Twilight Series (books and film/s)

Started by ~*CherryRed*~, May 08, 2009, 10:26:01

Previous topic - Next topic

~*CherryRed*~

Well, not sure if there is another post out there about this topic, but as I couldn't find one... here it is!

I have just started to read the series again for the 3rd time. I'm 100% hooked and addicted to these books. For me it is the story that I never wrote - sounds far fetched I guess, but believe it or not I attempted a similar story while I was still at School. I stumbled and faltered when it came to doing histroy research! LOL, as vampires live forever a certain amount of History is required in the telling of the tale.

I can't wait to see the next film New Moon due for release in November 2009.

I also am really enjoying the soundtrack, I had heard of Muse before but never paid any attention to them, (after all I do have The Cure taking most of my time!!). But I think I'm a fan now. Also The Black Ghosts 'full moon' song on the soundtrack is a GREAT GREAT song!

I checked out the Author's website http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/

She has a playlist on there for each book, and I have to say she has some great choices there. I had to check that part out to see if The Cure featured in there at all - regretfully they do not. I guess Mrs Meyer is not a Cure fan. But thats not to say that the musical director for the following films won't include The Cure somewhere at some point... I can only hope and pray on that front!

I have several issues with the Twilight film, several which invlove really bad script plot choices - but then I always tend to pick things to pieces and have a good ol' **** about them!! I absolutly LOVE Mr Rob. Pattinson as Edward Cullen. He can be so very 'smouldering' on screen... which is perfect for the role. I don't like his music all that much - just not to my taste really.

I am most excited about the following films - as I am really interested to see how they handle the last stages of the final book Breaking Dawn. If you've read the books, I would hope you know what I'm getting at here!

Also, if anyone that goes to Steph. Meyer's website and manages to download the pdfs for Midnight Sun - can you please send me a copy, or post it here or someting. I can't get it for some reason and I'm DYING to read it!

I also reckon that this series will grow with at least another two books in the offing, one being the unfinished Midnight Sun, which is the story through Edwards eyes... and then a continuation of the story from Breaking Dawn. You can just see that the Volturi are gonna be back for more!!!!

"prone to flights of whimsy"

alwaysprayingforRAIN

i absolutely LOVE the twilight series as well. i have all the books and it got me into reading in english because there was no way i could have waited for the books to be translated!!!
i really enjoy the music as well and in my opinion the movie is great. yes there is some trouble with the script, but for me it captures the FEELING of the whole story very good.
i have to say that i really like edward but my heart belongs to jacob - i just don't like people that are perfect :-)
in one point i disagree: i don't think there should be more books. that would only ruin everything as they could never be as good as the others!!!

Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

~*CherryRed*~

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on May 08, 2009, 17:16:41
i have to say that i really like edward but my heart belongs to jacob - i just don't like people that are perfect :-)

Ah, I see your a WOLF PACK 'girl' (I just assume that your female) I'm a bloodsucker/leech lover!! Hehehehe.... seems your one or the other! Congrats on your determination to read the books in English - that is impressive to me!  :smth023

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: ~*CherryRed*~ on May 09, 2009, 10:57:53
Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on May 08, 2009, 17:16:41

Ah, I see your a WOLF PACK 'girl' (I just assume that your female) I'm a bloodsucker/leech lover!! Hehehehe.... seems your one or the other! Congrats on your determination to read the books in English - that is impressive to me!  :smth023

well i don't hate vampires i just think that i would feel horrible next to edward and on top of that i need to argue a little from time to time and that ' whatever you want baby' would drive me insane ;)
I've had screaming fights with my girlfriends when they said they hated jacob... i can take a ' i prefer edward' but hate ????
well all in all there is something for everybody, right ? :D
Makes me wish i was you

wish-man

I expect to read all series in June. Currently I'm reading A.Camus collection that my friend gave me. Meanwhile I've read just 'The Stranger', just to have notion of 'Killing An Arab' song  :smth023

But I watched 'Twilight' movie few weeks ago and it seemed very nice idea & movie in general. Will see what book present itself  ;)

More hope & anymore time...  :lol:
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: wish-man on May 09, 2009, 21:38:03

I expect to read all series in June. Currently I'm reading A.Camus collection that my friend gave me. Meanwhile I've read just 'The Stranger', just to have notion of 'Killing An Arab' song  :smth023

But I watched 'Twilight' movie few weeks ago and it seemed very nice idea & movie in general. Will see what book present itself  ;)

More hope & anymore time...  :lol:

yes the movie was good, but if you liked it you have to read the book. it is so so so much better!!!!!
i hope you can find the time. it is just awesome :D
btw I've been wanting to read The Stranger... is it good ??
Makes me wish i was you

wish-man

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on May 09, 2009, 23:09:11

yes the movie was good, but if you liked it you have to read the book. it is so so so much better!!!!!

Thanks for recommendation!  :D

Yes, 'The Stranger' was quiet good enough book for me. Its not sort of 'one of the best book I ever read', but it's pretty good! Now I'm reading 'Caligula' and while it seems more intresting to me than 'Stranger'  :lol:

and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

~*CherryRed*~

Hehehe... hows this, I bought myself a Team Edward shirt the other day! LOL, So I'm now all 'official' if you like!  :roll: (ah - when will this obssession ease???)

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: wish-man on May 10, 2009, 12:04:34
Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on May 09, 2009, 23:09:11

Thanks for recommendation!  :D

Yes, 'The Stranger' was quiet good enough book for me. Its not sort of 'one of the best book I ever read', but it's pretty good! Now I'm reading 'Caligula' and while it seems more intresting to me than 'Stranger'  :lol:

thanks for your recommendation, too. i guess I'm going to read it. I'm so fast and I'm always out of books anyway :-)

Quote from: ~*CherryRed*~ on May 11, 2009, 06:59:01
Hehehe... hows this, I bought myself a Team Edward shirt the other day! LOL, So I'm now all 'official' if you like!  :roll: (ah - when will this obssession ease???)

ohhhhhh the enemy!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ^^
i hear they sell that team edward/jacob on underwear, too. don't tell me you would buy that cause then I'm calling the shrink haha!!!!!!! :smth100

Makes me wish i was you

~*CherryRed*~

Hahahahahahaha.... no underwear things aren't my bag baby! I'm far to flabby to be flashing my undies to the world to show of a TEAM EDWARD logo!!!!

I saw a photo of the Wolf Pack online somewhere (I'll try and find it and post it here) for the next film - and I must say they look SPECTACULAR! Fine examples of the male form I have to say! I may have to turn Wolfie!!! (nah, I'm leechlover thru and thru!)

alwaysprayingforRAIN

i really hope that the special effects are better for this one.... they could really ruin the wolves with that!!! they should have more money for this one though. did you hear that a woman found the script in the garbage of a hotel ????? thank god she didn't sell it on the internet or something...  :shock:
Makes me wish i was you

~*CherryRed*~

Here is that image of the Wolf Pack that I mentioned before... They are an extremly good looking bunch, do you not think!?

Yeah I hope the special effects are better in the next film also. I hope they don't change the 'sparkle' skin effect though, as that does work in my opinion, and I hate film makers changing things through the series (I refer to the Harry Potter series here as being the worst at changing the look of things from film to film). I can't wait to see the Wolf Boys 'shiver' with rage before they change, I just hope it works! I didn't really 'buy' the vampires running effect either... but what are you gonna do???

Finding the script in a bin in a hotel room sounds rather bizarre to me - what some people won't do to leak things hey!?! Glad she didn't buy into that and sell it on or post it on the web. Some mystery is good for your health!! I'm really dying here, waiting for the next film! But thats healthy for me......  :-D

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Makes me wish i was you

~*CherryRed*~

Ha, I just had a look at the link provided by derektrainwreck... hmm, he is well developed! And so the daydreaming continues!!! :-D