2007.08.14 Auckland - Vector Arena (New Zealand)

Started by psychophysio, July 05, 2007, 07:39:48

Previous topic - Next topic

rybian

Quote from: bomber2007 on August 21, 2007, 04:35:40
Quote from: Bloodflower on August 20, 2007, 05:56:54
The fact that this show is at 320kbps means that the lossiness won't bother me.

It's actually 256kbps isn't it ? Not 320 ?

The master is at 320K.If you can all bear with for a while longer I will also upload the master as well in Flac

bomber2007

Quote from: rybian on August 21, 2007, 05:02:52
Quote from: bomber2007 on August 21, 2007, 04:35:40
Quote from: Bloodflower on August 20, 2007, 05:56:54
The fact that this show is at 320kbps means that the lossiness won't bother me.

It's actually 256kbps isn't it ? Not 320 ?

The master is at 320K.If you can all bear with for a while longer I will also upload the master as well in Flac

Thank-You !
I'm sure everyone will really appreciate that even more !

boneheadhaggar

its nice to be nice

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

j

Quote from: rybian on August 21, 2007, 05:02:52

I'm not trying to be a prick here.  It is great that you decided to tape and to share the show.  However, the show is in mp3.  I do not see the sense nor the benefit of uploading your show in FLAC.  What does that gain?  What does it do?  FLAC is a way of compressing large wav files, then when converting back to wav, there is no compression.  mp3 is already compressed (n matter if it is at 96 kbps or 320 kbps), so there is no benefit of using FLAC.  The only thing that can happen is someone that is uninformed will receive the show in FLAC and assume it is lossless.  This is exactly how mp3 starts to infiltrate serious traders/collectors collections.

Again, I'm not trying to be a prick here, although I am sure I am coming off as one.  That is not my intention...just speaking my opinion, and one that I know is shared but may not be vocalized my many others here.

lostflower4

Yes, the best thing you could do for us is to upload your master 320K file. I've heard that your uploaded version has track splits, so that must mean it's double compressed mp3? :?

Matti

Quote from: j on August 21, 2007, 11:26:34
I do not see the sense nor the benefit of uploading your show in FLAC.  What does that gain?  What does it do?

Well, at least you won't have microgaps between 35 tracks - that's what I call a benefit.
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

mikmcc

Thanks for recording & sharing

I look forward to getting broadband again so I can download and listen

lostflower4

Quote from: Matti on August 21, 2007, 12:42:28
Quote from: j on August 21, 2007, 11:26:34
I do not see the sense nor the benefit of uploading your show in FLAC.  What does that gain?  What does it do?

Well, at least you won't have microgaps between 35 tracks - that's what I call a benefit.

I still say the best solution is to upload the original 320K file and let everyone do as they please with it.

And maybe record in WAV from now on, if I dare to say it. I mean, don't iRivers have 20-40 GB hard drives? :D

j

Yes...the 320 has a 40gb HD, I think.  The 120 has a 20 gb

Matti

Quote from: lostflower4 on August 21, 2007, 13:03:47
And maybe record in WAV from now on, if I dare to say it.

Amen, Reverend - 'nuff said.
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

crowbi_wan

Quote from: j on August 21, 2007, 16:35:36
Yes...the 320 has a 40gb HD, I think.  The 120 has a 20 gb

120s and 320s have 20 GB drives, 140s and 340s have 40 GB drives  ;)

krissik

Cheers Rybian, I was at the show with my girlfriend and few mates. We were up in the lower bowl to the right of Simon Gallup. Excellent concert. We had a few occasions of acoustic warble in the ears but not too bad. The show wasn't as loud as the St James in Wellington in 1984 or maybe that had something to do with the venue size.
Its nice to download a recording of a concert you've been to. Thanks alot for sharing mate, Cheers, Krissik. :smth023

rybian

Quote from: krissik on August 22, 2007, 03:24:20
Cheers Rybian, I was at the show with my girlfriend and few mates. We were up in the lower bowl to the right of Simon Gallup. Excellent concert. We had a few occasions of acoustic warble in the ears but not too bad. The show wasn't as loud as the St James in Wellington in 1984 or maybe that had something to do with the venue size.
Its nice to download a recording of a concert you've been to. Thanks alot for sharing mate, Cheers, Krissik. :smth023

I was also at the Wellington 1984 show and also the show a couple of years earlier at the Wgtn Town Hall on the first Cure tour of NZ.I also saw Robert play with Siouxie & the Banshees at the Wgtn Town Hall about 82/83?