Hello, my name is ron

Started by ron, September 09, 2005, 09:46:37

Previous topic - Next topic

ron

Hello, my name is ron.  I'm 36 and I live in Huntington Beach, California-USA.  It's about 40 miles south of Los Angeles and as you can guess, it's on the coast.  I've lived here or very close for all of my life and don't plan on leaving any time soon.

My Curedom started in 1983 and became a real obsession of sorts in 1985 and continued ever since.  My first show was in LA in 1987.  My favorites include the Kiss Me album and the very long and extended live versions of A Forest (a song I can get lost in).

My best Cure story comes from the summer of 92.  I got a part time job in my local indie record shop where I was already spending countless hours in as well as money.  My very first sale on my very first day was over $600.00 of all Cure stuff.  What a way to start.

Some of my other favorite artists include U2, James, Oasis, New Order, Duran Duran, Social Distortion, Depeche Mode and many, many more.  I also love all the old 80's new wave music.  There are so many memories that pop up when I hear certain songs.

I've been a very nice leecher from sites since about 2000 or so but last year I decided to dump a project I was doing for a friend that was going nowhere and create my own Cure "sharing" site in its place, thus trenchtownusa.com was born (re-born actually).  I was never to hip on the name but it worked for a while until I decided to get a new one that was all mine //www.lostinaforest.com

In closing, I'm glad to be a part of Curefans and to have all of you here with me, this is a great place to be and I appreciate all the work the creators and moderators put into it.

See ya around...ron