June 19, 2019, 05:00:16

News:

Please consider making a donation to help to sustain curefans. Learn more.

What random act of kindness did you do today?

Started by dsanchez, April 22, 2018, 14:05:34

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O9DGE4LoX4

"A random act of kindness is a nonpremeditated, inconsistent action designed to offer kindness towards the outside world"

In the train station where I live there are no elevators (!) and this old lady had to carry a big suitcase through the stairs, so I helped her and told her I will take her suitcase to the next floor :)

So what random act of kindness did you do do today?
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

MeltingMan

Well, the Advent is about to begin and I thought it's time for a donation.
I spent 100 EUR for the so-called "paradise organ". It's located in the Magdeburg
cathedral, the oldest one in German territory. That instrument was built and inaugurated
during the late Sixties and is now decomposing slowly. The cathedral has a new main organ
since 2008, so the public focus has shifted to the "problematic" organ. Case and pipes must be replaced,
because they used a wood preserver which is now forbidden, and the alloy for the pipes is of lower
quality. That organ was indeed no more than a temporary solution for many decades. The original
main organ was destroyed during WWII and political, financial and preservation aspects have delayed
the whole project. If you wish to receive further information, please contact me via PM.
Notre esprit ne supporte pas un degré trop
élevé de précision, et nous avons plus de joie
dans l'indéfini: de là, la puissance de l'amour et
de musique; de là, les mystagogies hallucinantes.

Comment on devient artiste, esthétique. p. 185

Ulrich

This morning I was outside shovelling snow (groan), one neighbour, an old lady, said hello from her garage.
Later today, I was out again trying to get rid of some slush in my driveway and on the pavement; a car passed by and stopped a bit down the road, a lady got out and then I realised she was trying to help that old lady (I'd met in the morning) back on her feet, as obviously she'd taken a fall on the pavement. I quickly ran down to help her, we got the old lady back on her feet. The younger woman went back to her car, we said "thank you" and then I helped the old lady through the snow to her door. (She won't ever go out again with this kind of weather, I hope! In the morning she'd gone to town to do some errands, somehow she managed to almost get back home, but here she fell...)

You spend years building up a reputation as a tough punkrocker and then you help an old lady and it's ruined within a day!  :winking_tongue
Can't you see I try? Swimming the same deep water as you is hard...

chemicaloverload

Haha there will be a chap on your door, asking for your membership back
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

Ulrich

Can't you see I try? Swimming the same deep water as you is hard...

dsanchez

Was drinking wine with a friend and there was a nice couple in a table next to us. They were having two drinks. I asked the waitress what's their bill and I payed it. Don't ask me why, just did it. They were puzzled and happy about the gesture.
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens