Cure songs that you don't like

Started by Filipe, August 23, 2005, 01:02:56

Previous topic - Next topic

sickboybg

No,you don't get the point
'really like' applies to a few cure songs- the others are rated 'would die for' 'stunned by' 'obsessed' or more modest ones  :lol: 'love' 'adore' and 'really like' is for songs like IDKWGO
AND!
saying that songs like a letter to elise and a chain of flowers are to be skipped,this,my dear japanesebaby means "you either are NOT a cure fan or deserve to be killed now  "

japanesebaby

Quote from: sickboybg on October 26, 2008, 17:53:44
saying that songs like a letter to elise and a chain of flowers are to be skipped,this,my dear japanesebaby means "you either are NOT a cure fan or deserve to be killed now  "

first of all, let me say that it was not me who said that and from my part i wouldn't skip those songs.
but:
any of those persons who did say so (that those songs could be skipped) could just as well ask you "ok and who are you to decide whether i'm a real cure fan or not? why would you know any better than me??"
because my dear sickboybg, the truth is that you wouldn't. you're saying you don't care about personal opinions, but the truth is that that's what you'll have. what we'll all have. and there's no way for us to prove that this person or that person was a better or worse fan than any other. i don't say "it's not true that this person was a better fan", i say "there's no way to prove it". because there isn't. and therefore we have to take opinions, whether we care about them or not.

:D

on a more serious level, actually, i do think/agree that there are things above being "just personal opinions". some songs ARE simply good, whether or not some people didn't like them.  some songs are simply bad. so there are certainly things about which opinions are irrelevant, because there certainly is such a thing as rating songs by their sheer quality. that has nothing to do with opinions, actually. so i agree about that. the only thing is that i've come to notice that this sort of issues are unfortunately pretty hard (if not even impossible) to ever really discuss in internet boards. however right we were with our point of views and however much we tried to prove that we're not just talking about opinions but about something beyond that, even then there will  always people who will just come to you and say "but that's your opinion!".
so what i mean is that you (and me) might very well be right but we still can't win the battle.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

pyota

i can't believe some of the songs people hate on a cure fan site!

the ones i would purge: just say yes (what was he thinking?), the end of the world (i always thought it was rubbish), strange attraction, wish version of wendy time (still love the play out demo), hm ... the rest of wild mood swings maybe :)

Whiskers

1. Play For Today - I just never liked it
2. Love Song - feels out of place on Disintegration, and it's too mopey for me
3. Foxy Lady - do I need to even say anything?
4. The Snakepit - just seems like a combination of The Kiss, Torture, and If Only Tonight We Could Sleep, but without any of their greatness
5. Happy The Man - just sounds like wailing to me

sonic

1. The End of the World
2. Round&Round&Round
3. Mint Car
4. Descent
5. Let's Go To Bed

Additionally I nearly hate all remixes from mixed up and hypnagogic states ep.
They just ruin the songs. Also Young Americans is a really shitty cover version
----------My Cure Shows-------------
-Hamburg 87-Hamburg 89-Konstanz 89--
-Leipzig 90-Hamburg 92-Werchter 95--
Hamburg 96-Hildesheim 98-Hamburg 00-
--Berlin 00-Hamburg 00-Roskilde 01--
-Hamburg 02-Berlin 02-Scheessel 04--
-Berlin 05-Hamburg 08-Oberhausen 08-

tigermilk

'Screw'  :smth011

Replace it with 'The Exploding Boy'  :smth023

tigermilk

Ohh there's more....

'Never' and 'I Don't Know What's Going On'  :smth011

Replace it with 'Fake' and 'This Morning'  :smth023

Whiskers

Quote from: tigermilk on November 18, 2008, 07:32:41

People need to stop hating Screw :(

tigermilk

Quote from: Whiskers on November 19, 2008, 10:24:51
Quote from: tigermilk on November 18, 2008, 07:32:41

People need to stop hating Screw :(

It's just my opinion, whenever I listen to the album I skip over it. I just think it should have been a b-side. But it's just what I think.

fiction

New Day
Lullaby
Disintegration
+ any ten songs from 4:13 Dream
again and again and again and again and again and...

in bed amongst the stones

Pick 5 random songs from Wild Mood Swings, don't really care which ones.
Pushing her white face into the mirror...

Fabien G

Follow up to another fellow forum, what are the cure songs that you don't like?

Liza80

I've never been a fan of Lullaby. The effect of Robert whispering drives me crazy. I can't hear him! I was reading some older posts and was surprised how many Cure fans disliked Primary. It's one of my favorites.

Liza

BiscuityBoyle

Of the usually highly rated ones - Disintegration. Just not that good musically...

Fabien G

You have forgotten a big comic smiley, haven't you?!?!