Stealth tips for recording a concert

Started by crowbi_wan, April 24, 2007, 02:33:43

Previous topic - Next topic

melly

I'm sorry...but I have to say.. you people are amazing what you will go through to get a good taping of a show!! Kinda reminds me of those James Bond movies... Well done, you are incredibly ingenious!!!! Plus, I wouldn't have the you- know- whats to even try it...I think I would easily get caught.. probably be the profuse sweating that would give me away..( not a normal occurance with me...would be the nerves!!)

I'm glad you post this for all of us to read, it really makes me appreciate what you guys do....  :smth023
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Hlektron

I'm speechless, to say the least. Those infrasound glasses did it for me! You guys are geniouses, in fact I wouldn't exactly be surprised if you had a rocketman device attached to your backs in order to avoid getting caught by those blimey security guards!

I'm happy that you tapers are doing such a great work, I really do appreciate it. The quality of bootleg recordings has substantially changed (to the better), being compared to what we could heard some ten years ago(and more) and this because of your never ending efforts to get better equipment, take better positions, attach the mics on the right height, and so on. I'm amazed. You've really mastered the whole thing!
No-one will ever take your place,
So in love with you...

japanesebaby

Quote from: Hlektron on June 10, 2008, 17:08:10
in fact I wouldn't exactly be surprised if you had a rocketman device attached to your backs in order to avoid getting caught by those blimey security guards!

excellent idea, thanks for the tip :smth023 - at least it's good to have that as a backup should the number one distraction, the good old jedi mind trick ever fail me. :-D
i'm sure an average venue security should be ok with the rocket stuff - just as long i remember not to bring the mother of all prohibited items: request signs <-- :smth011

ps. @j, did you remember to bring your satellite dish sized cowboy belt buckle down to texas?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

Duh.  How do you think I got my gear in? :lol:

Seriously, though, I think that Porl saw my mics last night.  He just kept looking at me and squinting.  I kind of smirked and he did the same.  Maybe he was just trying to figure out why a guy in a rocket suit was in the 3rd row!