The Biggest News

Started by mintcure, October 06, 2006, 11:20:47

Previous topic - Next topic

mintcure

Hello friends. The information below is official, from Universal. Not a rumor.

"Hello everyone â€" We have a new DVD from THE CURE that will be ready for release on DEC 5th in the U.S. and we are shooting to make a Nov 20 date for INTL release!

This is all the information I have so far, but we will send more as it becomes available â€" including a final track list.

SONGS FROM 9 SHOWS…A LOAD OF CURE FANS WITH MINI DV CAMERAS CUT TOGETHER WITH THE 'BIG SCREEN' FOOTAGE OF THE NIGHT!

A MUST HAVE FOR CURE FANS…A GREAT HOLIDAY GIFT

In 2005 a nascent Cure trio of Robert Smith, Simon Gallup and Jason Cooper celebrated the return of former guitarist Porl Thompson with a series of nine eclectic headline festival shows across Europe (SPAIN / BELGIUM / FRANCE / GERMANY / SWITZERLAND / SICILY / HUNGARY / GREECE / TURKEY). The quartet’s unique blend of passion and power proved to be a thrilling combination, and the summer set a new benchmark for Cure live highs.

Festival 2005 presents a selection of these performances captured by a mix of fans, crew and ‘on-the-night-big-screen cameras’.

Edited by Daren Butler and mixed by Keith Uddin in collaboration with Robert Smith, this 30 song DVD is a wonderful reminder of how and why The Cure remain one of the most vibrant bands on the planet. "

more will come soon
I found a book on how to be invisible
Take a pinch of keyhole
And fold yourself up
You cut along the dotted line
You think inside out
And you’re invisible...

Kate Bush 2005

boneheadhaggar

excellent news, an early Christmas pressie for us all :-D :rocker
its nice to be nice

cult_hero

and why don't they just release a dvd with good shows?  :smth011  i think (if this will ever happen) this is the first cure item for years i won't buy. :evil:

okay, i moated enough...  ;)

monghi

what a beautiful day today!!! i´m so happy... can´t wait...
i never said i would stay to the end

lostflower4

Sounds really effin' great. :-D

:rocker

japanesebaby

yes! i'm happy about every pro-shot cure dvd they choose to put out!  :smth001
and hopefully there's something nice from the show i saw...
:rocker
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

cult_hero

Quote from: japanesebaby on October 06, 2006, 20:56:15

this sounds a little bit... hm...? undemanding?  ;)

lostflower4

Quote from: cult_hero on October 07, 2006, 08:40:52

You're right... After the the horrible mixing job on Trilogy, perhaps we should be a bit more demanding. :twisted:

cult_hero

Quote from: lostflower4 on October 07, 2006, 09:28:24

You're right... After the the horrible mixing job on Trilogy, perhaps we should be a bit more demanding. :twisted:

hm? i like trilogy very much... okay, a little bit less cuts would have been better - looks like mtv.

i cannot understand why robert will release a dvd with this 2005 hash and everyone except me is happy about it??? the guy who is responsible for the sound mix has a lot of work to do...  :twisted: - have you already seen/heard route du rock? i gave this show a try and heard it twice but i still don't like it. i thought i would get ear bleeding!  :smth011

anyway! i have to accept it. the cure live is history for me. thanks robert for wrecking the band! :x even though i'm still a little bit curious about new stuff although i don't expect much.

and now it's really time for me to shut up - i don't want become unpopular here...  ;)

Cure

i don't think it would b a gr8 dvd as well
but i'm only gonna buy it cuz i want 2 c what stuff from greece they'll have cuz i was straight above robert!

anyways
can't wait 4 it as well ;)
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

lostflower4

Quote from: cult_hero on October 07, 2006, 09:54:18hm? i like trilogy very much... okay, a little bit less cuts would have been better - looks like mtv.

I'm talking about the sound of Trilogy. Robert's Bass VI is way to low in the mix (kind of an important instrument for these songs!), the vocals are too loud, the bass is thin...

The video part is fine to me, but for the above reasons I can barely stand watching it. Heck, the audience recordings of these shows sound better in many respects.

Piss poor production, that's what it is to me. I find it hard to believe Robert was really involved in it. :oops:

cult_hero

hm... i have no problems with the sound. sounds muuuuch better than... okay, not again!  ;) enjoy the new stuff i'll stay in the past.

and now i'll go shopping!

japanesebaby

hey please read it again: i didn't say it's superb / it's great / it's wonderful etc.
i just said i'm happy when my favorite band chooses to put out SOMETHING on dvd - because they surely have put out too little what comes to dvds.
yes, i'd rather see a prayer tour dvd.
yes, i'd rather see  a good WMS dvd.
but maybe not a dream tour dvd if i got to choose - and hmm, i suppose a dream tour dvd might be 'undemanding' for me, if i had to try and think how and where to use the same expression...

anyway, i'm well aware of the faults in production etc. that you're talking about there. and i don't think trilogy was superb what comes to sound production. etc etc.
i was simply saying i'm happy that the cure is putting out something on dvd - hopefully it's as good as it can be.
and hopefully it'll make the band interested in putting out something else too, some older shows on dvds (if footage might exist).

(sorry that i was happy about these news!)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

cult_hero

Quote from: japanesebaby on October 07, 2006, 10:26:31

hey please read it again: i didn't say it's superb / it's great / it's wonderful etc.
i just said i'm happy when my favorite band chooses to put out SOMETHING on dvd - because they surely have put out too little what comes to dvds.
yes, i'd rather see a prayer tour dvd.
yes, i'd rather see  a good WMS dvd.
but maybe not a dream tour dvd if i got to choose - and hmm, i suppose a dream tour dvd might be 'undemanding' for me, if i had to try and think how and where to use the same expression...

anyway, i'm well aware of the faults in production etc. that you're talking about there. and i don't think trilogy was superb what comes to sound production. etc etc.
i was simply saying i'm happy that the cure is putting out something on dvd - hopefully it's as good as it can be.
and hopefully it'll make the band interested in putting out something else too, some older shows on dvds (if footage might exist).

(sorry that i was happy about these news!)

don't get me wrong: it's okay when you are happy but it sounded undemanding to me. i'm also happy if they release something on dvd but i also think that so many other recordings from other years exist so why this poor/weak stuff from last year??? the times where i take everything just because it's from the cure are over.

enjoy the dvd...  :smth001

[labyrinth]

Quote from: cult_hero on October 07, 2006, 11:11:26
i also think that so many other recordings from other years exist so why this poor/weak stuff from last year???

just because they believe in what they're doing...
and find the new stuff better for the release at the moment....
just give them our trust...and we'll see..

about the old stuff...well, it's beautiful and i really think it'll find its way for a release...but later... i think!