Mixed Up & Torn Down

Started by Ulrich, March 07, 2018, 16:44:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

http://craigjparker.blogspot.de/2018/03/mixed-up-torn-down-for-record-store-day.html
"Limited Edition Double LP Picture Disc set of The Cure's 1990 remix album Mixed Up. Featuring nine remixes of their hits including "Lullaby", "Close to Me", "Pictures of You", "Love Song", "Why Can't I Be You?"  Newly remastered in 2018 by Robert Smith. On vinyl for the very first time exclusively for Record Store Day 2018. Worldwide run of 7750."

"Sixteen new remixes by Robert Smith of classic Cure tracks including "Three Imaginary Boys", "Just One Kiss" and "Never Enough". On vinyl for the very first time exclusively for Record Store Day 2018. Worldwide run of 7750."

Record Store Day is April 21st, 2018, and they will be available at participating stores.

https://recordstoreday.co.uk/releases/rsd-2018/cure-the-1/

QuoteRobert Smith has remastered The Cure's remix album from 1990. Now presented for the first time as double picture disc set in a gatefold sleeve with a download voucher.

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Borl Poris

I'm looking forward to these Torn Down remixes, as I love all the songs apart from "Cut Here" I can't imagine any of them are very long as the discs contain four tracks per side.

I would be happy if they were like the single mixes of Just Like Heaven, Hot Hot Hot!!! All the Disintegration single mixes and High for example. Just simple mixes that add a bit of dimension to some of the dry album mixes.

I'm excited. I do hope we eventually get those mixes by Mogwai and Cranes. I've been waiting for those for ages. It says all remixes are by Robert himself

Ulrich

Quote from: skintwinkie on March 07, 2018, 23:33:00
I would be happy if they were like the single mixes of Just Like Heaven, Hot Hot Hot!!! All the Disintegration single mixes and High for example. Just simple mixes that add a bit of dimension to some of the dry album mixes.

Well, I've never been a fan of these "dance" remixes and most of "Mixed up" wasn't to my taste. (I did enjoy the "higher mix" of "High" though. If only more remixes were like that one.)

Seeing Robert "remastered" Mixed Up now, hopefully "Wish" will be next...

Borl Poris

No,  I didn't mean the dance mixes. I meant the single mixes that appeared on Galore

tzare

No chance to get this one in cd or digital format i guess

fmjews

In the picture disc version there will be a code to download the digital version.  I think that in june we will have a cd version to

piggymirror

Quote from: Ulrich on March 08, 2018, 13:10:12Seeing Robert "remastered" Mixed Up now, hopefully "Wish" will be next...

Seeing what Robert did to Entreat, I'm a bit frightened about Mixed Up.

Also about this Torn Down thing.

Frenzy

Quote from: piggymirror on March 09, 2018, 05:32:02
Quote from: Ulrich on March 08, 2018, 13:10:12Seeing Robert "remastered" Mixed Up now, hopefully "Wish" will be next...

Seeing what Robert did to Entreat, I'm a bit frightened about Mixed Up.

Also about this Torn Down thing.

I must admit I am quite worried as well about this.

RS is great, but I don´t think we have the same taste in mixing the songs.

Often there are too many things going on at the same time at loud volume. When he have outside help to mix the songs (like Plati) the songs are more clear any precise. I did not like the new mix on Mixed Up. When he mixed Williams drums down, he gets the same problem as Cooper on the albums, it sounds imprecise.

Also the songs on the new "Torn Down" album. I can´t connect the dots and understand why these songs are chosen. Some singles songs, some ambient and some with hard riffs. But let´s wait and see. He might have done something wonderful and created something completely new with this collection. 

Ulrich

Quote from: skintwinkie on March 08, 2018, 17:38:15
No,  I didn't mean the dance mixes. I meant the single mixes that appeared on Galore

I was aware of that (which is why I mentioned the "higher mix"), sorry if my reply lead to confusion about this. For a project like "Mixed Up & Torn Down", I myself do not expect just "single mixes", I would expect proper "re-mixes", I'm afraid...  :(

Ulrich

Btw, this has been added since I first saw the news:

QuoteAlso, as of now, 'Torn Down' looks to be getting a wide release, though probably not as a picture disc, on June 8th, 2018. This has not been officially confirmed, but Universal has a listing for it. No word on a wide release for 'Mixed Up' yet.
http://craigjparker.blogspot.de/2018/03/mixed-up-torn-down-for-record-store-day.html

Fabien G

I'm not worried about the remixes, I don't mind if they're good or bad, I like to discover the song with a cool or radical twist, it's just to have fun with the song.

I'm more afraid about his remasterisation of Mixed Up, because he simply ruined Entreat when he did it on Entreat Plus!

Ulrich

Quote from: Fabien G on March 20, 2018, 03:09:43
I'm more afraid about his remasterisation of Mixed Up

Well I probably won't buy it anyway, so I needn't worry!  :lol:

Borl Poris

Hopefully, they release one of these "Torn Down" mixes ahead of time online to promote Record Store Day and give us an idea as to what we are in for!

Ulrich

Quote from: Borl Poris on March 25, 2018, 19:06:39
Hopefully, they release one of these "Torn Down" mixes ahead of time online to promote Record Store Day

"Online" to promote a "record store" day - sounds like a contradiction to me.   :lol:

I think RSD is well established now and the idea behind it is that people do go to the record store to check these records out!