Australian Fans - Cure Night

Started by ~*CherryRed*~, September 11, 2008, 04:40:26

Previous topic - Next topic

~*CherryRed*~

Australian Cure Fans...

I have an idea to hold a Cure Night (that's what I'm calling it until someone else comes up with a better title!). I would love to see this become an annual event as the Band seems to visit our shores once in a blue moon - and I for one have a 'need' to hear the Cure (loud) in a evening out, and with other like minded people! Imagine it, a night out on the town with only The Cure to listen, dance and sing too - EXCELLENT! (as Mr Burns would say!) I have been to other (annual to I might add!) events that are smiliar in nature for other genres, and I can see no reason why there can't be a Cure one.

I want to see what interest there is out there for this to happen. So if you think you might like to share an evening with other Cure-ies like myself, please get in touch. I plan to make up a mailing list for this. So if you want in, please PM me, and I'll add you to the list. I should warn you however, that the last time I organised something I emailed everyone on the list regularily, that way everyone was informed, and ideas were shared... so I have warned you!

I should also make this clear, I'm not a pro party planner or anything close to that... I'm a complete amateur. ANY help any of you out there can offer would be fantastic and really really appreciated.

I had the idea to hold the 'inaugural' Cure Night in Melbourne. Purely as I live in Tassie, and that is the closest main centre to me. Someone has already murmured a venue that could be good for it in Melbourne. Costs ect.. are no way near worked out, as this is a newly hatched idea!

I'm not sure how everyone feels about karaoke, and having party games like Cure lookalikes or maybe a trivia type thing (lol - here is were my odd sense of humour comes in... AIR GUITAR COMPETETION! lol!!) etc... So any thoughts on including those kinda things would be appreciated! Also do we bother with food, or make it a drinking thing only? You know, party related questions! Also DJing... I would gladly put my hand up to do it, but apparently the venue in Melbourne already murmured about has their own, so naturally costs come with that. I'd love to have videos played as well as vinyl/CD... but is that to costly?

I would love to see this Cure Night become an annual event as I mentioned before, with a view to it being held in other capitals, share it around... Let's face it, some or most of us will have to travel and spend a pretty penny or three to join in. If we made it an annual event, then people can save and plan ahead! Also having it held around the country, gives me (and you out there!) an excellent excuse to travel, I've never been to Perth or Adelaide!

So there it is, an idea to share -in person- my love of The Cure with others in Australia. Let me know your thoughts, and;

"it was the hope of all we might 'achieve'
that fills me with the hope to wish
impossible things"

p.s. I didn't post this in my usual red, as I know some of you out there have trouble reading my 'red' posts  :smth023
"prone to flights of whimsy"

~*CherryRed*~

Just a little note - I have posted the above, or close enough to it, in CureConnections. Thats another forum I have only recently become aware of... I see no reason why this should be the sole property of curefans.com or me for that matter! This is all about The Cure and sharing my interest with other like minded people.

nausearockpig

Quote from: ~*CherryRed*~ on September 11, 2008, 04:54:34
Just a little note - I have posted the above, or close enough to it, in CureConnections. Thats another forum I have only recently become aware of... I see no reason why this should be the sole property of curefans.com or me for that matter! This is all about The Cure and sharing my interest with other like minded people.

Beat me to it!

kissingcrimson

I just recieved a bulletin on myspace about an 'Offical Cure 4:13 dream Album release' party to be held in Sydney in 2 weeks. I'll try attach the flyer here with the exact details.
It will be at a place called the Grosenvor? Hotel, entry is $8, they will be playing a lot of cure on the night...and more siouxsie & the banshees..smiths..etc etc

and also a few giveaways of the new Album.

i decided to post about it in this thread, cause it seems it could be a great Cure night
if there enough curefans in the room it should be fun.
I'm not sure if i'll make it to Sydney for that weekend, but I'll give it a try
some company would be nice :)

we'll see
anyway, I'll try get that info asap
:)
xx M
'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

~*CherryRed*~

Ah Bugger,  :roll: Sydney hey? Ah well.....

tigermilk

Sydney hey,  :cry:

i wish i could get there.

kissingcrimson

'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

~*CherryRed*~

Aw, I think I would really enjoy that night! Cheers loads kissing for letting us know about it! I have given up on doing a Cure Night... So this topic is now done for me.