2007.08.10 Sydney 'MySpace Secret Shows' (Australia)

Started by ohfuchsia, August 02, 2007, 01:31:11

Previous topic - Next topic

ohfuchsia

hi,
sorry if i'm just helping to spread a rumour. but i was told the cure were doing a secret show in sydney, but no one can find any details. something to do with myspace? which i can open because my computer sucks.
if anyone knows anything please post it ASAP.
thanks

Secrets

Yeah, I just saw the ad up on My Space when I was checking out another band.

Here's a couple of posts from the My Space website explaining what has happened in the past..

It's a first-come-first-served deal to get in, so basically you need to get there as early as possible before the (yet to be released) official doors opening time.

Althought if it's going to be on a Friday morning then I think there will be a lot less people there than usual. So maybe give it an hour or two to line-up.
From poster A|_ - ¶a©ÎñÃ'

Quoteok you do not get tickets what will happen is on the day of or before the show there will be a bullitin saying where it is and when. then you go and line up for it. only a limited number is let in
From posert !TATE'S OWN RIOT!

japanesebaby

a topic for this was already started yesterday in the news section:

http://www.curefans.com/index.php/topic,3750.0.html

and i'm sorry that this must be a second time within a short period of time that we run into this, but please do read the forum first before posting so that we can avoid double posts.
thanks  :smth001
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

japanesebaby

huh, that'll be fun, qeueing in there and worrying whether or not one is going to be lucky to be allowed in....
i hope everyone would get in. good luck everyone who's going to try it out! :D

japanesebaby

Quote from: bomber2007 on August 02, 2007, 14:10:34
Are you telling me it doesn't belong here ?  :roll:

no, as you can see i didn't say anything about what section either of the topics should have been posted to. yes, maybe this section is better for announcing these news, but maybe that other topic was just about to be moved from 'news' section over to here anyway.

Quote from: bomber2007 on August 02, 2007, 14:10:34
This topic I have made here in this "The Cure World Tour 2007" section is here because I can confirm the show

sure you can confirm it. but as you can also see, someone else had also answered that other topic and provided the very same info so it was already in the forum. what remains is just the question of to which section everything should have bene posted to: and like i said, that topic was just about to be moved over here anyway.

if you don't have time to read the forum before you post (which can be understandable), you can still also use the search engine (you can find that on the top right corner of the page). that's what it's there for.
:)

devoblue

Now theres a interesting choice. Queue for a free show or queue for a good GA position at the sold out show that night.
f*ck Parental Advisory.  Mines a Pint.

dsanchez

Sorry, is this Official?

What is this page?
http://www.myspace.com/secretshowsau

Please more details. Just CONFIRMED gigs should be published in the World Tour section.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: bomber2007 on August 02, 2007, 15:08:08
It was me who answered the other topic and provided the very same info.

I add the topic here because it's common sense that it belongs in "The Cure World Tour 2007" section because it is a concert date.

So you complain to me that I add it here.

Then after you complain to me that I add it here you say :
-----------------------------
"yes, maybe this section is better for announcing these news, but maybe that other topic was just about to be moved from 'news' section over to here anyway."
&
"what remains is just the question of to which section everything should have bene posted to: and like i said, that topic was just about to be moved over here anyway."
-------------------------------

So you didn't need to complain in the first place !?
This is clearly where the topic belongs, and this is where I posted it.

Just merged it with the first topic created.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Moved back to Curenews until someone confirm if this is really going to happen.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Also, they play an official gig on 10th august. They would play TWICE the same day? Does not looks like to me.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

boneheadhaggar

Quote from: dsanchez on August 02, 2007, 16:39:46
Also, they play an official gig on 10th august. They would play TWICE the same day? Does not looks like to me.

Utrecht 1984 :smth023
its nice to be nice

japanesebaby

Quote from: boneheadhaggar on August 02, 2007, 17:43:16

inglewood 1996-08-11

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 02, 2007, 17:51:04
Quote from: boneheadhaggar on August 02, 2007, 17:43:16

inglewood 1996-08-11

ok ok :)

So is this confirmed? is this going to happen for real?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

themurderchair

Quote from: devoblue on August 02, 2007, 14:56:38
Now theres a interesting choice. Queue for a free show or queue for a good GA position at the sold out show that night.

im facing this problem and im completely conflicted
what to do?!
the very first time i saw your face i thought of a song and quickly changed the tune. the very first time i touched your skin i thought of a story and rushed to reach the end too soon.

Secrets

Quote from: themurderchair on August 03, 2007, 14:40:12

im facing this problem and im completely conflicted
what to do?!

Save me a spot in line  ;)

Might be a low-key acoustic set or something?  I can't see them setting up their gear again after hauling it down from Brisbane to Sydney overnight Wednesday.