Main Menu

'forum manners'

Started by MeltingMan, June 12, 2015, 10:31:20

Previous topic - Next topic

MeltingMan

Quote from: UlrichMessage to anyone reading this:feel free to post your theories!But be
prepared for 2 things:1)not everyone will agree 2)someone might question your
theory,especially if not well thought out or underlined by quotes of lyrics or anything
to do with reality.
First of all:I won't continue a heated debate.The above mentioned notice occupied
me for a while.These measures may appear understandable to keep away a 'potential
nutcase',but new members or those with good intentions could be confused,if not deterred.
Nobody wants to be hit over the head with own triple quotes,for example,if every member
has the possibility to delete a post,even after weeks.A bit more forbearance would be great,wouldn't it?
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Ulrich

Quote from: MeltingMan on June 12, 2015, 10:31:20
The above mentioned notice occupied me for a while.

Why?

These measures may appear understandable to keep away a 'potential nutcase',but new members or those with good intentions could be confused,if not deterred.

There are no "measures" at all, it was just a "message" to people who might read that topic and think that posting a theory might be difficult!
(Taking it out of context into here, is not a good idea in my opinion!)

Nobody wants to be hit over the head with own triple quotes,for example,if every member
has the possibility to delete a post,even after weeks.

The quote function is used to make clear what one refers to. I didn't know we could delete/change post for weeks, if that is fact, then it is even more useful to quote!
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

janet

I'm just a fan from Holland who's waiting when they come to Europe for a tour..

Ulrich

Welcome, janet! This is a theory most of us can agree with (I guess, especially those from Europe)!  :)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...