Author Topic: Have you had dreams about The Cure?  (Read 9551 times)

Offline PearlThompsonsBloodflowers

• P E A R L T H O M P S O N
  • Curefan
Re: Have you had dreams about The Cure?
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2018, 20:08:35 »
Yes I have, a very sad Cure dream. I somehow snuck into Robert's house while he was throwing a party, he had a pool and everything. The sitting area was set up like a college and all his friends and Mary (his wife) were there. After a while he started to go crazy and thought Simon was a chicken so he chased Simon into the pool before trying to eat him and many people had to stop him, and eventually he ended up in the hospital. Many people trudged up a long and steep path to go visit him in his room. As I walked by I could see them, many people, 100's or 1,000's walking just to get a last goodbye in to him. When it was my turn I went in and he asked me to sing some Cure songs with him, so we chatted a bit and then we did sing for a while. I left and then the next day I came back to see Robert escaping from his room, very week and frail walking down the path clutching onto his heart, before passing out, idek what happened after that because I woke up, but I woke up in tears after that dream.
Let's play Twister, let's play Risk (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
See you heaven if you make the list (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)

Offline tanyasmith

• Beginner
  • You flicker and you're beautiful
    • The Cure My Heart
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2018, 01:28:44 »
Awwww...Very sad indeed. I wonder if your dream is about something that could have happened in the past? I don't think we need to worry about Robert's sanity now. I actually think he's very sane after seeing him on tour in 2016. I just hope he gets into shape! Won't it be amazing to see Robert looking like he did in his prime? His skin looks great and if he just lost weight he'd be so healthy.

I dream about Robert somewhat often, but nothing unusual to share lately.

Here's a video I made in honor of his birthday:

Offline Ulrich

• Staff Member
  • Curefan Master
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2018, 10:18:58 »
... After a while he started to go crazy and thought Simon was a chicken so he chased Simon into the pool before trying to eat him

Maybe it was a similar dream that inspired Robert to write the lyrics to "A man inside my mouth"?  :o
but memory's not life... and it's not love.

Offline dsanchez

• Administrator
  • Curefan Master
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2018, 09:54:29 »
Here's a video I made in honor of his birthday:

Nice video and I can feel how much you love The Cure! :)
Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see is me...

Offline tanyasmith

• Beginner
  • You flicker and you're beautiful
    • The Cure My Heart
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2018, 19:28:01 »
Thank you!!! The Cure and the ocean are inseparable.

Offline PearlThompsonsBloodflowers

• P E A R L T H O M P S O N
  • Curefan
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2018, 05:32:27 »
... After a while he started to go crazy and thought Simon was a chicken so he chased Simon into the pool before trying to eat him

Maybe it was a similar dream that inspired Robert to write the lyrics to "A man inside my mouth"?  :o

LMAO  :rofl :rofl
Let's play Twister, let's play Risk (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
See you heaven if you make the list (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)

Offline Ulrich

• Staff Member
  • Curefan Master
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2018, 12:06:49 »

LMAO  :rofl :rofl

No joke, in the book "10 imaginary years" Robert mentioned "Kyoto Song" was about a dream Mary had of "death in a pool" and another he had about "eating someone"!  :1f632:
but memory's not life... and it's not love.