2008.02.25 München - Olympiahalle (Germany)

Started by dsanchez, September 27, 2007, 19:47:26

Previous topic - Next topic

carliofandango

Quote from: heissi on February 25, 2008, 22:27:43
Don't ask for too much surprises on the same night !!
They played their 58th song, that's cool or not ?
The set list is perfect tonight !

Is there a full (updated) list anywhere of which songs have been played, and how many times..?
It can't rain all the time....

rodney

I also have an Excel spreadsheet showing all songs played for the entire 4tour.  All 69 of them.

japanesebaby

Quote from: carliofandango on February 25, 2008, 22:37:10
Quote from: heissi on February 25, 2008, 22:27:43
Don't ask for too much surprises on the same night !!
They played their 58th song, that's cool or not ?
The set list is perfect tonight !

Is there a full (updated) list anywhere of which songs have been played, and how many times..?

here's one - please do point out errors if you find out any and we'll update it:

http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,4600.msg42908.html#msg42908
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

heissi

Perhaps the same pop encore than E2 in Berlin...

rodney

Here is my work.  This show is not included yet.

japanesebaby

freak show - haha now i'm maliciously happy!  :twisted:

heissi

figurehead

So tonight they ended with 'A FOREST'
mmm
was it an extended version?
'Is It Always Like This?'

Tof

Thank you very much lacrima mosa for this coverage !!!  :smth023

:smth023
Tof

japanesebaby

a kind of like to see them closing with a forest again - hopefully they'd play loooong versions...

thanks stef for updates! :D

Sussex

Wah! :shock: Baby Scream!!!! Wonderful..

Thanks lacrimamosa for the coverage. :smth023
"Thick As Shit"

silversand

What can i say. It was such an awesome show. Everything fitted.
I had enough space to dance and the audience was great :)
Robert did say something in German, how cute  :)

Surprises for me were: A strange day, inbetween days, the blood and the baby screams.

It was one of the best shows i'v attended this year, after Berlin  :)

crowbi_wan

Stef, thank you for the live updates.  you ROCK!   :rocker

lacrima mosa

okay... i try to go for a review...:

i went to munich by car with vnvrum, another member of this forum. we mat at his home, on my way to munich. i never met him before, so another friendship starting out of curefans.com:smth023
we expected to drive about 2.5 hours, but my car made it in 2!! 200 km/h is a nice feeling!!  :smth051
at the venue, i had to get my ticket at a special entrance and could go in without lining up! we met again indoor and listened to the new interpol cd... nice!!
65daysofstatic (i already now every word the singer says...) were nice as ever, but i was looking forward to hear the cures intro to guess the setlist... vnvrum took my camera and disappeared to the front row... pictures here later!

right before the concert, a guy i met in vienna (chris) appeared and we were talking! (chris! where are you? i need the copys!!!  ;))

plainsong: wow! i'm always touched!
prayers for rain: nice one, but i was actually waiting for the song to come... they sometimes changed that... and?
a strange day!!! wow!! my first new one on the night for that tour!
alt.end... hm...
the blood! yes nice one! this spanish guitar looks really small in roberts hands...  :lol:
the end of the world... i was waiting for the end of the song...
lovesong! nice screens as always for the song, the crowd moved for the first time...
pictures and lullaby... do i have to say more? i like the new arrengements
please project, the walk... ah... walk is okay but i dont really like the project! i realized at that point that the sound is really good and the band is much tighter than in vienna...
push, inbetween days, jlh... okay! the crowd now really moved and the people on the seats got up... they're not my songs actually...
a boy: still touches me a lot... nic song!! rs said something before the song... "embarassing" was in it...
shake dog shake!!!!! what a power!!! and nice screens, showing all for members in b/w playing their instruments... shaky filmed...
never enough, wrong number... why did they mess their greatest hits album swith these songs... just say no!!
the bab screams... oh ja!! nice one!!
end of the main set as expected! nice, powerful and hard played!!

during the break, i had to stretch my back! (yes marika, we're not the youngest...)
pop encore... robert wasnt sure if we're gonna like it, but anyways, they played it good and even friday... you know that stupid popsong about a guy in love on friday... was nice, with a special "monday-night-ending", rs played again the beginning alone...

2nd encore... everytime i'm surprised how they go from jumping to grinding halt! sounds so nice!! killing another was punky!!

before they left, rs said: maybe there's time for another one...and they came back to do the shorted 17 seconds encore! the crowd was singing the keyboard parts from play for today for minutes, before they came back... rs was really smiling when we sang along during the song!
a forest had an extended ending... robert abusing his guitar for 2 minutes before simon abused hi bass really hard for the ending!!

all in all a very good concert! i called it a 1b! 1a was berlin... because of the drowning man and the 3h 20 minutes show... i now expect not too much for zurich... they never played special sets here... we'll see! i will cover it too, so stay online and live it with me!!  :smth020
cheers!
08.10.2022 Helsinki
10.10.2022 Stockholm
12.10.2022 Oslo
13.10.2022 Göteborg
14.10.2022 Kopenhagen
16.10.2022 Hamburg
17.10.2022 Leipzig
18.10.2022 Berlin
18.11.2022 Strassburg
19.11.2022 Basel