released demos (new)

Started by DJscribbles, September 18, 2008, 04:54:07

Previous topic - Next topic

DJscribbles

the first time these songs have been released to the public come from exploding boy's site: www.thecurerarities.blogspot.com/

thanks for sharing exploding boy
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

Bloodflower

Dig that bass in Strum! Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic.

I hope at some point we get recordings of these songs without the crackles and pops, but for now, this is great. Thanks a lot, Scribbs.

EDIT: Just played around with a playlist of the 2004 sessions in iTunes.

Lost
Before Three
Truth Goodness And Beauty
The End of the World
Strum
Please Come Home
Anniversary
A Boy I Never Knew
Labyrinth
Your God is Fear
This Morning
The Promise

That would have made the best album since Disintegration, you ask me. Dammit Robert, why can't you tracklist an album anymore?
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

DJscribbles

hey there bloodflower!

oh crap! i havent been here for so long i totally forgot we couldnt upload mp3s... someone please convert to flac,  i got no idea how to do it!

japanesebaby

Quote from: DJscribbles on September 18, 2008, 05:43:54
hey there bloodflower!

oh crap! i havent been here for so long i totally forgot we couldnt upload mp3s... someone please convert to flac, 

no no, you should never convert something lossy to flac: once it's mp3s then it's mp3s. it doesn't magically turn to lossless anymore. mp3s converted to flac is the worst thing you could do because it would be fake lossless.

i think the question here is if these were originally made available in lossless or not. 
so what's the source?

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

maluflower

Quote from: Bloodflower on September 18, 2008, 05:29:43EDIT: Just played around with a playlist of the 2004 sessions in iTunes.

Lost
Before Three
The End of the World
Strum
Please Come Home
Anniversary
A Boy I Never Knew
Labyrinth
Your God is Fear
This Morning
The Promise

That would have made the best album since Disintegration, you ask me. Dammit Robert, why can't you tracklist an album anymore?

Yes, so true... :)

All of these are very beautiful, I especially love Please Come Home... wow, what an incredible track. It reminds me of Bloodflowers at certain points.

DJscribbles

MALUFLOWER!! (big hugs)

japanesebaby - i swore not to tell, but i always reupload in original format, no matter what. it was mp3 to begin with :)

japanesebaby

sorry DJ but i just noticed the links you've put up also link to a lot of officially released cure material (such as regular album tracks) in mp3s.

this is unrelated to the demos of course but sorry such links to officially released material are not ok here. :!:
if something is available officially, people should support the band and go buy themselves a copy.

DJscribbles

japanese baby i'll delete my links and reupload to somehwere else FAR AWAY from those links, sorry!! i forgot divshare links to your other uploads, i was just looking for a place to store my stuff from cd to computer. *deletes links*

ah ok, i see its already been done. now i know not to post on divshare, ill move the songs to dropio

done:
http://drop.io/2004demos

tigermilk

Quote from: Bloodflower on September 18, 2008, 05:29:43
Lost
Before Three
The End of the World
Strum
Please Come Home
Anniversary
A Boy I Never Knew
Labyrinth
Your God is Fear
This Morning
The Promise

Yeah nice list!  :smth023
Although I'd take off 'Your God Is Fear' and add 'Fake' and 'Going Nowhere'.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: tigermilk on September 18, 2008, 09:47:34
Lost
Before Three
The End of the World
Strum
Please Come Home
Anniversary
A Boy I Never Knew
Labyrinth
Your God is Fear
This Morning
The Promise

Yeah nice list!  :smth023
Although I'd take off 'Your God Is Fear' and add 'Fake' and 'Going Nowhere'.

I agree that Fake and Going Nowhere should be a part of the album.  It's funny how just a few changes can totally give the album a completely different vibe.  And think about some of the setlists that would have come from such an album.  Damn you Robert!     

Janko

Yeah!

I downloaded this couple of days ago (when did this leak anyway?!) and Ilove it!
My files have plenty of static but it's still listenable!
As far as I know this was always MP3 file.

Great songs!
I thought this is gonna be THE REALLY DARK AND BROODING STUFF because the Robert said they canned the really dark songs from 2004 album. But these two (Strum and Please come home) are not that bleak. Strum is rather poppy...

:smth023
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

dsanchez

Sorry but mp3 material is NOT allowed on Curefans.com, unless is a material shared by The Cure directly (as, for instance, "love will tear us apart" and etc..)

I was talking to some staff members and we will do an exception here as it seems these songs are currently only available as mp3.

About exploding boy's complain for not crediting him (?) for these songs, I understand these have been floating around in very small circles for a while.  (just look at the date it was created...all the way back in March).
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

exploding boy

yes but anybody sharing in anyone forum , check in all the forums like ceho , hispacure , and mfc.
i dont post in your forum ,but its mp3 files,
but anyway , no have problem , but if im sharing someone song from you forum ,and no name the source , you have the scream in the sky no?
example : you the last year screming to delete a song from my blog (im take from you forum) recorded in mexico ,you rembember this?
i dont have problem to sharing music with everybody , example check my blog.
thanks

hello friens its great site

japanesebaby

Quote from: exploding boy on September 19, 2008, 05:55:28
but anyway , no have problem , but if im sharing someone song from you forum ,and no name the source , you have the scream in the sky no?
example : you the last year screming to delete a song from my blog (im take from you forum) recorded in mexico ,you rembember this?
i dont have problem to sharing music with everybody , example check my blog.

exploding boy,
i do remember various kind of issues we've had with you sometimes:

- the file had been posted here by somebody who has clearly asked everyone not to post it anywhere else by that time, but you've posted it in your blog nevertheless

- the file had been shared here in lossless (flac) and the member who posted has asked everyone not to convert to mp3s, but you have nevertheless put it in your blog in mp3s

- also, we cannot have links to blogs that share mp3s and especially not to blogs that share officially released material. so please do not advertise such blogs here. especially, sharing officially released material is not ok, everyone who calls themselves a fan should go and buy the official releases instead. it's not a question of  "i just want to share music with everybody", it's a question of respecting the band that made the music.

i'm not entirely sure what you mean by "no name sources": if you ever download something from here, you can always see which member originally posted it. i don't think that kind of source is a "no name source"(?). but perhaps i misunderstood you there.
in general i think it is good manners to credit the sources, not just grab the stuff and go. that's good manners.
there are cases when crediting the source is easy: like if someone uploads a master recording. like david said above, in cases like these demos it's more difficult because it's nobody's master copy. stuff that has been floating around for long and nobody knows where it originated. who to credit then?
(and no offense but you have also grabbed stuff from this forum and shared it on your blog and have not credited the original uploader either. like that mexico incident you mentioned if i'm not mistaken.

anyway, next time, let us credit the sources - when we can/when we know them.)

ps. and what comes to the thread here, at least i asked for the source from the original thread starter but if you see the thread above  he/she said "i swore not to tell" the source. how to know when people say that because they were really asked to say so or because they just want to cover their tracks? i'm not implying it was either way, just saying that for the rest of us it's impossible to know at that time.

sues777

I downloaded this yesterday and have been listening to it all day...GREAT STUFF!!! 

Dig that bass in Strum! Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic.
oh yeah...
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show