:26:25
I think you need to be a bit careful there, your comment is in danger of looking just a wee-bit sour grapey. Try to avoid blatantly bashing Mary - she's nice.

While I agree, I'm not sure if the person who posted that quote you refer to, will ever read this, as:
Last Active: September 15, 2008, 05:40:35

Quote from: sootycure on April 08, 2014, 05:26:25
Robert obviously appreciates a natural woman who hasn't plucked/waxed her brows into oblivion.

Does he? Let's not forget he was already dating her back in their school days in the 70's! Back then most school girls probably did not pluck/wax anything at all...
While looks may be important at first, I guess RS and Mary stayed together for that long because they are soul mates (or something like that).
Both he and her have changed over the years. If the relation was based on looks alone, they probably would've gone separate ways many years ago...
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

revolt_again

By the way, the most recent foto of (with) Mary I know about is this one from 2009:

http://www.picturesofyou.us/photos/09/09-mary-Lily-carol-eden-n.jpg

Still recognisably the same woman, but now looking older, as expected...

sootycure

Quote from: Ulrich on April 08, 2014, 10:38:47
Does he? Let's not forget he was already dating her back in their school days in the 70's! Back then most school girls probably did not pluck/wax anything at all...
While looks may be important at first, I guess RS and Mary stayed together for that long because they are soul mates (or something like that).
Both he and her have changed over the years. If the relation was based on looks alone, they probably would've gone separate ways many years ago...

Mary could have then and has had plenty of time since meeting Robert [at 15] - if she wanted to - to pluck/wax her eyebrows. She was a model for goodness sake. The eyebrows are definitely a choice and NOT a bad one. And while looks are NOT everything, Robert has made certain comments suggesting he DOES rather like Mary's appearance. Plus she clearly prefers him to look a certain way too. Robert has said several times that he looks the way he does, because Mary likes it.
Apart from getting older, Robert and Mary haven't really changed - not even in appearance. The basics are still there - hair, make-up, even the clothes to some extent....oh and wait for it - Mary's eyebrows are still there too.

I think it's pretty obvious that Robert and Mary's relationship is based on so much more than looks - because it's lasted so long and seems to be as strong now [if not stronger] than it was at the start.
I'm not trying to argue that looks are all important - I only got into this subject as a response to someone who was criticizing Mary for her appearance. They may be long gone now, but I still thought that what they said really wasn't fair.
I'm so glad you came
I'm so glad you remembered
To see how we're ending
Our last dance together
Reluctantly
Cautiously
But prettier than ever
I really believe that this time it's forever

Ulrich

Thanks @revolt for the latest pic link!

Quote from: sootycure on April 09, 2014, 02:48:48
Mary could have then and has had plenty of time since meeting Robert [at 15] - if she wanted to - to pluck/wax her eyebrows. She was a model for goodness sake. The eyebrows are definitely a choice and NOT a bad one. And while looks are NOT everything, Robert has made certain comments suggesting he DOES rather like Mary's appearance. Plus she clearly prefers him to look a certain way too. Robert has said several times that he looks the way he does, because Mary likes it.

Yeah, I agree completely. Having said that she was NOT a model (yet) when he met her and he wasn't a professional musician, so thankfully it's not the "rockstar dates model" thing!
I'm sure he is honest about it, but then again IF he said in public he didn't like the looks of his wife, he'd be in big trouble when he comes home...   :lol:

Quote from: sootycure on April 09, 2014, 02:48:48
I'm not trying to argue that looks are all important - I only got into this subject as a response to someone who was criticizing Mary for her appearance. They may be long gone now, but I still thought that what they said really wasn't fair.

Yeah, again I agree.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...