Picture Disc's and Coloured Vinyl

Started by ~*CherryRed*~, August 28, 2007, 09:06:00

Previous topic - Next topic

~*CherryRed*~

I have a few picture disc's and coloured vinyl LP's/EP's... and wondered what everyone else has in their collections!
"prone to flights of whimsy"

~*CherryRed*~

~*CherryRed*~

and last, but by no means least this one... thats all I have in pic/coloured too date!!

iwannashagsimon

Damn, ~*CherryRed*~!   You got a nice collection. :-D

Off the top of my head, I got:

Peel Session 7"

Peel Session 12"

Peel Session shapped:

Front:

Back:

Plus I got the colored "Friday, I'm In Love" 12".  But I dunno if I got the pink or purple one. :oops: 

I gotta go through my records.  Think I got more Banshee picture/colored than Cure but I gotta check.

My records are currently drying out from a teeny flood....so it might take me some time to go though them. :?

iwannashagsimon

Oh dear!  How can I forget about my interview with Simon disc!

Front:

Back:

An interview with Simon and he isn't even pictured! :smth011

japanesebaby

Quote from: iwannashagsimon on August 28, 2007, 09:46:22
Plus I got the colored "Friday, I'm In Love" 12".  But I dunno if I got the pink or purple one. :oops: 

heh i never really met anyone who could tell if they had pink or purple or blue-pinkish or what. all copies i've seen look pretty much the same, messy blue/pink/purple-ish color.
i wonder how they found those specimens for the darren butler discography book!

i have some stuff packed up somewhere, would need to look through it first...
i stopped buying official stuff a rather long time ago (other than new releases). for me it just started to turn silly when you need to start looking into the labels and serial numbers etc. but you have the very same songs there most of the time anyway.
i still do enjoy collecting but just on other fields than official pressings.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Tof

Tof

Tof

Tof

japanesebaby

the disintegration 12 inch picture disc is maybe my favorite cure item, what comes to the sheer esthetics.
it's just perfect.
one i've always missed for some reason is the 7 inch clear vinyl for 'lullaby'.
it's a bit strange because if i should have all version of one cure single then it should really be that one!

here's a few 7 inch ones:

japanesebaby

~*CherryRed*~

Ah what a great response! Cheers everyone for sharing! I'm really interested in other peoples collections! If only to drool over things that I don't have!!!

I have to say that I really really LOVE that peel sessions shaped disc that iwannashagsimon has. That would be something to keep a hold of forever!

I also have to say I liked Tof's Disintegration one. Only as I have a soft spot for that paticular album artwork. I have a T-Shirt of that design also, but alas... it can no longer be worn for fear of falling apart (and so now remains in my cupboard as a museum piece!!).

I love all of these 'extras' as I call 'em, but you can get bogged down by the sheer enormity of what is out there!!! I've forgotten who it was that had the blue vinyl of Blue Sunshine now (iwannashagsimon???) but that was where this topic started for me... and I was told at the same time about a link on ebay for that particular item. Ah, ebay! I can get lost in there for weeks at a time and spend $ far beyond my means! It was a bit of an obsession for me actually. And my partner had to put his foot down... so I'm literally banned from there now...

iwannashagsimon

Quote from: ~*CherryRed*~ on August 28, 2007, 23:56:12
I have to say that I really really LOVE that peel sessions shaped disc that iwannashagsimon has. That would be something to keep a hold of forever!

There was even one made for the Banshees. :)

scatcat

yay!! finally got my hands on these:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

ROGUE

Top of my head, i got the green A Forest 12".
Disintegration  and orange EP kiss me, but iam sure i have more put away.

Really love Tof's & JapaneseBaby, and so many more!!. Beautiful collection this whole page aswell,  :shock:

Great photo's  ~I really want one of the "Pictures of you"   coloured LP's - so nice to look at.  :D

edit~ Some treasure indeed wow  :smth050  That reminds me i might log onto http: hang on oops    and see what i can find
then look for it on ebay,

I need more !!  :rocker  Awsum thred  :smth050   :smth045

scatcat

woops.. forgot this little treasure:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life