The Cure Fans over 30

Started by anja, May 17, 2008, 10:31:05

Previous topic - Next topic

othervoices

I'm 37, followed since 1986, after being given a various tape compiled by a mate that had a strange day and push on it (along with a whole host of other great artists - stiff little fingers, the primatives, bauhaus, etc etc!!)

Kiss me shows were too far a way for me to travel, it was Birmingham 1989 for my first show... and what a show  :smth023

PerfectBlueSkyDolls

Yes, I am 31 & will be a The Cure fan forevAH!  :-D

Cloudberry

Hmmm... am I really the oldest here? Well, not as old as Robert or Porl, anyway!  :-D  I'm now 49; will be 50 later this year. My first show was in 1992, and I've seen 'em every tour since, though only once each time, unfortunately.

shel1971

I am 39 TODAY!!! YEPEE!!! LOL! The last year to say I am in my 30s :)) Being an army brat, music was always a huge part of my life. I actually did not get to see The Cure live until later in life, but love that I seen them 3 times live in 3 different size venues from small to crazy large. My favorite being The Bronco Bowl in Dallas, Texas.

Ulrich

I'm 41 now and have been listening to The Cure since 1985. It took me a while to get to any gigs, but when I finally did in 1992 it was GREAT and I went to many more since then (about 10), last one till now was in Munich 2008.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Barbara Primus

Hi, I´m Barbara, called Barb, from Frankonia / Germany.
I´m 32 and I love "The Cure" since I´ve discovered my Dad´s old records.
There are so much emotions for me, when I listen to Rob´s lyrics.
I´m painting pictures and I take fotos, too, always very melancholic, and The Cure´s Music is helping me. I´m a very melancholic and shy woman.......
The Cure is very important for me, this music is dark and heavy, like my personality is.......
And please excuse, my English isn´t perfect, but I want it to become perfect!
Me amo la melancholia.......

billee

Hello Barbara and welcome to Curefans  :D
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

dsanchez

Hello Barbara! and welcome to curefans.com!

I was as 28 when this forum was created... I'll be 36 in August :? . Still a curefan :)

Take cure :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

kenstee

So...you people think you're old or oldest? You're not even contenders while I'm here.....I'm......61!

Oddly enough, I'm closer in age to the band members than most of you. Last Cure concert was Reflections in NYC. You're never too old....Rock on!

billee

:smth023
I agree kenstee,  never too old. Although at 51 I am getting a little slower................but ssshhhhhh don't tell anyone
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

scatcat

Quote from: kenstee on May 11, 2013, 00:25:49
So...you people think you're old or oldest? You're not even contenders while I'm here.....I'm......61!

Oddly enough, I'm closer in age to the band members than most of you. Last Cure concert was Reflections in NYC. You're never too old....Rock on!

hmm.. ladies do not reveal their ages.. but .. yes.. you might be a little older ;).. welcome.. Kenstee, BarbaraPrimus, Shel1971, Ulrich, Cloudberry, PerfectBlueSkyDolls and OtherVoices.. .. happy Curing !! :)
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Barbara Primus

Thank you to all, I´m very glad to see, I´m not alone as a cure fan. :smth020
Me amo la melancholia.......

seaside

Hey I'm 40 and still listening to the cure before sleeping and daytime . It will never change I think. The Cure is the only band who plays music .

dsanchez

Quote from: seaside on August 07, 2013, 09:09:54
Hey I'm 40 and still listening to the cure before sleeping and daytime . It will never change I think. The Cure is the only band who plays music .

welcome to curefans.com! I am 36 in a few days, being a fan since two decades. They're the best!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

isbel

Bonjour à tous les fans de the cure!
J'ai découvert le groupe en 1986 ou 87, j'avais 14 ans et j'ai été immédiatement fascinée par ce groupe, sa musique et par Robert.J'ai appris vraiment l'anglais en traduisant tous les textes de ses chansons pour essayer de comprendre et de rentrer dans son univers si mystérieux.Et puis mon premier concert en 1988 à Paris "kiss me kiss me kiss me", puis 2 concerts en 1989, 1 en 1992 et ce fameux concert sur la place de la république à Paris un 21 juin 199? absolument génial!! The cure est toujours présent dans ma vie, j'ai 40 ans, et sa musique est vraiment unique.Certaines chansons comme "trust" vous apportent une émotion si unique que seuls des chef-d'oeuvre sont capable de transmettre.Mais seuls les êtres ayant un côté sombre et mélancolique sont capables de ressentir ça. Dans mon entourage, aujourd'hui, je suis seule à apprécier the cure.Et je lance un appel aux fans de mon coin, la Seine et Marne, pour échanger des avis sur le groupe, partager des commentaires etc...