Wish Remaster/Deluxe Edition?

Started by | SONA |, October 15, 2008, 20:00:23

Previous topic - Next topic

revolt

Quote from: pyota on October 20, 2008, 16:51:50
the unplugged version of letter to elise would also be nice to have on the bonus disc. imo its much better than the overproduced album/single versions. although the last time i saw it live it came off quite well, it should be an acoustic song!

I also prefer the acoustic version of ALTE as it appeared on the MTV unplugged gig, but I wouldn't call the Wish version "overproduced". I mean, it certainly is more "packed" than the accoustic one but it doesn't sound over-polished and there's enough space in it for the instruments to "breathe", so to speak.

pyota

Quote from: revolt on October 20, 2008, 16:57:52

I also prefer the acoustic version of ALTE as it appeared on the MTV unplugged gig, but I wouldn't call the Wish version "overproduced". I mean, it certainly is more "packed" than the accoustic one but it doesn't sound over-polished and there's enough space in it for the instruments to "breathe", so to speak.

i also think that they really ruined wendy time, cut, and the big hand on wish, compared to the great demo versions at the t+c club in the play out video. obviously we can agree to disagree  :-D

japanesebaby

the unplugged version of letter to elise would also be nice to have on the bonus disc. imo its much better than the overproduced album/single versions. although the last time i saw it live it came off quite well, it should be an acoustic song!

i also like the acoustic version of the song. the arrangement on the unplugged version is terrific and there's no way the polished studio version could ever reach the emotional depth of that half broken and out of tune-ish toy piano tune. the impact of that sound is the same as when you see an old abandoned toy, a teddy bear or a doll, waiting for a child to come and pick it up, waiting for someone to save it, to make it live again. there's just no way how the studio version could ever beat that.

hmm perhaps they should have re-recorded an acoustic version on the 'greatest hits' album, as one of the acoustic hits.
especially since the studio version of the song wasn't even included on the actual 'greatest hits' collection.
whereas i really liked the idea of the acoustic hits session, i think some of the song choices there were really uninspired - not exactly bad but just uninspired. especially since their original unplugged session was so tremendous.
but well, perhaps they didn't want to do 'elise' because they didn't want to pick any of the same songs for the new acoustic session that were already included on the unplugged session.
anyway. just thinking out loud here.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

pyota

Quote from: japanesebaby on October 20, 2008, 20:15:34
i also like the acoustic version of the song. the arrangement on the unplugged version is terrific and there's no way the polished studio version could ever reach the emotional depth of that half broken and out of tune-ish toy piano tune. the impact of that sound is the same as when you see an old abandoned toy, a teddy bear or a doll, waiting for a child to come and pick it up, waiting for someone to save it, to make it live again. there's just no way how the studio version could ever beat that.

agreed: also robert's voice was in rare form during that performance - although he screwed up the lyrics to the blood :)

revolt

Quote from: pyota on October 20, 2008, 19:55:37
Quote from: revolt on October 20, 2008, 16:57:52

i also think that they really ruined wendy time, cut, and the big hand on wish, compared to the great demo versions at the t+c club in the play out video. obviously we can agree to disagree  :-D

But we don't disagree at all regarding this last comment from you... Both "Wendy Time" and "Cut" have clearly been ruined in "Wish", to the point that they became annoying. "The Big Hand" sounds better - maybe because it is such a great song that it is a bit hard to ruin it  - but it is also clearly less weel done as a B-side than it was live or in the instrumental version heard on the video.

fiction

Yes that would be nice. I really do look forward for the next four DeLuxe Editions.
again and again and again and again and again and...

isamu

I can't wait until the remasters come out. WMS, BF Paris, etc sound fine. But Wish is in D*E*S*P*E*R*A*T*E need of a new remaster, and maybe needs to be remixed ENTIRELY it sounds so bad.

| SONA |

Matti

Probably not.

But, speaking of Wish, there's a "Custom Optimization" (i.e. a private amateur "remaster"/eq'd) version on TPB - has anyone listened to an has an opinion on it?
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

| SONA |

Ok, so I see the Disintegration Reissue is coming, which is very awesome... any word on a Wish reissue yet (more awesome)? 

skellington

That would be so nice to see because I have not been able to find even just an ordinary copy of the cd anywhere! :cry: If they did a deluxe maybe I would have a better chance of finding one
Its Just Like a Dream...:)

closedown

Quote from: | SONA | on May 09, 2010, 01:39:45
Ok, so I see the Disintegration Reissue is coming, which is very awesome... any word on a Wish reissue yet (more awesome)? 

Maybe in 2012 for the 20th anniversary (or 2013 if they continue with those 21st anniversaries...). Seriously, it is rather a desaster what is happening with those reissues and I can't see a reason why they are all pushed back and back again. On one hand those companies all yell out due to money shortage + then they can't come up with the easiest money-grabbers, namely reissues...
Will be interesting to see, whether Wish will get the 3 disc treatment as well, if not, I think one can easily imagine it will end up in a similar way than Kiss Me. Hopefully the bonus disc will contain little to no livestuff (Paris + Show covered that already) and rather demos and outtakes.

cure-fan

The Cure has recorded 25 songs for the WISH. ('A foolish arrangement' has been recorded later for B-side...).
They have had 40 demos (band members' home demo ideas).
They would have liked to record two albums in the same time: a normal one and an instrumental one.
There are 12 songs on the album, 5 B-side songs (+1), 4 instrumental songs (Lost wishes)...so, there are 4 unreleased songs from WISH recording sessions.
We know 2 other instrumental demos: 'Old England' and 'Heart attack'. I think these songs haven't been recorded for the album. I've heard two other supposedly existing songs from this era: 'Decadance' and 'Wedding dance'. ('Patel shout' was listed as a WISH out-take...but it is a WMS out-take.)

Cure forever

| SONA |

They've remastered the albums chronologically so Wish has to be next.  This would need to be a damn box set though with the demos, Lost Wishes and other instrumentals along with the several unreleased tracks we've not heard.  That's like 4 discs.  In my dreams.

wish-man

I wish it would be 3 Discs. But third shouldn't be remastered Show CD  :roll:  And yeah. Must be alot of new instrumental stuff  :smth020
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...