Currently Listening to

Started by Steve, April 08, 2007, 08:56:52

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingMan

En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

SueC

Hello @MeltingMan, I've gone green like you!  :1f631:  Must have been contagious!   :winking_tongue

This is serious evidence that there is life on Mars, and we are examples of it.

At home we're listening to:

(...and don't knock her, she played the fiddle for the Lord Of The Rings soundtrack!)

But also:

PS: That was Paranoid by Garbage, BTW, and I don't want to select another clip in the hope it works.  The lyrics are outrageous anyway. :P
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

SueC

I was thinking, "I like this, and particularly the drumming on this!" and then I found out who the drummer was!  :lol:  Interesting line-up:

"We are The Rhynes.
It's pronouced "reens".... :)

Vocals, guitar, piano, organ, bass, harmonica, tambourine: Joe Atkinson
Drums: Special guests."

...but in this case, the special guest has made appearances here before...

...couldn't find out anything about Joe Atkinson's musical history because there are too many Joe Atkinsons and I'm sure he's not the gospel singer with the ministry... anything you can tell us, @Ulrich?

SueC is time travelling

MeltingMan

Quote from: SueC on December 23, 2019, 13:43:26Hello @MeltingMan, I've gone green like you!  :1f631:  Must have been contagious!  :winking_tongue

I didn't notice. 😉

Merry Christmas!

En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

SueC

Quote from: MeltingMan on December 24, 2019, 10:44:58
Quote from: SueC on December 23, 2019, 13:43:26Hello @MeltingMan, I've gone green like you!  :1f631:  Must have been contagious!  :winking_tongue

I didn't notice. 😉

Merry Christmas!

Awwww, @MeltingMan, I hope the Prince song isn't a good fit for you today.  :worried:   I'm sending you a big hug from Australia (or a big Japanese bow, if you're non-huggy) and Brett and I wish you a good Christmas, and lots of happiness for 2020.  The worst times in my life were eventually followed by happy times and I hope that wonderful things may happen for you in the New Year.  ♥

🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

...I'm still not used to being green...
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Quote from: SueC on December 24, 2019, 00:13:47...but in this case, the special guest has made appearances here before...

...couldn't find out anything about Joe Atkinson's musical history because there are too many Joe Atkinsons

Well I know him as a member of the band "Flipron" (currently on hiatus, I believe), apparently he also plays with the Neville Staple band and Donovan. The Rhynes is probably his "solo project". (?)

He himself shared this video with a Facebook group, I immediately liked the title (fits this time of year - at least here in Europe) and the mood of it. (And of course the drumming by an old mate...)

Here is a bit of a "twangy guitar off beat spaghetti-ska number" by his band feat. Neville Staple:

(P.S.: You might find out that this song was mixed by someone whose name you're familiar with as a Cure fan: Dave M. Allen)

SueC

Do you know, @Ulrich, I kept getting cognitive dissonance when I first started reading about The Cure and there was continuous reference to a Dave Allen...

So when you're telling me, "Dave Allen mixed this music!" it's a bit like someone telling me, "Thomas Edison mixed this pancake batter!" :angel
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

To me, (another person called) Dave Allen was a friend, knew him through an internet forum (met him at concerts back in 2005). Sadly he passed away in 2007.  :'(

SueC

I'm sorry to hear that, @Ulrich:'(  And thanks for the music, it's interesting to see the connections.

Today I've got this.  I think this is so much better than the original:

SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

First time I listened to this (early 90's) I didn't know who the players were, but I could easily recognise the drummer (because it's his "typical" style)!  :1f62e:

Ulrich

SueC

Great when your head is "full" from watching a superb concert, and you need something different.  Excellent music for making Minestrone and Spaghetti Marinara! ;)

SueC is time travelling

SueC

Due to recent Eastern themes, I'm re-listening to this...

If you like If Only Tonight We Could Sleep, give it a shot... the notes bend everywhere... try not to get run over by the imaginary camels...

An elderly Lebanese woman I knew in Sydney, who taught me that there are better chickpea varieties than what you get in the supermarket, was up and dancing to this when I put it on, swaying with her arms undulating around her and a luminous smile on her face.  "Those drums," she said to me... :heart-eyes
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Too many zeroes...