2008.05.09 Fairfax - Patriot Center (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:09:39

Previous topic - Next topic

full moon

Plainsong

I'll be happy as two happy things to hear this opener next week in Chicago--I hope it stays!

kissingcrimson

'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

Plainsong

Call me an old lady but hearing that the volume is at a more reasonable level REALLY makes me happy. I'd love to be able to go sans earplugs. I remember Curiosa was one of the first rock concerts I ever saw that didn't leave me with ringing ears and it was just so much more pleasant that way. Download in comparison was a LOT louder and I had to stuff cotton in my ears--and I don't like hearing my music muffled!

jpsesq

Any word on soundcheck -- i expected a new song tonight but am surprised so far that nothing different has appeared in the fairly static set.  Don't get me wrong, I'm going tomorrow night and again at the end of tour for 2 nights in NY, and would simply love the setlist played so far, but I would have thought maybe something different, just to keep us guessing????  Based on tonights, I expect to get a Head on the Door heavy set tomorrow -- Kyoto Song, A Night Like This, or the Blood......thoughts......

Bloodflower

Quote from: jpsesq on May 10, 2008, 05:00:28
Any word on soundcheck -- i expected a new song tonight but am surprised so far that nothing different has appeared in the fairly static set.  Don't get me wrong, I'm going tomorrow night and again at the end of tour for 2 nights in NY, and would simply love the setlist played so far, but I would have thought maybe something different, just to keep us guessing????  Based on tonights, I expect to get a Head on the Door heavy set tomorrow -- Kyoto Song, A Night Like This, or the Blood......thoughts......

The Perfect Boy.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Bloodflower on May 10, 2008, 05:06:56
Quote from: jpsesq on May 10, 2008, 05:00:28

The Perfect Boy.

New and different  ;)

dsanchez

Quote from: Bloodflower on May 10, 2008, 05:06:56
The Perfect Boy.

Do you think this song has something to do with "The perfect girl" from Kiss me album? I mean, I hear Robert had written many songs in the past, and maybe he's finally releasing part of this old unreleased stuff (which would be great, indeed)...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

jpsesq

Oi I saw the Perfect Boy and fully expected a new song, but I was hoping for something different from the back catalog.  In that regard, set is same old same old.

jpsesq

see we started with the great 17 Seconds encore.....why not change it up, play 17 seconds which would fit this line up great...... :eek: give us a surprise

Bloodflower

Sarcasm, Brian?

And I'd be surprised if there's any sort of direct link between The Perfect Boy and The Perfect Girl. That would be too easy. Though I'm beginning to wonder if we should be seeing a thematic pattern for this album: Robert's lack of children.

(And I would kill for them to play Seventeen Seconds; but keep in mind this is the first show of the tour.)
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

jpsesq

you are right, this is the first show.....shoot me for high expectations from one of the two bands I define music by.....i can hope right...i mean, they have to play different stuff by NY right???

iwannashagsimon

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 09, 2008, 12:33:02
"cameras allowed" was posted on COF some time ago

I hope that rule stays for the Chicago show!

Speaking of that....I'm off to it next Saturday, anyone at tonight's gig get any merch and what were some of the prices?  I'd like to know if I have enough for some items.  Thanks! :)

dsanchez

Quote from: iwannashagsimon on May 10, 2008, 05:34:49
I'm off to it next Saturday, anyone at tonight's gig get any merch and what were some of the prices?

I was reading in COF that the prices are like in Europe: too expensive!. A shirt cost US$45 (which is like 30 euro). Too much expensive really :(
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

DJscribbles

Quote from: dsanchez
I was reading in COF that the prices are like in Europe: too expensive!. A shirt cost US$45 (which is like 30 euro). Too much expensive really :(

is that for the cheapest shirt? youre kidding me! they dont sell em for $25 anymore? i really hope they havent jacked up the price of the tour book as well..
theyve got so much crew to pay, and economy is bad enough as it is, im not surprised the prices are so expensive. and the merch design isnt the best either
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true