Cure tattoos

Started by dsanchez, November 07, 2006, 15:14:01

Previous topic - Next topic

scatcat

A question I would like to ask.. those [women] who have HAD tatoos...

Is the pain greater or lesser/easier to endure than your experience of childbirth??
IYO experience??   wondering...hmmm..
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Cure Freak

j~ thank you for the information on the procedure. :smth001

scatcat ~ my tat was on the tummy and was quite pasinful. I was in tears. But, not nearly, as painful, as giving birth. And mine was a natural childbirth, no anesthetics. That was the most painful experience I ever had.

scatcat

Childbirth a breeze.. because you understand what is happening and the 'pain' is state of the mind/fear... hhhmm.. you are now all swaying me to maybe think of a tatoo!!?? :?
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Cure Freak

Quote from: scatcat on November 02, 2007, 18:31:30
Childbirth a breeze.. because you understand what is happening and the 'pain' is state of the mind/fear... hhhmm.. you are now all swaying me to maybe think of a tatoo!!?? :?
The pain was real. But I dealt with it, with breathing exercises, getting myself relaxed. I accepted it. becuase it was there for a purpose.

j

Quote from: Cure Freak on November 02, 2007, 18:25:36

scatcat ~ my tat was on the tummy and was quite pasinful. I was in tears. But, not nearly, as painful, as giving birth. And mine was a natural childbirth, no anesthetics. That was the most painful experience I ever had.

It all depends on where you get it.  I have quite alot of ink.  The most painful had to be the back of my arm, right near the back of the armpit.  Another painful one is the back on the spine, followed by the leg on the shin bone.  Oh, and I forgot...the inside of your biceps is quite painful as well.

Next up for me....a big piece on my ribs.  That should be a painful experience!

Cure Freak

Quote from: j on November 02, 2007, 23:55:32
Quote from: Cure Freak on November 02, 2007, 18:25:36

It all depends on where you get it.  I have quite alot of ink.  The most painful had to be the back of my arm, right near the back of the armpit.  Another painful one is the back on the spine, followed by the leg on the shin bone.  Oh, and I forgot...the inside of your biceps is quite painful as well.

Next up for me....a big piece on my ribs.  That should be a painful experience!
Yes, it could. I can see getting one on back of you spine to be very painful.

But to some, pain is another reason for getting a tat. They like it.

japanesebaby

Quote from: boneheadhaggar on October 24, 2007, 09:41:21
I have my boys names tattooed on my arm, and I never get sick of looking at it :)

yes but i suppose the bond between a parent and a child is in so completely different level than any bond between a fan and a rock artist that it doesn't even need any explanations... your own child: i think it's The only thing in the world that can make an exception in the rule of "getting bored", that i mentioned above.
but since i have no children (and i don't even plan to get any) i guess that leaves me without tattoos... luckily! ;)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

~*CherryRed*~

To be inked or not to be inked - that is the question!

For me, Tattoo's were always going to happen. I'm an arty farty type person and at school I was always drawing on my arms/legs any exposed body area... so it was a natural thing for me to go all the way when I became of age!

Also I really 'like' people that get tattoo'd. I like to see what they have and ask why - makes for interseting conversation at times! And it's also like being a part of something, you have something in common with that person.  8)

I like to see that the tradition of tattooing continues. The Christians almost succeeded in their effort to have the practice wiped of the face of the earth... and as I'm not religious in any form, to me it's "sticking it to the MAN" (as the saying goes). Hmm, I'm not intending to offend anyone here either I want to say.

Someone mentioned awhile back in here, that they thought it was silly having Robert Smith tattoo'd on your body...  I forget the exact words used. I want to say here that I have Robert one one side, and Sid Vicious on the other. They represent the two sides of my personality. A Ying & Yang type thing I guess! And even at the age of (nearly) 34... it still applies.

Everyone is different, and what works for me definately won't work for others. It's so cool to go to an outdoor music festival and see all the artwork on peoples bodies! Living and breathing art... we're all on the same wave length, but so original in our way of expressing it. I have often chatted to complete strangers about their artwork, and even made some friends that way! It's a great way to strike up a conversation. And unless the person your chatting to is a complete wanker, they will generally be really nice and chat to you about their work and experience.

I intend to have a load more work done when the budget allows. It is very true that once you get one, you never stop at that one! - your always thinking of the next one you'd like to have. My fella is covered in them, and some of his tattoo's are really impressive I have to say!

And one last thing (and then I'm done on this topic for ever). I actually won "best realistic" for my Robert Smith tattoo in 2006 at a Tattoo Show I went to! So to the person that said they thought my Robert looked like Sugar Ray... hmm!
"prone to flights of whimsy"

melly

It IS a very personal thing, having a tattoo, not something I would choose, but, each and every one of us is an individual, that's what makes life interesting. A friend of mine ( female) had a tat done on her right ankle. Looked ok for a while...but now, she's in her middle 50's..and it looks like crap. Don't forget the force of gravity which afflicts those of us in our more..ehem..mature years. The ol' skin doesnt't stay as taut and terrific as in our 30's...one would hate to have a droopy tattoo..particularly a "face" done somewhere, could end up looking rather odd!!  :smth048
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

japanesebaby

Quote from: ~*CherryRed*~ on November 06, 2007, 22:48:52
To be inked or not to be inked - that is the question!

For me, Tattoo's were always going to happen. I'm an arty farty type person and at school I was always drawing on my arms/legs any exposed body area... so it was a natural thing for me to go all the way when I became of age!

it's funny but i could say i would not want to have a tattoo for the same reasons: i always liked drawing and was drawing on anything and everything back at school, so i could also call myself an "arty farty person". but that's exactly why i never wanted anything "stamped" on me permanently and for all. so it's funny how the same reason can work both ways, i suppose.  :smth001

(about the comment earlier about some tattooed faces looking weird-ish: i don't think it was a reference to your tattoo particular CherryRed, so no bad intentions there i suppose. i think it was a comment on some of those displayed on COF in general. because looking at some of those, i'd have to agree that some of those just do look like they were drawn by a school kid, not by anyone with any real drawing/artistic skills. so there are lots of tattoos out there and lots of people making them... and some have better eye than others. it's actually a challenging thing, to tattoo someone's face on someone else's skin - because portraits aren't the easiest thing to accomplish and taking into consideration that ion this case you can't really wipe it off and start again if your result didn't please the eye... so i think it really takes a good artist to do any "portait tattoo" properly.)

by the way i had a dream a few days ago where i woke up and had this bar code with a series of lines and numbers tattood on the inside of my wrist and i was freaking terrified and panicking - and then i woke up!
ok sorry for a rather random comment, but i was thinking maybe the context of the tattoo and my reaction to it in my dream somehow displays my personal relationship with tattoos. ;-P
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

AlluivialL

I think of all the tattooed portraits I've ever seen of Robert, I like this one the most.

even though it's kind of surreal, I really like it.
But I think I get a bit confused, am I seducing or being seduced?

silversand

It's a cool tattoo!!! I love it!!
Thanks for posting the picture AlluivialL  :)

melly

I wasn't having a go at anyone's tattoo when I said about a face maybe looking a bit odd..it was in the context of if you had say, a face tattooed on your tummy, that over time, possibly, the skin sags a little,and it could change the whole outlook of that tat. It would be a shame to see a contorted face on your belly. It does happen, to some, as you get older you know!! So, no offence CherryRed, none intended at all...I was just making a general statement... :(
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

scatcat

Quote from: melly on November 09, 2007, 09:33:15
I wasn't having a go at anyone's tattoo when I said about a face maybe looking a bit odd..it was in the context of if you had say, a face tattooed on your tummy, that over time, possibly, the skin sags a little,and it could change the whole outlook of that tat. It would be a shame to see a contorted face on your belly. It does happen, to some, as you get older you know!! So, no offence CherryRed, none intended at all...I was just making a general statement... :(

tis funny.. I don't have at tattoo, so far; I have had babies, BUT STILL a flat, lean stomach, but I could still make my tummy 'roll' like the indigestion ads if persuaded enuff!!
skin gets soft but... sweeet to some..  ;)

I can make my 'innie' bellie button mouth words... ???!!  :smth100
(maybe too much information here??)
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Cure Freak

Quote from: scatcat on November 09, 2007, 14:06:09
Quote from: melly on November 09, 2007, 09:33:15

tis funny.. I don't have at tattoo, so far; I have had babies, BUT STILL a flat, lean stomach, but I could still make my tummy 'roll' like the indigestion ads if persuaded enuff!!
skin gets soft but... sweeet to some..  ;)

I can make my 'innie' bellie button mouth words... ???!!  :smth100
(maybe too much information here??)

:smth046

My tummy is very flat and so is my belly button. I couldn't get a naval piercing becasue of that. The piercier said the jewerly wouldn't hold long. :(