Currently Watching

Started by Steve, July 14, 2007, 17:49:04

Previous topic - Next topic

word_on_a_wing

Re-visiting some footage of NIN rehearsing in 2008.

This touring lineup was one of my favourites.

"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

word_on_a_wing

In 2009 NIN's creative director (Rob Sheridan) shot some footage of them live on stage.

This footage of The Becoming is amazing, so intense. I've never seen it live, would love to

I was at this show.

dsanchez

The power of cinema in one scene...

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Las Vegas, Season 2 Episode 21. Can't link it since I've only been able to find it on virus inducing websites but I am watching his episode in particular because Sean Cw Johnson is in it. <3 I am right now looking for a way to download it or screen record it without any issuses.

MeltingMan

En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

SueC

That was amusing, @MeltingMan! :-)

Seeing as you seem to have French skills and a bit of French movie immersion, we were wondering if you knew the title of a quirky film we'd like to re-watch.  We saw it a few years ago on SBS, the Australian ethnic/international broadcaster - movies from all over the world in original languages, with subtitles.  It had this old guy in it who saw a woman drop a purse and he eventually returned it to her, after having an imaginary affair with her, if we remember this correctly.  The film ends with a light aircraft crash...

At our house, we're currently watching Loch Ness (we're two episodes from the finish and I think there is more than one person killing people, and I think their attending profiler sucks eggs), classic Dr Who (we're up to poor Colin Baker in our complete tour...poor guy, writing is shithouse ATM and production meh), plus two episodes away from the finish of the 1960s series The Prisoner.

We have committed to watching the first 20 minutes of 2001-A Space Odyssey this evening, and a Pink Floyd concert...
SueC is time travelling

SueC

Quote from: word_on_a_wing on June 25, 2019, 14:17:42oh dear, not my favourite thing Bowie ever created.  My understanding is it was been done quickly, as part of Live Aid.  Its amazing that it had such commercial success, went high on the charts and won awards etc, when compared to his other work it pales in comparison (at least in my opinion).

Ah, but is this not a law of the universe?  (Now where's a good "devil" emoji when you need one?)

@Ulrich, we loved Breaking Bad too, in fact the opening to that Dead Brothers song you posted made Brett think of the soundtrack.  And we're watching Better Call Saul - up to date at the moment.
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Quote from: SueC on August 03, 2019, 06:30:57we loved Breaking Bad too, in fact the opening to that Dead Brothers song you posted made Brett think of the soundtrack.  And we're watching Better Call Saul - up to date at the moment.

Yeah, me too. While I agree with most opinions that "Better Call Saul" isn't as good or "addictive" as was "Breaking Bad", I like it - and it's nice to see how they get closer to the time of "BB" in S4...
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Quote from: SueC on August 03, 2019, 06:17:33It had this old guy in it who saw a woman drop a purse and he eventually returned it to her, after having an imaginary affair with her, if we remember this correctly.  The film ends with a light aircraft crash...

Unfortunately, I can not assign. Was that an older or a new movie? 🤔
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

dsanchez

Pretty amazing ending in #Lima2019 (from 15:00 onward)

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

SueC

Quote from: MeltingMan on August 03, 2019, 10:53:55
Quote from: SueC on August 03, 2019, 06:17:33It had this old guy in it who saw a woman drop a purse and he eventually returned it to her, after having an imaginary affair with her, if we remember this correctly.  The film ends with a light aircraft crash...

Unfortunately, I can not assign. Was that an older or a new movie? 🤔

Colour and wide-screen and probably from the last 10 years, but you probably know what time gets like at this end of life!  ;)

Those are looooong boards, @dsanchez! :)
SueC is time travelling

dsanchez

Watching "Dark", a time-travel series. I love it!

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

word_on_a_wing

Quote from: dsanchez on August 25, 2019, 12:30:57Watching "Dark", a time-travel series. I love it!

Good to know, I had contemplated watching it and this helped me decide to do so

SueC

...this is a re-watch, but it's very good!  It has everything:  Science, food, humour, drama, history, illness, period costume, great props, educational value...

The whole lot is here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL43578495DCF519A0

SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Richard Stanley on a red carpet:

Also, been watching Season 3 of "True Detective":
The holy city breathed like a dying man...