2008.05.19 Kansas City - Starlight Theatre (USA)

Started by dsanchez, September 13, 2007, 16:41:25

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

[j reporting live/crowbi_wan updating the setlist and notes]

Setlist:

Underneath the Stars, Pictures of You, A Night Like This, The Walk, The End Of The World, Lovesong, To Wish Impossible Things, Lullaby, Hot Hot Hot, The Only One, From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea, A Strange Day, Push, Friday I'm In Love, In Between Days, Just Like Heaven, Primary, Shake Dog Shake, Never Enough, The Perfect Boy, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Baby Rag Dog Book                     

Encore 1:
If Only Tonight We Could Sleep, The Kiss

Encore 2:
Boys Don't Cry, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Grinding Halt, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab   

Notes:

*According to COF, tonight's show will be broadcast at 23.00 (US time) with no interrumptions:
http://www.1051jackfm.com/listenlive.asp
*Another update from COF: "Just heard them talking about this and it does NOT sound like they will be airing the concert. Just a block of uninterrupted Cure songs"

6:59  65dos begins
7:35  65dos ends
8:11  Show starts
8:13  Long intro (Ocean sounds)
8:16  New song...slow and melodic
8:23  Robert's voice is weak during POY.  Maybe he's still sick?
8:26  Robert said he was told not to sing tonight.
8:29  Robert is really struggling  :(
8:31  A crew member just brought Robert some tea.
8:46  People in the front are sitting!  :?  Booooooooooo!
9:43  Robert says "This is a new one.  It won't sound like the album"
10:01 New song, heavy rock song...KAA on steroids  :rocker
10:03 End of mainset
10:14 Porl is sitting out the beginning of The Kiss...again (Like Rosemont)
10:40 Robert is doing his side to side walk
10:41 End of show
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

lostflower4

I have to say that I'm quite delighted by this. It's the closest The Cure will have ever come to where I live. :smth023

j

japanesebaby

hey shame on you jeff, always picking an bullying youngsters, despite your orations in certain other thread here :smth011

:lol:

that's good news caley  :smth023 
i wish i will be able to say the same when the european dates are published. fingers cross...
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

Watch it Marika...maybe I'll suggest to the band that the only Scandinavian show they play be in Hammerfest! :smth023

japanesebaby

Quote from: j on September 14, 2007, 11:56:13
Watch it Marika...maybe I'll suggest to the band that the only Scandinavian show they play be in Hammerfest! :smth023

:smth087

but if it has to happen... let's see:

helsinki - hammerfest: 1628 kilometers

helsinki - london: 2034 kilometers

well, it's still better than royal albert hall was...  8)

(actually, i've been to hammerfest once, many many years ago: we drove there with our little family car, all the way up north... The northernmost city in the world! or more like a village hehe :lol: but awesome scenery, fjords and the ice sea  :shock: it was in june, right before midsummer but it was still totally barren there, nothing green and growing anywhere - and the seawater was cooooollllddddd!)

shalloboi

i can't believe that they are finally playing in kansas city for the first time ever.  all through high school i never thought it would happen, and now i move away and 10 years later they finally play there.  crazy.
there were some local rumors to the effect that played either in 1986 or 1987.  the 86 rumor claimed that they played and were pelted with corn husks (???) and thus they vowed never to return.  another rumor i heard was that robert was superstitious because of kansas city's proximity to one of the seven gates of hell (which is supposedly at a burned-down church where satanic rituals used to be performed in stull, kansas).  what i believe is the truth- someone i knew met simon backstage at one of the st. louis shows and asked him why the cure had never played in kansas city and supposedly he replied 'i didn't know that such a place existed.'
sparks are falling
painting your face

japanesebaby

seven gates of hell? ok...

Quote from: shalloboi on September 27, 2007, 23:02:28
someone i knew met simon backstage at one of the st. louis shows and asked him why the cure had never played in kansas city and supposedly he replied 'i didn't know that such a place existed.'

as much as i respect and admire mr. gallup (since he's one of the coolest people on the planet!), sometimes i do get a feeling he's not quite that bright:

Robert:"... I've got an older brother and sister and Margaret used to paint our tortoise with nail varnish so it was psychedelic. I thought that's how they were for a few years"
"If you take their shells off do they die?" ponders Simon Gallup.
What? Of shock?
"No", points out Robert, "They're sort of attached to it".

(NME interview, 12 June 1993)

:?  :lol:

Soxguy

me and my friends are going to the Chicago show and after seeing that KC was added, we were like WTF?!.  4 hours closer.  THEN, we saw that it was on a MONDAY.  we just can't have that..haha  don't get me wrong, we'd see them any day of the week but our Chicago tix are for a saturday and that has all kinds of possibilities..hehehe

"...Ambition in the back of a black Car"

rDaut

This show is finally up on ticketmaster! now it's just waiting time untill they actually go onsale!

sullen

crowbi_wan

Hadn't heard anything about tickets going on sale today.  The venue's page still says TBA.

http://www.kcstarlight.com/concert.aspx?pgID=1161

rDaut

i called starlight, and the guy said he didn't know that that i should just keep checking.  :smth011 

lostflower4

Tickets go on sale March 10 at 10 a.m.

I know people go on about how Red Rocks is the best venue of the tour, but I doubt this is far behind:

crowbi_wan

Quote from: lostflower4 on February 26, 2008, 21:05:37
Tickets go on sale March 10 at 10 a.m.

I know people go on about how Red Rocks is the best venue of the tour, but I doubt this is far behind

Yeah, it looks like a pretty cool venue.  imo, when the sun is setting at the Gorge in George, well...that can't be beat.  Michael Stipe said it best as he turned around on stage at the Gorge in '95, "I feel like I'm standing on the world's biggest postcard".