You're So Happy (You Could Kill Me!)

Started by Whiskers, February 08, 2009, 07:39:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiskers

I was just looking through the lyrics on The Cure's website, and I came across a song called You're So Happy (You Could Kill Me!). It was written sometime between Greatest Hits and their self-titled album, but I'd never heard of it before. Does anybody know what it is?

GreenGhost

I know this was floating around p2p download programs quite a bit back then.  There was some debate as to whether it was actually them or not at the time...or maybe there's a legit version AND a fake one out there?  That's all I really know though.  Thought there'd be more discussion on this.
and the past is taunting
fear of ghosts
is forcing me apart

www.chimneysweeprecords.com

nausearockpig

from memory it was on a covers compliation. the song was recorded by Pink Pig.. The Cure's version was apparenlty released at the same time as "Spilt Milk" but no-one seems to have it or want to share it..

lostflower4

mscurefan

I know of the song "All I want to do is kill her" which is very similar to "All Mine"It used to get played in the early 80s at the concerts.  If you go on You Tube there is quite alot of discussion about the two songs and the song "Forever" I think Curefans would like to see the three songs put on on DVD/CD. "All I want is to kill her" is played on You Tube but not in its  entirity. You only get 10 minutes of a version which was played for around 45 minutes.We need to get Roberts attention on this because so many fans want copies of the songs. I dont know if this is of any help but "All I want to dos kill her" was on the casette version of "Concert" Unfortunately my copy died from overuse years ago.So it does exist in that format Maybe try ebay you never know your luck.  Take care everyone.  If any of this information is incorrect please feel ok about correcting Im as axious as you guys to get a copy.

cure-fan

No. It was recorded in 1998-1999 (for Bloodflowers).
Cure forever