2008.06.01 Los Angeles - Shrine Auditorium (USA)

Started by j, April 15, 2008, 12:19:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Plainsong

Don't worry--I could never in good conscience scalp a Cure ticket! I even gave away my comp ticket to Curiosa so I could use the pit ticket I'd bought for the show and some random guy on the lawn got to sit a lot closer as a result. I like to build good music karma. :) So I won't do anything shady!

EDIT: I was able to get Ticketmaster to refund my extra ticket. If you want a GREAT seat for this show (row A seat 24!) it should be back on the site now. Get it before the presale ends!

Bloodflower

Tried to get presale tickets for this, but I had school, so I [stupidly] left the task to another, who couldn't find any tickets. Seeing this, I have to be suspicious of that.

I'm hoping to go see this with a friend of mine. I guess that all depends on how things go twenty minutes from now. I'm nervous. Last time this happened (Radiohead), I got screwed lubelessly. I'll probably go mad if that happens again. Start talking to trees....
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on April 18, 2008, 20:56:18
But hey, don't let us hear that you're scalping it.  Why not hook up a true fan and sell it for face value?  ;)

aaargh scalpers, tell me about it. :evil: i'm currently trying to get an auction ticket to see einstürzende neubauten and i don't like the way it's looking like, price wise... :smth011
i think i'm ready to give up because it all just makes me so pissed!

(good luck bloodflower!)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Bloodflower on April 19, 2008, 19:40:21
Tried to get presale tickets for this, but I had school, so I [stupidly] left the task to another, who couldn't find any tickets. Seeing this, I have to be suspicious of that.

I'm hoping to go see this with a friend of mine. I guess that all depends on how things go twenty minutes from now. I'm nervous. Last time this happened (Radiohead), I got screwed lubelessly. I'll probably go mad if that happens again. Start talking to trees....

There should be some good stuff available today.  They never give out all of the good spots during presales.  If you get offered some crap seat, try again.  Also, be specific with the options they give you (price, location).  Actually, just enter the price ($82) and don't waste your time selecting location.  Those precious seconds could prove fatal.  Selecting $82 will let the system know you want pit or orchestra.  Good luck!  4 minutes to go.

Bloodflower

I got tickets. They're not great, but I was doing this on two laptops, and tickets wouldn't pop up after these. And I don't want to take my chances.

Orchestra 30, seats 57-59 (which I find bizarre; three seats, but I bought two tickets....).

I've got pit for SB, though, so I won't complain too much.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Bloodflower on April 19, 2008, 20:16:01
I got tickets. They're not great, but I was doing this on two laptops, and tickets wouldn't pop up after these. And I don't want to take my chances.

Orchestra 30, seats 57-59 (which I find bizarre; three seats, but I bought two tickets....).

I've got pit for SB, though, so I won't complain too much.

Row 30 isn't bad.  I'm guessing that you'll be centered, just in front of the balcony.  Should be a pretty sweet spot.

I just noticed random ORCH seats are coming up when using the price only selection.  Using best available gets you Balcony C.  :? I'll never understand TM  :roll:

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on April 17, 2008, 09:06:38

that's a really nice looking theater, atmospheric.

i just hope the band's live sound will turn out ok in small theater venues like this. gasometer in wien was the smallest venue on the euro tour, not a theater but certainly pretty intimate compared to most other venues. i was really looking forward to that gig for that reason alone - yet the sound was a huge disappointment to me: definitely the worst sound on all of the gigs that i saw.
they sounded a lot lot better on all large venues.

The Gasometer was the lone intimate Euro show, right?  I mean they played mostly arenas.  It's too bad the sound was poor, but not surprising considering.  Maybe they just got in late and didn't get to do a proper soundcheck?  Hopefully it's not some trend that their crew just leaves the settings the same regardless of the venue.  In the U.S., they're playing a wide variety of venues (basketball arenas, small theaters, large theaters, small and large amphitheatres, half-house arenas).  I'm pretty sure the sound will be just fine in most places.     

How the end always is

Hello everyone... someone who needs a ticket for the pit area?....i have 2 tickets from ebay for US $399.00 ... just need someone who takes one... we share 399 in two. so it's 199 for ticket. always the same story.... touts......

that's my email address: theheadonthedoor@hotmail.it

crowbi_wan

Quote from: How the end always is on April 25, 2008, 04:37:58
Hello everyone... someone who needs a ticket for the pit area?....i have 2 tickets from ebay for US $399.00 ... just need someone who takes one... we share 399 in two. so it's 199 for ticket. always the same story.... touts......

that's my email address: theheadonthedoor@hotmail.it

But how can you get your pit tickets?  You must show the credit card used to purchase the tickets.  They'll check the name and it won't match.  I sure hope you didn't get screwed out of $400 

How the end always is

"The winning bidder has to meet me at the box office to retrieve tickets on the night of the show" is what the seller writed... :!:

madcao

does anyone want two orchestra tix to the shrine show? i can't go so i just want to let these go for face value ($200, or $199.95 if you want to be super exact).

seat location: section ORCH, row 19, seats 69-71

i have hard Ticketmaster tickets on hand.

shipping $5. tickets will be shipped as soon as possible after payment is received. paypal please. :)

message me if you're interested.. thanks!

Plainsong

Is there anyone who's going to this show and the Bowl show who's staying at one of the hotels right by the Bowl?
I'm going to this show solo and won't have access to a car so if anyone's driving back to Hollywood afterwards and wants a few bucks for gas...and isn't a serial killer...otherwise I'll cab it back to the hotel but I figured I'd ask around for a ride first!

GrundyPants

Has anyone seen a show at the shrine and vouch for decent sound?

crowbi_wan

I've read that after the renovation the sound had improved greatly. I'd assume that if you're sitting in the back half of the lower section (under the balcony) you're prone to any echoes slamming right down on top of you, making the mix appear muddy.     

crowbi_wan

Just met simon and asked him to play the holy hour.  His response was maybe.  he was wearing his russian hat again.  Pics after the show.