The Cure nominated to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

Started by dsanchez, October 13, 2018, 23:58:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on November 18, 2018, 17:47:46
What is wrong? I don't get it.  :?

Nothing. Everything is all right. The band never asked their fans to vote. I have no idea if RS would even say "yes" to coming to a ceremony (especially as with many older bands, the HoF "only" invites the older members who were in the band "back in the day", i.e. he could not go there with the current line-up - as you remember he even did the Meltdown thing with them, although he was not supposed to do a "Cure" show...)!
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

chemicaloverload

Quote from: Ulrich on November 18, 2018, 17:57:58
Quote from: MeltingMan on November 18, 2018, 17:47:46
What is wrong? I don't get it.  :?

Nothing. Everything is all right. The band never asked their fans to vote. I have no idea if RS would even say "yes" to coming to a ceremony (especially as with many older bands, the HoF "only" invites the older members who were in the band "back in the day", i.e. he could not go there with the current line-up - as you remember he even did the Meltdown thing with them, although he was not supposed to do a "Cure" show...)!

bingo
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

tanyasmith

Thanks for the reminder to vote today! I've been keeping up, too. I guess not enough Cure fans know they can vote everyday. Oh well...They're number one in our hearts. And luckily this Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is not a true measure of talent or artistry. Case in point: Def Leppard at #1? Ha ha.  :D :D :D

chemicaloverload

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

tanyasmith

Actually, The Cure did put up a request to have fans vote on their Twitter page, which I questioned because Bob has publicly expressed dissent and dislike of things of such, most notably when he said that he'd turn down being knighted by the Monarchy; however, the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is not just a status thing, but a democratic process by the people, so I wouldn't think he'd be opposed to winning something like that. And he has gone to accept awards before related to music. Anyway, 5th place is a decent place to be and I'll keep voting until the end.

tanyasmith

Ulrich

Quote from: tanyasmith on November 18, 2018, 22:16:28
Actually, The Cure did put up a request to have fans vote on their Twitter page

Whoah, I didn't know. I'm not on twitter so I'm relying on other Cure fans sharing such things!

You hit the right comment with the Def Leppard thing, btw. That's not the "rock'n'roll" I like to listen to.

MeltingMan

Quote from: tanyasmith on November 18, 2018, 22:16:28
Actually, The Cure did put up a request to have fans vote on their Twitter page,

Ahh...that's good. And I thought we have (once again) a serious communication problem.

:smth023
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

tanyasmith

Here's something related published yesterday by UltimateClassicRock.com: 5 Reasons The Cure Should Be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/cure-hall-of-fame-reasons/?fbclid=IwAR0GKtqMa4ocUnPoNlJO4jCUkVS_ZnGltRpTHcSX8QcN8XYPFVPpHKu34fE

Who is managing Curefans on Twitter and Facebook? Curefans on Twitter tweeted about the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. 

Ulrich

Quote from: tanyasmith on November 19, 2018, 17:42:43
Who is managing Curefans on Twitter and Facebook? Curefans on Twitter tweeted about the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.

Ah, that is David (dsanchez, our dear Admin here) who does twitter, he also does FB (with very little help from little me).
So it wasn't the band who sent out anything about HoF? (If so, I can only guess they're not very interested in it.)

tanyasmith

Quote from: Ulrich on November 19, 2018, 18:04:06
Quote from: tanyasmith on November 19, 2018, 17:42:43

Ah, that is David (dsanchez, our dear Admin here) who does twitter, he also does FB (with very little help from little me).
So it wasn't the band who sent out anything about HoF? (If so, I can only guess they're not very interested in it.)

Awww, sweet. You guys are doing a great job on Twitter and Facebook.

Yes, The Cure did put out a notice about the Hall of Fame on both their Twitter page and their Facebook page. I believe Curefans (David) retweeted The Cure's post about the Hall of Fame.

Ulrich

Quote from: tanyasmith on November 19, 2018, 22:36:31
Awww, sweet. You guys are doing a great job on Twitter and Facebook.

Yes, The Cure did put out a notice about the Hall of Fame on both their Twitter page and their Facebook page. I believe Curefans (David) retweeted The Cure's post about the Hall of Fame.

Thank you for kind comments.
Well I did look on the FB Curefans page, but I didn't find it. Will look on the official Cure FB and re-post/share it on Curefans if possible.

MeltingMan

Quote from: Ulrich on November 19, 2018, 18:04:06

Well, the nomination itself of The Cure (and others) was possibly an error. Despite that I think we should
mobilize all effort to strengthen their position. A third place is out of reach, of course. This is not
only a popularity contest, but also a loyalty test, so every loyal fan has to vote every day.
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Ulrich

On FB I could not find the older posts/threads about HoF, so I created a new one with the link to HoF.

Anyone in touch with Craig from the "chain of flowers" blog/website? That is one of THE internet sources for Cure info, so if he'd do a re-post about HoF it might help!

Quote from: MeltingMan on November 20, 2018, 10:32:36
Well, the nomination itself of The Cure (and others) was possibly an error.

I've often wondered how the nominations were done and who thinks about them...  :1f635:

tanyasmith

Well, I see The Cure or whoever manages the official Cure pages on Twitter and Facebook have removed their postings about the Hall of Fame, which tells me that either a Cure member, a friend of a Cure member, or somebody affiliated with The Cure, like PR have been following this thread...OR it could be a coincidence. I went back to my Twitter page to find the posting The Cure made about the Hall of Fame, but it was gone, so I searched for some notifications of replies from Cure fans who made comments to my comments underneath the posting that The Cure had posted about the Hall of Fame (I said something to the effect that it didn't seem like something Robert Smith would endorse, but I'd vote anyway) and the notifications are gone because the posting is gone...It IS Mercury Retrograde which causes confusion, mishaps, computer issues, and communication problems, so it could be due to that, and we may see the postings reappear.