The Cue to play Disintegration shows with Prayer Tour line up

Started by dsanchez, April 01, 2019, 12:32:51

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

LONDON, 1 (AGENCIES) . - The Cure's front man Robert Smith has confirmed to 0401 UK Radio that the band will play the 'Disintegration' shows this year with their original line up: Robert Smith, Roger O'Donnell, Simon Gallup, Boris Williams and Pearl Thompson. This will mark the return of Boris Williams -highly regarded by the fans as the best drummer The Cure ever had- to the band after 26 years, and the return of Pearl Thompson after 10 years.

About his change of mind Smith said: "after careful consideration I have taken the decision to play these shows with the band members that participated in the recording of 'Disintegration'. Festival shows, however, will be performed with the current line up as usual"
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

word_on_a_wing

Ahhh... you had me for 3 seconds, thinking ...wtf that's a shock!!
...then realised ....April Fools! 😆
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

cheyler

Quote from: dsanchez on April 01, 2019, 12:32:51LONDON, 1 (AGENCIES) . - The Cure's front man Robert Smith has confirmed to 0401 UK Radio that the band will play the 'Disintegration' shows this year with their original line up: Robert Smith, Roger O'Donnell, Simon Gallup, Boris Williams and Pearl Thompson. This will mark the return of Boris Williams -highly regarded by the fans as the best drummer The Cure ever had- to the band after 26 years, and the return of Pearl Thompson after 10 years.

About his change of mind Smith said: "after careful consideration I have taken the decision to play these shows with the band members that participated in the recording of 'Disintegration'. Festival shows, however, will be performed with the current line up as usual"

I was EXTREMELY happy until that last line.  Oh, how I wish...

Ulrich

Quote from: cheyler on May 26, 2019, 04:02:53
Quote from: dsanchez on April 01, 2019, 12:32:51Festival shows, however, will be performed with the current line up as usual"

...  Oh, how I wish...

Your wish does come true: the current line-up will play all the festival shows.  :lol:  :winking_tongue
The holy city breathed like a dying man...