The Cure to play Europe in 2016?

Started by dsanchez, October 20, 2015, 07:35:35

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

If you understand french check this out:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1070258276318715&id=111503685527517

Probably autumn or end of 2016. And of course if they play France they will likely play elsewhere in Europe.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

A curefans.com member who prefer to remain anonymous:

"They are gonna tour Europe. Two different Cure Members said this to two different people (not  me) one in London + one in Tunbridge Wells (during Reeves' shows) but no details were divulged"
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on October 20, 2015, 08:28:43
"They are gonna tour Europe. Two different Cure Members said this to two different people (not  me) one in London + one in Tunbridge Wells (during Reeves' shows) but no details were divulged"

Of course they'd be crazy to give details (that's for the official statement later...)! But it makes us (me) hopeful that they'll not just tour the USA, but Europe too (possibly later in the year).  :)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

dsanchez

From another curefans.com member who prefers anonymity ;)

"there will be about 4 or 5 shows in Germany beginning of November (2016?). The whole European Tour will be announced next month with ticket sales starting right after the dates have been announced"
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Not sure however if this person meant that The Cure would play Germany THIS November (that would be too soon?!) or November 2016...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on October 25, 2015, 23:22:42
Not sure however if this person meant that The Cure would play Germany THIS November ...

Of course not. The venues would have to be booked, the dates would be known by early October (they would need to advertise them in time...)!
But, November 2016 does sound realistic. A little "break" after the summer tour of USA, then Europe in Oct-Nov., it would make sense.

Lady

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Tivoli-Bratwurst

Hi to everbody, I´m Stefan and this is my thirst post. 29 year old Cure-Freak from Germany. All said. ;-)

The question for me is:

Why would they announce a Euro Okt/Nov 2016 tour next month, when the rest of the US still have to wait until Jan 2016? Doesn´t make any scense, hm?  ;)

Ulrich

Quote from: Tivoli-Bratwurst on October 26, 2015, 18:34:53
I´m Stefan and this is my thirst post. 29 year old Cure-Freak from Germany. All said. ;-)

I understand, you're very thirsty. Too much bratwurst maybe?  :-D
Welcome!

Quote from: Tivoli-Bratwurst on October 26, 2015, 18:34:53Why would they announce a Euro Okt/Nov 2016 tour next month, when the rest of the US still have to wait until Jan 2016?

Nobody said there will be an announcement next month!
Our dear Admin dsanchez just wasn't quite sure if his source was talking about gigs in Nov. 2015, but that would be too short notice. My guess is that an announcement for gigs in Nov. 2016 will come later (after the January details for US tour)!

(Of course, in theory, if all contracts were inked and all details clear, they could announce such a tour a year before, but I think it won't happen.)

u-a-b-f

Quote from: Tivoli-Bratwurst on October 26, 2015, 18:34:53
Why would they announce a Euro Okt/Nov 2016 tour next month, when the rest of the US still have to wait until Jan 2016? Doesn´t make any scense, hm?  ;)
Because they want to start selling the tickets just in time for the Christmas sales period. So people buy the tickets as christmas presents for their beloved.
And i'm very sure this person mean't October/November 2016 for the Europe Leg of the Tour.

Ulrich

Quote from: u-a-b-f on October 27, 2015, 08:18:38
Because they want to start selling the tickets just in time for the Christmas sales period.

Ok, but why wait until January with the rest of the US dates?  ;)

Quote from: u-a-b-f on October 27, 2015, 08:18:38
And i'm very sure this person mean't October/November 2016 for the Europe Leg of the Tour.

Yes. The whole thing was a misunderstanding anyway. No one here claimed that an "announcement" for this might be coming next month.

Tivoli-Bratwurst

Don´t want to blame the Admi, Ulrich but:

"there will be about 4 or 5 shows in Germany beginning of November (2016?). The whole European Tour will be announced next month with ticket sales starting right after the dates have been announced"

So who´s this anonymos?

Best idea is to contact the long time concert director Jahnke at www.karsten-jahnke.de - tried to ask about them in the Guestbook (at the Main -> Service -> Gästebuch) but can´t tell you why you don´t see my post but just the name of the topic.... :? Or is it just me?

They always answer right back. If there´s something in the pipeline, they would give a hint.

dsanchez

Hi, indeed my source informed me that the European tour (or German part of it?!) will be announced next month. We will see!

p.s. still hoping they will read my Twitter request for a The Cure in Orange 2016!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

@Tivoli-Bratwurst: Alright, I must have misread that.

Obviously a person who wants to remain "anonymous" (e.g. when giving "insider info" to the Admin) will remain anonymous as long as he/she wants to!

Quote from: dsanchez on October 27, 2015, 21:58:45
Hi, indeed my source informed me that the European tour (or German part of it?!) will be announced next month.

Well, just like with the USA tour, there could be a "first announcement", then more details next year! I doubt very much that the whole tour will already be announced incl. ticket sales. That would be a whole year ahead, something The Cure haven't done ever (as far as I can remember...)!

cheyler

This kind of a tour, what's shaping up to be fairly extensive and, we hope, comprehensive, does not seem to me to be the kind of tour that a band (in their right mind) would self-finance.  Especially with no new music.  Everything indicates to me that either the band have a new deal with someone or possibly a one-album extension with their last label.  Third and final (im-)possibility, re-signed with Parry and everything is sunshine and roses again!  Heh heh heh.  This is really bizarre, Black Sabbath has announced they are going to embark on their final tour ever ('THE END' as they call it) and some of the various parts of their tour are aligning themselves with various parts of the upcoming Cure tour.  And really, isn't Black Sabbath the ORIGINAL Gothic Rock Band????