2008.05.25 George - The Gorge Amphitheatre 'The Gorge Sasquatch! Festival' (USA)

Started by dsanchez, September 13, 2007, 16:43:19

Previous topic - Next topic

music_feeds_my_soul12

Quote from: ghanisbuli on June 14, 2008, 05:39:59
I was there, front in center...

And yeah, I did have to stand there all day to keep my place.  I couldn't have done it by myself--my dad defended me and my 12 year old sister with all of his strength!

i feel bad for what our dad went through. and just for the record, they were both were to my right, so my left side was pretty much on its own. im not that easy to squish with my small yet pointy bones. they make good weapons...

ghanisbuli

Pointy little weapons.

But we saved you soooo much.  You don't even know.
I always lock the door when I creep by daylight. I can't do it at night, for I know John would suspect something at once.

ghanisbuli

I always lock the door when I creep by daylight. I can't do it at night, for I know John would suspect something at once.

largeststarintheuniverse

Should the Dandy Warhols keyboardist contribution on tambourine in Boys Don't Cry be noted as a "guest" appearance in this song?
Could the tambourine be heard?

ghanisbuli

I couldn't hear the tambourine, but I was Porled-out.

I have a video up of it!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsZpPcCRfPQ

Most of my Sasquatch clips are fairly small, but I have basically all of Lullaby, Pictures of You (my dad's camera work), and Boy's Don't Cry (my dad again).  I'll keep uploading...

BrightLight

Random: but people have said that Robert's voice kind of fell off a little in the middle of the set (which I agree with) but I was just listening to the recording of From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea (which was the song that I noticed it the most at the show) and I now actually like it with him singing it in a different key and kind of talking his way through it on the recording.  I thought it just really added to the mood of the song.  Anyways don't know if anyone really agrees, disagrees, or cares but thought I would mention that since I found it kind of interesting.   

lostflower4

Quote from: BrightLight on July 05, 2008, 08:37:15
Random: but people have said that Robert's voice kind of fell off a little in the middle of the set (which I agree with) but I was just listening to the recording of From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea (which was the song that I noticed it the most at the show) and I now actually like it with him singing it in a different key and kind of talking his way through it on the recording.  I thought it just really added to the mood of the song.  Anyways don't know if anyone really agrees, disagrees, or cares but thought I would mention that since I found it kind of interesting.   

From what I recall, his voice was pretty rough during the first part of the George show, but then it somehow got better as the night went on.

He did a lot of low voice/alternate singing at the Kansas City show (when his throat was at its very worst), and it actually sounded cool on a few songs.

No, it didn't work all the time and there were some songs where he shouldn't have even tried, but on a few occasions it created something truly different and unique. In a sense, "alternate versions" of songs that we'll probably never hear again.

crowbi_wan

Robert's voices was alright during the first part, even hitting the long "Rain" during Prayers For Rain.  That didn't happen just a few days prior in Morrison and I thought he might be on the mend.  Unfortunately not.  Soon enough he was sounding pretty rough again.  Amazing that he sounded fine the next night. 

ghanisbuli

Quote from: BrightLight on July 05, 2008, 08:37:15

I think I agree with that.  I call it the "super depressed version."  Same with Never Enough.  He sounds so sad and disappointed, and the look on his face agrees.

Oh, and I couldn't even HEAR him sing FTEOTDGS at the show.  I filmed Porl's guitar solo, then waited for the lyrics to come back... realized the solo had been over for awhile, and that Robert was indeed singing again.  Heh.