The Document

Started by Poe, September 22, 2008, 17:48:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Poe

I just found this on amazon.com and wondered if anyone has any more information on this impending release, or any opinion about it for that matter. Let me know if there's a topic about this already, couldn't find one...

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001CUXZQS?tag=curefanscom-20&camp=15309&creative=374845&linkCode=st1&creativeASIN=B001CUXZQS&adid=1QXBTXJ16SMBJB7Z6SDH

The Document
The Cure

Original Release Date: September 30, 2008

Product Description
CD /DVD Pacckage with picture discs. CD Contains over an hours worth of interviews with frontman Robert Smith who discusses his influences - musical and otherwise - future prospects and what his career has meant so far. A fascinating insight in to this massively popular band, proving to be essential for fan's everywhere.DV D An hour-long film documenting the bands long and distinguished career, from their roots in 70's England to the 27 million sales of their albums today. Highlights include interviews with Robert Smith and the people who have been closest to him, rare footage, opinions and critiques from the rock press, un-seen photos and a whole selection of bonus features which make this essential viewing for all fans.
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

japanesebaby

i don't know this one in particular, but it looks very much like all those masses of totally useless "unofficial biography" cds/dvds out there. these are a complete waste of money, for instance:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cure-Out-Woods/dp/B0002W174E

utter crap.  :smth011

some of these releases are advertised for having some genuine interview material on them but they are usually short glimpses of something that's commonly available everywhere anyway (like from some tv show/interview), nothing special or exclusive.

i really wouldn't waste my money on these... the fact that they are completely unofficial releases and unauthorized by the band tell everything about them.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Poe

I wasn't going to buy it, just caught my eye, but you're probably right. I'll check the site again in a while to see if any reviews have come up...
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

Janko

Quote from: Poe on September 22, 2008, 19:52:23
I wasn't going to buy it, just caught my eye,   

Yeah right...

:-D

Well, somebody buys them!

:D :D :D
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

silversand

I wouldn't buy it either, because unofficial releases aren't good, i think.
And a waste of money :).

wish-man

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 22, 2008, 18:31:35
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cure-Out-Woods/dp/B0002W174E

utter crap.  :smth011

Hm, what about Out Of The Woods? What is this? I mean is it another 'Rock Case' with interviewing fans or something else?
I never watch it and been perplexed why so many fans speak of this DVD so bad.
Can someone explain me 'why'?
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

nausearockpig

I bought Out Of The Woods and it was shite.