Author Topic: Songs that marked your life  (Read 297 times)

Offline dsanchez

• Administrator
  • Curefan Master
Songs that marked your life
« on: February 05, 2018, 18:24:03 »
Which are the songs that bring you the greatest memories? Which songs would you couldn't life without?

Slowdive - When The Sun Hits
David Bowie -  I Can't Give Everything Away
David Bowie -  Sound & Vision
65DOS - Prisms
Cocteau Twins - Fifty-Fifty Clown
The Church - Hotel Womb
The Cure - The Big Hand
The Cure - Plainsong
Strangers passing in the street, by chance two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see is me...

Offline PearlThompsonsBloodflowers

• P E A R L T H O M P S O N
  • Curefan
Re: Songs that marked your life
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 20:51:45 »
Any songs from any of my fav bands tbh mate
Let's play Twister, let's play Risk (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
See you heaven if you make the list (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)

Offline Ulrich

• Staff Member
  • Curefan Master
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 12:02:44 »
Hm, I tend to agree with above comment (so you could just look at the list of fave bands I posted recently), but I will try and list a few special ones together with the memory:

Slowdive - Spanish Air (is a song which reminds me of being in the car of a friend, who sometimes took me along to the 'indie/dark wave' etc. disco at the "Cat Café" or to a concert - he played the song on his car stereo and I liked it so much, that I often asked him to put it on again when I got into his car... this must've been around 1994-'96)

The Cure - Untitled (the whole album often reminds me of the summer of '89, but this song in particular; I was hanging about with not much to do and rather melancholy at the time - school was over, love lost, what comes next?)

The Cure - Snakepit ("Well I'm out in a car and it's just full of stupid girls" is part of the lyrics - and this is exactly what it reminds me of!! :-D)

The Sound - Sense of purpose (will always remind me of the times around 1987, when I listened to this and lots of other new wave/(post-)punk/gothic music with some friends, while we were driving to or trying to find places where this kind of music was played... yeah we had some long journeys...)

TV Smith - Backstage Bob (this song is a "tribute" to a mate who sadly passed away in 2007, so will always remind me of him)

Cranes - Beautiful friend (reminds me of a special person - she was a close friend around 1995)

Calexico - Feast of Wire (this album awakens memories of the hot summer back in 2003)

David Gilmour - Faces Of Stone (again makes me think of a special person...)

As you can imagine, this list could go on and on (and on)! But I'll leave it with these for the moment.
(For the "songs I couldn't live without": don't get me started, could be another endless list!!)
but memory's not life... and it's not love.

Online MeltingMan

• Coolfan
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 14:36:27 »
A selection:

Killing Joke - Love Like Blood
Depeche Mode - Policy of Truth
Kim Wilde - Never Trust a Stranger
The Cure - The Caterpillar
Yes - America
Billy Joel - My Life
Prince - Sign O' the Times
Justin Timberlake - Cry Me a River
Robin Beck - First Time
Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
Janet Jackson - Got 'Til It's Gone
a-ha - Train of Thought
The Police - Bring On the Night
The Soundcarriers - Last Broadcast
Missy Elliott & Da Brat - Sock It 2 Me
In der Erinnerung leben ist das vollkommenste Leben,
das sich denken läßt,...
(Sören Kierkegaard)

Offline PearlThompsonsBloodflowers

• P E A R L T H O M P S O N
  • Curefan
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 20:23:42 »

Eres-Cafe Tacuba (Some Spanish song my girl dedicated to me, but I can't listen to it  :oops: :oops: ).

Just Like Heaven-The Cure (Song that got me into The Cure  :oops: :oops: )

Surrender-Cheap Trick (Started my love of Rock music actually n was my first favorite song)

Man On The Moon-R.E.M. (Makes me feel happy for some reason n it's my favorite song atm  :oops: :oops: )

Rio-Duran Duran (Started my whole love of 80's music, n DD were the first true 80's band I fell in love with)
Let's play Twister, let's play Risk (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
See you heaven if you make the list (yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)