2008.02.25 München - Olympiahalle (Germany)

Started by dsanchez, September 27, 2007, 19:47:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

vnvrum

hi,

there is not much more to add to lacrima mosa post...

My experience. I was standing during the show in front of porl. What a "funny" man. Wearing "his clothes" (corsage, gothic kilt) and of his age, he looks wired.

it all started with plainsong, for short I missed the live keyboard, but because of porls guitar it feels strong and powerful.

next to mention is a strange day, i never heard this that brilliant.
the blood, not my favourite that day, as I had in mind of how clear roberts voice was on other songs that day.... argh

lovesong -> i was starting to recognize the videos at the back. nice glitter, glitter

poy, the crowd first startet to shake and get into action.

lullay. nothing to mention here, roberts normal hand games....

the walk, beside strange and play for today the best songs of the concert. It was more melodic, not as harsh as on the album, much more on the 7", it remains me back to 95 festival tour... AND ROBERT walking the stage.

push, great intro as always. I m waiting for GOGOGO

shake dog shake, i have to took a video. GREAT, but not my favourite. Porl plays guitar that impressive. COOL.

and than the encores were waiting. The audience get more into "DANCING", but for me TOO LESS...
Best Song was play for today. Just back in the old times....

worst song that evening. Lets go to bed. What was that??????? You want to kill me?

yours
vnvrum

budvarka

we saw on the live webcame the venue not being full, actually half full, is that true?
Prague - 3.8. 1990
Brno - 23.8. 1998
Prague - 12.4. 2000
Prague - 21.2. 2008

lacrima mosa

Quote from: budvarka on February 26, 2008, 15:24:00
we saw on the live webcame the venue not being full, actually half full, is that true?

the venue was sold out as for the standing tickets, but it wasnt fullfull... it was crowdy amd after 5-10 minutes into the show, a lot of people moved (passed me) to front rows... so...
08.10.2022 Helsinki
10.10.2022 Stockholm
12.10.2022 Oslo
13.10.2022 Göteborg
14.10.2022 Kopenhagen
16.10.2022 Hamburg
17.10.2022 Leipzig
18.10.2022 Berlin
18.11.2022 Strassburg
19.11.2022 Basel

vnvrum

As I had to mention: Thanks lacrima mosa for lifting me up.  :smth023
I think, this is what FANS should do to each other...
:smth023

next time round and round and round...

cu vnvrum

See u tomorrow in zurich

erpomata

hey lacrima
we are expecting something new and special for italy! a faith encore maybe...

see you in milano  :smth023
fortunato il popolo che non ha bisogno di eroi

silversand

Thanks for the link Paul. I've read the review  already on Monday night. That was fast in my opinion. But what is wrong, that The Cure didn't play 3 1/2 hours.
And it is full of clichés.

That attracted my attention too lacrima mosa that people moved. One person were standing like a statue, but started dancing when the band played the pop songs and the encores. And on the seats most people where sitting like they were in the let me say theatre and not at a Rock Concert.
That is what i see most of the time. Maybe the people are shy  :)
I have no idea.

bluewater

Quote from: japanesebaby on October 04, 2007, 20:57:14
http://www.kartenhaus.de/hilfe/

they were recently under attack and lots of credit card info was stolen/got compromised. :!:  :evil:
i just had to cancel my card completely because of this - luckily nothing bad had happened!

I'd also like to see this text translated.
I sometimes don't understand how unauthorized access to the card is possible. After all, the security of the store's own safe where they keep the money is their responsibility and not the card users responsibility.
Someone can steal the money this way but it means that they have to break into the store and steal it from their safe.
I'm not saying it's impossible but that
storing the information that _links you_ to your credit card number by a database not only is bad practise
but sounds illegal to me... they have to be connected to the mafia if they do that.

But to ask your signature everytime your card is used is possible on the internet by
a digital signature just in case the card gets stolen somehow on the internet - and this system also makes sure your card information
cannot be stolen from or by the store you purchase from.
this is called "verified by Visa" or "mastercard secure code". It's good practise to use
it for payments by the store and is as bulletproof as it gets. Hopefully more stores will start supporting it. Looks like it
will become more common.

Btw. Sorry for the bit off-topic..
Life's too short to listen to lossy music

Tof

Tof

gioez

Thank you Lacrima, for your special review!  :smth023

You have transmitted to the reader the emotions of this show...
[move][b][glow=red,6,28]100 Years[/glow][/b][/move]

CureCrusader

Quote from: CureCrusader on February 25, 2008, 14:52:37
Is this the only concert in Germany?  :shock:

I have been away for awile.. so I;ll blame it on my Geography teacher  :roll:
Just forget i never posted this.  :oops:
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

silversand

Quote from: CureCrusader on February 27, 2008, 13:26:16
Quote from: CureCrusader on February 25, 2008, 14:52:37
Is this the only concert in Germany?  :shock:

I have been away for awile.. so I;ll blame it on my Geography teacher  :roll:
Just forget i never posted this.  :oops:

You don't have to be ashamed of it CureCrusader :). This could've happen everyone.

cheers silversand

mint car

[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

silversand

Here is another review of the concert. It's from the music magazine called "Musikexpress" (I'm sorry, it's in German, but it's a good review)

http://www.musikexpress.de/The_Cure_live_in_der_Münchner_Olympiahalle.html

Thanks for the link mint car  :)

Ulrich

Quote from: silversand on February 26, 2008, 02:59:42Robert did say something in German, how cute  :)

Yes, if I got him right he said "Bitte nicht stoeren" (meaning "Do not disturb")!
I was at this gig and it was my first in more than 5 years (the last one being Hyde Park 2002), it was about time I know... :oops:

It really reminded me how much (and why) I still like the Cure!
Good setlist (great mix of "darker" stuff and pop songs, oldies and new ones) and they obviously enjoyed themselves!  :D
The holy city breathed like a dying man...