Strum

Started by Cure, September 18, 2008, 18:50:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Cure

well i'm listenin 2 'please come home' now, and i remembered when we were searching 4:
a boy i never knew
please come home
strum

sometime ago, long before 'a boy i never knew' was heard live
& i'm wonderin..

is 'strum' available or not yet?
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

KingOfSomeIsland

It hasnt been played live but it couldve been renamed and put on the new album...

japanesebaby

check the link mid-thread: http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,5578.msg56087/topicseen.html#new

Quote from: KingOfSomeIsland on September 19, 2008, 04:30:07
It hasnt been played live but it couldve been renamed and put on the new album...

exactly. therefore it very well could be that these are not exactly demos that we've all been talking about recently but leaked tracks.
in which case... 
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

sues777

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 19, 2008, 10:56:57

exactly. therefore it very well could be that these are not exactly demos that we've all been talking about recently but leaked tracks.
in which case... 

...now, there's a (great) thought...

I really don't want to propogate any completely baseless rumours or get caught up in any sort of "hysteria", but I'm really intrigued by the fact these tracks have surfaced on a wider scale in the last few days....but then again, I'm easily intrigued...
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

KingOfSomeIsland

Quote from: sues777 on September 19, 2008, 12:05:30
I really don't want to propogate any completely baseless rumours or get caught up in any sort of "hysteria"

Then dude what are you doing on the internets!!!!

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 19, 2008, 10:56:57
check the link mid-thread: http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,5578.msg56087/topicseen.html#new

in which case... 
I hadn't actually thought of that, that is an idea, dream big i guess haha, Demos or otherwise theyre still great tracks

sues777

Quote from: KingOfSomeIsland on September 19, 2008, 14:51:03
Quote from: sues777 on September 19, 2008, 12:05:30
I really don't want to propogate any completely baseless rumours or get caught up in any sort of "hysteria"
Then dude what are you doing on the internets!!!!

oops, sorry...I think what I meant to say was I didn't want to be seen as honestly buying into some sort of rumour...it was just a thought that crossed my mind for a second, that's all.
Yes, it would be beyond fantastic if it were true, but you're right, it's a big dream and regardless of whether they're demos or otherwise, they're great tracks and I'm enjoying them immensely...
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

japanesebaby

in which case... 
[/quote]
I hadn't actually thought of that, that is an idea, dream big i guess haha, Demos or otherwise theyre still great tracks
[/quote]
well i think it's rather easy to hear that they are pretty finished tracks, not some typical demo-ish material...

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Cure

i found these 3 songs in a torrent somewhere, they're gr8
here u r:

http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1624324/3100888

ps: does anyone have the exploding head syndrome lyrics??
underneath the stars
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

Lostflowerboy

Quote from: Cure on September 20, 2008, 23:45:09
ps: does anyone have the exploding head syndrome lyrics??

??? That track is just made of the 4 singles each in a remix version, the lyrics of those are on the official side. There are no "exploding head syndrome lyrics".

Cure

yeah i found out when i listened 2 the song..
i thought it was a new song, haha
underneath the stars
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

tigermilk

'Strum' is fantastic. Maybe on the self-titled deluxe edition? Or on the new album? Will have to wait and see I guess.

revolt

I've been listening to "Strum" and I find that keyboard (organ? mellotron) sound very well chosen, also the melody that goes with it. Something unusual for The Cure and that works very well. The song itself, however, I find less impressive. Nice enough, but not outstanding. "Please Come Home" is easily the best of the two. Another problem with it, and this seems really to be a norm nowadays, is that Robert's voice is once again mixed too high... Since PCH didn't have that problem, I guess the 2 songs come from different sessions.