2008.06.03 San Diego - Cox Arena (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:16:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Poe

Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 04, 2008, 10:07:29
At the start of Close To Me, he stood directly in front of me and tossed his mic right at me.

Ha, when I first read this I thought it sounded like he tried to clock you with it.  :roll: Anyhow, thanks for sharing, and thanks for the pics.

Quote from: japanesebaby on June 04, 2008, 18:50:27
Start saving your pennies for traveling.  The 30th anniversary is right around the corner  ;)

hmm, but what if they'll just embark on a massive "hits" tour and play 'boys don't cry?' and 'just like heaven' all night? just because it's an anniversary tour and people want to hear their greatest hits... (fear of ghosts...?)
they'd better do an undercover club tour camouflaged as "four imaginary boys" or something like that!

Yeah, something more "intimate" would be nice, and by intimate I mean tens of thousands of Cure fans gathered around a fire singing along to Faith... If only they could manage two celebration tours, one for the "public" (to "recruit" new fans) and one for the "family." Oh well, never mind, I'm sure it'll be a blast anyway.
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

Bloodflower

Start saving your pennies for traveling.  The 30th anniversary is right around the corner  ;)

hmm, but what if they'll just embark on a massive "hits" tour and play 'boys don't cry?' and 'just like heaven' all night? just because it's an anniversary tour and people want to hear their greatest hits... (fear of ghosts...?)
they'd better do an undercover club tour camouflaged as "four imaginary boys" or something like that!

This would be terrible! If they toured under a pseudonym, and presumably didn't make it known they were going to tour, I wouldn't know. And then I'd miss them. And then....

Point is, time for me to start putting some money in my Cure Fund.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

j

Fantastic pics, Brian  :shock: !  Thanks for sharing.  Stay classy, San Dee-ago. :smth023

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

japanesebaby

Quote from: disintegration on June 05, 2008, 10:37:42
Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 04, 2008, 22:46:41
My San Diego pics are up in the gallery.

http://curefans.com/index.php/v/live/2008/northamericantour/sandiegon/?action=gallery
Very good photos, thank you!  :smth023

what kind of a zoom are you using there?
(these make all the euro 4tour pics i've uploaded look like complete shit. and i thought i had some good ones in there... oh well, not the first time i've done something utterly useless).

Quote from: Bloodflower on June 05, 2008, 00:56:00

This would be terrible! If they toured under a pseudonym, and presumably didn't make it known they were going to tour, I wouldn't know. And then I'd miss them.

and maybe i would miss them too. but you see my only point was that maybe they'd play something else than 'boys don't cry' then?

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Bloodflower

Quote from: japanesebaby on June 05, 2008, 16:00:30

and maybe i would miss them too. but you see my only point was that maybe they'd play something else than 'boys don't cry' then?

Oh yes, I see your point; but if it's a secret show that I can't make, that, presumably, tapers can't make, then really what's the point? In that sense, there might as well be no show at all, if there's a show no-one gets to....
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

japanesebaby

Quote from: Bloodflower on June 05, 2008, 16:54:26

Oh yes, I see your point; but if it's a secret show that I can't make, that, presumably, tapers can't make, then really what's the point? In that sense, there might as well be no show at all, if there's a show no-one gets to....

but the point is, it might be a good show - even if you me or no tapers were there to document it. it's not the same as no show at all - because obviously somebody would be there (it's like the old dilemma about the existence of the universe: as long as there is someone who is observing it's existence, it does make sense. and vice versa, as long as there is noone there, it's as good as nothing and could just as well never have existed. so as long there's someone who went to that secret gig, it did matter - of course, if the gig was too secret and nobody managed to figure out where and when it took place, then it wouldn't make any damn difference...)
anyway. :-P i'd still be pissed if the gig took place someplace near me and i couldn't be there (because i was too dumb to figure out the location & date etc.)
so i'm not saying i wish they did that. besides, i know they won't anyway.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: disintegration on June 05, 2008, 10:37:42
Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 04, 2008, 22:46:41
My San Diego pics are up in the gallery.

http://curefans.com/index.php/v/live/2008/northamericantour/sandiegon/?action=gallery
Very good photos, thank you!  :smth023

what kind of a zoom are you using there?
(these make all the euro 4tour pics i've uploaded look like complete shit. and i thought i had some good ones in there... oh well, not the first time i've done something utterly useless).

I'm using a Canon PowerShot A710 IS w/ 6x optical and 25x digital zoom.  It's the same camera responsible for some of the classic Paris shots  :P  Being so close at this show and a few others really helped.  That, and a steady hand due to not much alcohol consumption before the shows and having rails to lean on here and there.  I still had a difficult time taking clear shots of Simon at every single show.  Either there was a security guard right in the way or he was jumping around too rapidly.  One thing I picked up on was when to take pics during certain songs.  I had learned the lighting for most songs and would just wait for the right moment.   

japanesebaby

i see, so it's because you've been so close then (that 25x digital zoom sounds scary!).
anyway, i think i'll remove all my pics from the gallery as it's a waste of space. i was planning to clear up all my photo blog in picasa too anyway.

cure_kitty

Thanks once again for the great pictures & review Brian!  :smth023  I'm glad you had an Awesome time during your Cure run!  Thanks for sharing your ride with us, it has been a blast to read!  :-D   

I hope they do something for their 30th Anniversary.  Would be cool if it was all  b-sides & rarer stuff but then I'd even be happy with a Greatest Hits Show.  I don't get a chance to see The Cure all that often so I won't mind.  :D

mint car

this is very funny video... like Robert throw his microphone in the audience and fans singing with him :D and Robert's dance creations  :lol:

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfbSu5-7fKY
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

j

QuoteOne thing I picked up on was when to take pics during certain songs.  I had learned the lighting for most songs and would just wait for the right moment.   

I have learned the same thing.  Don't take pics when the green light is on.  Only take them when they bright white lights on the stage!

j

Quote from: mint car on June 05, 2008, 22:17:01
this is very funny video... like Robert throw his microphone in the audience and fans singing with him :D and Robert's dance creations  :lol:

http://pl.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfbSu5-7fKY

I think you can see crowbi_wan's sign in that video!

japanesebaby

huh i truly hope robert gets his feet back on the ground and his mind back where it hopefully should be. or will they start doing some group karaokes next, like U2 did on pop mart '97? :oops: