2007.08.06 Adelaide - Entertainment Centre (Australia)

Started by dsanchez, June 13, 2007, 18:51:55

Previous topic - Next topic

[labyrinth]

ok
thank you very much mickmcc  :-D

how was the show?

Tof

Quote from: mikmcc on August 06, 2007, 16:50:14
OK working on a setlist now, will have up shortly

bad news is no new songs (ie no upcoming album songs)

And when do you post the show in FLAC or the video ???  :-D
Tof

mikmcc

F*&%@n fantastic - beats the 2000 and 1992 shows I attended

boneheadhaggar

Quote from: mikmcc on August 06, 2007, 16:50:14
OK working on a setlist now, will have up shortly

bad news is no new songs (ie no upcoming album songs)

cant beleive they still haven't tried out a couple of new songs yet :smth011
maybe they just don't want people to hear them until the new album is released, but this means our friends in Oz and the States wont get to hear any of the new stuff on this world tour, very disapointing if that is the case :(
its nice to be nice

[labyrinth]

don't know if they still won't play any new songs in the states...
i'm sad that our australian friends won't hear nothing new.

wylko

so no new songs but they played the top ?? someone wrote that on the official site.

mikmcc

Tape (Intro)
Open
Fascination Street
Alt end
The Blood
A Night Like This
A Walk
The End of The World
Lovesong
Pictures of You
Lullaby
Never Enough
The Figurehead
From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea
The Baby Screams
Push
InBetween days
Friday Im in Love
Just Like Heaven
If only tonight we could sleep
The Kiss
Us or Them
Wrong Number
One Hundred Years,
End

Encore 1
Hot Hot Hot
Lets Go To Bed
Close to Me
WCIBY

Encore 2
3 Imaginary Boys
Fire in Cairo
Boys don’t Cry
Jumping Someone elses train
Grinding Halt
10:15
Killing an Arab (other)

only a few new songs for the tour (The figurehead & The Baby Screams)

Before anyone complains about the setlists - let me say they sounded far better in person than the Miami & Singapore recordings (not to say the recordings werent good - just didnt do the playing/sound justice)

mikmcc

Quote from: wylko on August 06, 2007, 17:28:33
so no new songs but they played the top ?? someone wrote that on the official site.

"Someone" must have been at another Cure show tonight!

they didnt play 'The Top', I wish they had, and Birdmad Girl, but I will need to get in a time machine to hear those I think.

wylko

Quote from: mikmcc on August 06, 2007, 17:31:42
Quote from: wylko on August 06, 2007, 17:28:33

"Someone" must have been at another Cure show tonight!

they didnt play 'The Top', I wish they had, and Birdmad Girl, but I will need to get in a time machine to hear those I think.

yeah  :lol:
thanks for the setlist by the way
must have been great  :smth020

j

I was at the Miami show and the sound there was horrible.  The sound system was for a DJ set, not a live band.  There were tons of clicks and pops and overall, the sound wasn't that good.  Glad to hear you had a good time...only another 38 days until the Tampa show!

mikmcc

I know this is off topic, but how do I change from a "newbie" to something else? I have been a newbie for a year.

mikmcc

Quote from: j on August 06, 2007, 17:36:29
I was at the Miami show and the sound there was horrible.  The sound system was for a DJ set, not a live band.  There were tons of clicks and pops and overall, the sound wasn't that good.  Glad to hear you had a good time...only another 38 days until the Tampa show!

Did I mention something happened with the left hand side audio at the end of IOTWCS and beginning of The Kiss. Porl left the stage while Robert, Simon and Jason kept playing, and a technician was frantically rolling out cable. sounded ok once up again and didnt affect the show - but should show up on any recordings that surface.

I would like to put my hand up for a trade for this show if/when it surfaces.

Security was lax - I could have walked in with anything in my pocket and not got searrched, People were using phones and cameras very indiscreetly. I recorded whole show on my phone  (to aid in presenting a setlist), but could easily have done more, Is different for every show at this venue.

Tof

Quote from: mikmcc on August 06, 2007, 17:41:58
Security was lax - I could have walked in with anything in my pocket and not got searrched, People were using phones and cameras very indiscreetly. I recorded whole show on my phone  (to aid in presenting a setlist), but could easily have done more, Is different for every show at this venue.

Good news !!!

Thanks for the setlist  :smth023
Tof

dsanchez

Quote from: mikmcc on August 06, 2007, 17:36:43
I know this is off topic, but how do I change from a "newbie" to something else? I have been a newbie for a year.

Looks like you are a "Coolfan" now :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

boneheadhaggar

Quote from: mikmcc on August 06, 2007, 17:36:43

congratulations, with that post you reached coolfan status :-D
its nice to be nice