Music that is played before concerts

Started by theStarveling, November 11, 2016, 19:48:04

Previous topic - Next topic

theStarveling

I realise it may seem strange but I can't resist asking whether there's a list of songs that were played before the shows? I haven't found it mentioned anywhere... Recently, they've played some Cocteau Twins songs but I have no idea if the band picked the tracks themselves or somebody else had done it for them.

dsanchez

Well, Robert is very likely the person who choose what to play before AND during the concert :) and he said that Cocteau Twins is the "most romantic music ever" so I was not surprised at all about this choice.

http://curefans.com/curenews/robert-smith-on-cocteau-twins/msg758166/#msg758166

They played "Sugar Hiccup" and "Garlands" by the Cocteau Twins and I can't remember the others at the moment. Maybe someone else can help to my bad memory!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

Quote from: dsanchez on November 15, 2016, 22:58:38
Well, Robert is very likely the person who choose what to play before AND during the concert

Yep, I agree. I do remember from the "Dream Tour 2000", when I found out that the intro music before the band went on stage was "Adagio for Strings", I went out and got this on cd.  :smth020

Also, first time I saw them, the mix of songs played between support band & Cure seemed to be chosen by Robert/the band, as it was e.g. Siouxsie & the Banshees, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors ("Hello I Love You", which they'd covered).
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

word_on_a_wing

I recall that during 2016 (Australian tour) there was some music by Billie Holiday before the concert, but cannot recall exactly what song.  I have a feeling it may have been Miss Brown To You ...does anyone recall?
...Seems like a long-shot, but thought I'd ask in case anyone should know, thanks 🙂

"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

BiscuityBoyle

Of the playlist they put before the 2016 Montreal show, I remember Postmodern Sleaze by The Sneaker Pimps, which is an excellent song. 

A friend who saw them in the mid 1990s recalls there was some Schubert and Schumann included in the pre-show set!