'Wish' album and singles

Started by cheyler, July 04, 2020, 01:13:52

Previous topic - Next topic

cheyler

'Elise' arrived in the mail today, they have so many incredible b-sides it's crazy, especially on the 'Wish' tour.  There's supposed to be an earlier Japanese CD of 'Wish' but I've never seen it, is there some sort of typographical error on it?  Not sure.  One more photo of an album and singles will probably be over the weekend.  Hope everyone is well.

SueC

Hullo @cheyler, hope you're well too!  :)  Me, today, is best described with the word "splat" (hard week) - how about you?  ...I think Wish is the next album we'll be getting in our tour of the back catalogue, so it's interesting to see people talk about it.  I'm not sure which version I should be getting yet - plain or extra material etc (if I'm remembering correctly...that option was there for KM but we just went for the plain version which was already a double album, and not the version with all the extras...
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Quote from: SueC on July 04, 2020, 10:04:18...I think Wish is the next album we'll be getting in our tour of the back catalogue, so it's interesting to see people talk about it.  I'm not sure which version I should be getting yet - plain or extra material etc ...

There is no version with bonus material yet. It would be the logical "follow-up" to the re-release of "Mixed Up" (so far all the old albums from '79 to '90 were remastered and re-released with bonus tracks). Fans have been waiting for the "Wish" remaster for a long time, but so far... nothing.

According to RS "Wish" should be the next one to be re-released, exactly when is anybody's guess. (In my humble opinion, 2022 would be good, as a kind of "anniversary" of the original release.)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

SueC

...oh well, I'll just have to make do with a plain version then - 2022 would be a bit of an excessive wait...  Bonus material can perhaps be acquired via a digital download purchase later...

SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Quote from: SueC on July 04, 2020, 10:51:53...oh well, I'll just have to make do with a plain version then - 2022 would be a bit of an excessive wait...

Yes, but consider that between the "Disintegration" remaster (2010) and the new version of "Mixed Up" there was a "gap" of 8 years!  :1f62e:

With a new album (?) coming up, the wait for a remaster would not seem that long.  :cool

Anyway, I do look forward to re-listening "Wish" around 2021/'22 (remastered or not)! And cheyler is right, the b-sides to the singles were excellent.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

SueC

Hmmm, maybe Cure fans should be described as "patients" - since they have to be so patient.  (I think the original term comes from having to be patient sitting around waiting for medical appointments. :angel)

...is there anything on the B-sides that wasn't on Join The Dots?
SueC is time travelling

cheyler

Quote from: SueC on July 04, 2020, 10:04:18Hullo @cheyler, hope you're well too!  :)  Me, today, is best described with the word "splat" (hard week) - how about you?  ...I think Wish is the next album we'll be getting in our tour of the back catalogue, so it's interesting to see people talk about it.  I'm not sure which version I should be getting yet - plain or extra material etc (if I'm remembering correctly...that option was there for KM but we just went for the plain version which was already a double album, and not the version with all the extras...
I have to go back and look for it, but in an interview conducted after the release of the deluxe version of 'Mixed Up', RS said that 'Wish', 'Show' and 'Paris' would all be deluxe 2-CD sets.  There's lots more stuff available to use for these Deluxe versions and one or two will very likely include filmed stuff. He also mentioned that the 'Wish' Deluxe was completely finished, now all they have to do is get it into the hands of the people who sell it.  I wouldn't use the word 'splat' to describe how I feel today, but there's always tomorrow!

Matti

Quote from: SueC on July 04, 2020, 11:05:07...is there anything on the B-sides that wasn't on Join The Dots?
I don't think so, but - there's the Lost Wishes, an extended Elise remix (not the Blue mix), an Elise version with the main vocals missing, and at least a CD's worth of unreleased demos, including an early version of Wendy Time. The Wish remaster could easily be released as a 3 disc set (and no, I won't stop hoping or dreaming).
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

cheyler

The singles each had 2 b-sides and an alternate mix of the song being promoted.  'Doing The Unstuck' was going to be the fourth single, but something happened and it never materialized; I have to wonder what the b-sides would have been...?  There's also the 'Wish Tour' promo film, the XFM broadcast of the May 3rd show and also the 'Lost Wishes' cassette.  Plenty to go around, but I have no idea what might be used. It's all excellent. I'd like to see the T&CC II set too, audio or film, either one.