Simon Gallup no longer in The Cure? (False)

Started by dsanchez, August 14, 2021, 22:43:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on October 18, 2021, 15:29:31people don't question anything

Oh yes I do! I still question the original rumours.
Nothing has ever been confirmed by any official statement from "Cure camp", thus the only logic is: he never was out of the band (or maybe for 2 days).
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on October 18, 2021, 15:43:27
Quote from: dsanchez on October 18, 2021, 15:29:31people don't question anything
Nothing has ever been confirmed by any official statement from "Cure camp", thus the only logic is: he never was out of the band (or maybe for 2 days).

And nothing has been confirmed by thecure.com that he is still in The Cure.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on October 18, 2021, 15:43:27thus the only logic is: he never was out of the band (or maybe for 2 days).

He was out of the band, Robert convinced him otherwise, he is back now - seems the most logical explanation to me if we are going to rely on what he publishes on FB.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

SueC

Quote from: dsanchez on October 18, 2021, 15:29:31
Quote from: Matti on October 16, 2021, 06:21:28Good news everyone - seems like everything has been sorted out again.
Then Simon Gallup confirms on Facebook that he is still a The Cure member, and people don't question anything.

That is one heck of a generalisation. A number of us never bought into this shiitake in the first place because social media is not a great place to get accurate information and no formal statement was ever made by the band. Hence all the talking in the world was going to be idle speculation. Which is what I said at the time but you didn't like that either.

:P

Quote from: Matti on October 18, 2021, 15:40:28Schrödinger's bass player

:lol:  Do you know if Schrödinger's bass player has a cat?
SueC is time travelling

dsanchez

What Cure fans think on the matter:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

SueC

Quote from: dsanchez on October 18, 2021, 15:44:25
Quote from: Ulrich on October 18, 2021, 15:43:27

And nothing has been confirmed by thecure.com that he is still in The Cure.

They also haven't confirmed anyone else is in the band.  :angel
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Does the band still exist at all? Nothing's been confirmed, they have been inactive since 2019. ;)

Quote from: dsanchez on October 18, 2021, 16:02:28What Cure fans think on the matter...

Those are not enough options. "Other" needs to be specified. "He was persuaded to return"; "He changed his mind after 2 days" are just 2 options missing.

Matti

Quote from: dsanchez on October 18, 2021, 16:02:28What Cure fans* think on the matter:
* who have a Twitter account

Quote from: SueC on October 18, 2021, 15:59:47Do you know if Schrödinger's bass player has a cat?
No I don't, but according to some comments on his FB profile picture he has a dog.
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

dsanchez

Quote from: SueC on October 18, 2021, 16:05:53They also haven't confirmed anyone else is in the band.  :angel

No need to troll @SueC :)

All this was started by Simon himself and there has not been any comment of the band whatsoever on his FB posts.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MeltingMan

Quote from: Pongo on October 18, 2021, 13:41:22I can't believe you are buying this story that he is back. He called me last evening and asked how I would vote if there had been an election today. I asked if he had returned to the band. He had no idea what I was talking about. Anyway, I thanked him for everything he had done and told him that he had laid down some really fantastic bass lines over the years. He  must have been drunk or something because he said that, "yes, baselines are important in statistics", then he sort of thanked me for my responses and hung up.

Sounds believable simply because it wasn't communicated through social media. Do we have clarity at some point? It starts to get on my nerves. 😕
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on October 18, 2021, 17:35:41No need to troll

All due respect, sir, but you started that exchange about what's not confirmed on their website!

dsanchez

Quote from: Ulrich on October 18, 2021, 17:51:21
Quote from: dsanchez on October 18, 2021, 17:35:41No need to troll
All due respect, sir, but you started that exchange about what's not confirmed on their website!

Yes, nothing of what Simon has said has been confirmed by The Cure official sources. Neither his leaving, nor his re-joining. Don't think I said anything wrong by stating this.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Of course, there was nothing wrong in your sentence (but also not in Sue's reply).

Quote from: dsanchez on October 18, 2021, 17:55:04Yes, nothing of what Simon has said has been confirmed by The Cure official sources. Neither his leaving, nor his re-joining.

There's no need to confirm a re-joining, if one has never (officially) left. (There were no gigs played anyway, thus no one got to see the band together.)

dsanchez

Won't discuss this further as everyone has made their opinion already - however, we got 200 new followers on Twitter thanks to this mess caused by Simon ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on October 18, 2021, 18:08:04we got 200 new followers on Twitter

Well, I was hoping it was the start of the marketing campaign for the new album. :winking_tongue