Your Top Movies & Recommendations

Started by dsanchez, July 11, 2007, 00:34:22

Previous topic - Next topic

bluewater

I'm not a movie freak but have a taste for stanley kubrick, dario argento and david cronenberg and mostly watch horror and scifi movies.

1) barry lyndon
2) 2001 space odyssey
3) phantom of the opera (joel schumacher)
4) kingdom of heaven (ridley scott)
5) edward scissorhands
6) the good, the bad and the ugly
7) amadeus

or a list of "bad" movies

8) texas chainsaw massacre
9) plan 9 from outer space
10) the stendhal syndrome
11) phenomena

and david cronenberg...

12) spider
13) crash
14) existenz
Life's too short to listen to lossy music

CureCrusader

In order of bestness:
  1)Little Miss Sunshine   :-D
  2)The Pink Panther  :D
  3)Lord of the Rings The Two Towers  :D
  4)Star Wars (Ep.VI)  :D
  5)The Bourne Supremacy  :D
  6)Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon  :D
  7)Monty Python and the Holy Grail  :D

My next three choices would've been:
  8)Predator  :D
  9)The 300 Spartans   :D
  10)Minority report   :D
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

Cure Freak

hard to pick just seven. well, here goes and in no particular order.
1. PI
2. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
3. Matrix
4. Psycho
5. Star Wars (the original)
6. Edward Scissorhands
7.Seven Samurai

And Steve, love the Interview With A Vampire clip.
Brad Pitt looked so sexy in that movie. And, I'm not a Brad Pitt fan.

ROGUE

The Blind Swordsman "ZATOICHI"   (Takeshi Kitano films :smth023- this one is good comedy-cute)

Love Vampyre movies, god so many but love B.Stokers   "Dracula"   ~because it has D. Galas voice in it, and romantic.

Shawshank redemption

5th Element  ~(alot of good sci fi movies aswell.)

love the original~  "Rocky Horror P.show"  always a man in make up (but w cock)   :smth045

Fight Club ~love the philosophy

Good Will Hunting                           

(So many more but i love these ones.)

And how could i forget Q.Tarrentino  (just hope spelt it right this time, off to bed- Byes4now)     

[labyrinth]

Cure

Control (saw it some hrs ago, yeah!!)
Matrix I
Matrix II
Matrix III
Wind that shakes the barley
Edward Scissorhands
Saw II
Contact
GATTACA
24h party ppl
This Is England
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

Cure Freak

Quote from: [labyrinth] on October 07, 2007, 20:24:27
Quote from: ROGUE on October 07, 2007, 18:44:35
Q.Tarrentino       

Quentin TARANTINO!

;)
Love both Kill Bill Movies.
Saw Grindhouse last month. It was good.  very rauchy.

ROGUe@ I love vampire movies also. Love Bram Stoker's Dracula. If you excluded the poor acting of Reeves and Ryder. It was a really goos movie. I especially, love the woman's dresses.

psichonaut

The Crow(part 1)
Lord of the rings
The Wall
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Trainspotting
Scarface
once upon a time in America (i don't know whether the title is right, but the translation from italian is right)
Thanks my Lord....i'm unbeliever

scatcat

Quote from: Cure on October 07, 2007, 20:39:51
Control (saw it some hrs ago, yeah!!)
Matrix I
Matrix II
Matrix III
Wind that shakes the barley
Edward Scissorhands
Saw II
Contact
GATTACA
24h party ppl
This Is England

I loved Gattica!!It would be in my top 7...hmmm..

1. Amadeus
2. Rob Roy..(My love Liam Neeson in this) :-D
3. The Last Emperor
4. Beetlejuice.. (the part where they get possessed and sing that song around table cracks me up)
5.Life is Beautiful
6. Schindler's List
7.Saving Private Ryan

:smth020
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

LuvURobert

Hmmm.  Why only the "top 7" fav's??  Does this mean of ALL TIME???  This is a tough one because there are sooooo many, good ones, eh?  Well here goes it:

1)  Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (I also like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp ~ Oops, I cheated that's two! LOL!)

2)  The Wizard of Oz ~ favorate from childhood 'till now!  Brings back such good memories!

3)  Untamed Heart ~ Christian Slater, Marisa Tomei, Rosie Perez... One of my favorite lines from a movie is in this one from Rosie Perez (with her annoying voice) "You are like wet sand in my underwear".

4) Pump Up The Volume ~ another one with Christian Slater.  I remember seeing this and thinking WOW!  What a kick-ass concept!  I immediately bought the sound track b/c it was so unbelievable.  Hate to admit ~ this is how I got into The Pixies!!

5) Good Fellas ~ Awesome gangster, maffia movie!  Some of my favorite actors are in this one: Ray Liotta, Joe Pesci, Robert DiNiro!!  (I'm part Italian on my dad's side - although you'd NEVER know by looking at me!!)  Favorite line from this movie, "Funny how? I'm a little fucked up maybe, but I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you? I make you laugh, I'm here to fuckin' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How am I funny?"  ~~  I LOVE this one!

6) The Breakfast Club ~ Classic, classic movie!!  In highschool, one of my best friends and I used to get shitfaced and sit in her family room late at night watching this movie.  We would see who could recite the most lines.  I think we both knew the whole movie by heart!

7)  True Romance ~ Another Christian Slater movie!  Just love this one - reminds me of happy times when I was in my 20's and carefree.  A friend introduced me to it and I was hooked!!  LOL ~ Love Brad Pitt's role in this one! 

OK! This is just absolutely ridiculous!  To only name 7 is IMPOSSIBLE!  There are so many other "top" movies to list... it should be "top 20 movies" or "top 7 love, horror, action, drama, etc, movie"!!  Oh well ~ I tried.

:)
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

scatcat

Quote from: LuvURobert on October 08, 2007, 06:29:13

1)  Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (I also like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory with Johnny Depp ~ Oops, I cheated that's two! LOL!)

2)  The Wizard of Oz ~ favorate from childhood 'till now!  Brings back such good memories!

6) The Breakfast Club ~ Classic, classic movie!!  In highschool, one of my best friends and I used to get shitfaced and sit in her family room late at night watching this movie.  We would see who could recite the most lines.  I think we both knew the whole movie by heart!

:)

I also Love these classics... But now I will have to change my list... there are more than 7... yeah can't it be the top 20 ??
:smth023

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

LuvURobert

I know, right?  It's impossible!! :smth014 (This is me arguing with myself about what my top 7 movies are!  LOL)  I know... I need psychiatric help!   :-D
"And I shiver and shake

scatcat

Quote from: LuvURobert on October 08, 2007, 06:57:13
I know, right?  It's impossible!! :smth014 (This is me arguing with myself about what my top 7 movies are!  LOL)  I know... I need psychiatric help!   :-D

take my word for it, psychiatrists don't help you at all.. if it was so, then I wouldn't still be seeing one after 4 years... I think THEY need help!! :smth017 :smth076

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

LuvURobert

I think you're right!  They just want to buy a new car, new house, whatever!! :smth012
"And I shiver and shake

rjl

Psychiatrists can give you drugs... it's the psychologists that are the real racketeers!

I'm only kidding, of course. I must say, however, sometimes it is nice to have someone who's paid to listen to you vent / think out loud, and be able to objectively point out fallacies in your reasoning, or subtle but destructive or counterproductive thinking.

And this is coming from someone who's scoffed at the practice for a long time, knowing a few people who went into therapy, and came out convinced that they had no problems, and that everyone else was the problem. Or who ended up on the opposite end of the spectrum and became full-time "victims" with no responsibility for their thoughts and actions.

I guess my point is that sometimes an external perspective is nice, as long as you are open to it, and use it well (take it into consideration, evaluate it, don't take it as the "word of god"). And besides, you pay them to listen to you, no matter what you say.

I have no shame in saying that I see someone every couple of weeks, and it's mainly to "think out loud" and reason some things out / get a perspective on things that I don't want to drag into time spent with my friends/girlfriend.