Robert Smith covers The Twilight Sad 'It Never Was The Same'

Started by dsanchez, April 08, 2015, 08:18:01

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

QuoteThe Twilight Sad are one of those bands that feel like the soundtrack to some of the most heart wrenching moments of desperation in life—evoking a feeling not unlike what someone would get from listening to The Cure's Faith.  The track 'It Never Was The Same' (above), which comes out on June 15th, is a primary example of this.
There's a Girl in the Corner - Robert Smith Cover

http://post-punk.com/the-cures-robert-smith-covers-the-twilight-sad-it-never-was-the-same-single-out-15th-june/
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Ulrich

It's good to hear Robert singing again! This is nice to bridge the gap until new Cure stuff will appear.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Ulrich

MeltingMan

The release date has been changed to 30.6.2015.
Maybe the number of orders was higher than expected.Who knows...
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

subarucure

Hi People, i want to buy this on physical cd but cant find it anywhere or even an indication it will be.  i did find it 1 place that sold it in WAV format.  i will probably just buy that.  My real issue is i want to buy other Robert Smith 'projects' like: very good advice, da hype and perfect blue sky on cd but all i see for options are MP3 downloads.  i would actually prefer to 'buy' just the song and download in WAV and then compile them myself but cant find a place that offers WAV.  -  were all these songs released in MP3 (except for V.G.A.)? if that were the case then if i was sold one in WAV format, then that means they would have had to convert it first making it even worse selling a false WAV product.

my thought as of now (pre-purchace) is buy his hard to find ''collaborations'' in as high of MP3 as possible, keep them in that format for my walkman, and convert them once to cd (to have them on cd) and call it good enough.  i really like his solo stuff (especially his voice which i think sounds better than ever) and want these singles.  i dont mind spending even $2 per song if in WAV, but i dont really want to spend $50-$100 for a handful of songs that are on price gouged hard to get cds - of which i cant find anyway.

Ulrich

The following info comes from this excellent site:
http://craigjparker.blogspot.it/2015/05/theres-girl-in-corner.html

QuoteUpdate (06/11/15): From The Twilight Sad on Facebook - "Unfortunately, due to issues at the manufacturing plant, we're sorry to say the 7" of 'It Never Was The Same' / 'There's A Girl In The Corner' (RS cover) has been delayed.
We hope to have these delivered to pre order customers and in stores around 30th June but will keep you informed if that changes.
Please accept our apologies on this: we understand it must be frustrating, we are frustrated too.
Thank you if you have already pre-ordered, it means a lot, and we hope you enjoy the single when it arrives."

Quote from: subarucure on June 16, 2015, 16:00:31
Hi People, i want to buy this on physical cd but cant find it anywhere or even an indication it will be.

I don't know if there'll be any, the 7" is delayed (see above) and digital version is available:

QuoteUpdate (06/15/15): The digital version of the single is now available at Amazon (US / UK), iTunes (US / UK), and most of the usual places.

subarucure

why only vinyl and digital only? i understand the appeal of vinyl with the ''warmth'' and all.... but how many people even have a player? lets say i got the vinyl, how would i convert that to play on my digital devices or cd player?  so frustrating.

Ulrich

Quote from: subarucure on June 16, 2015, 17:01:53
why only vinyl and digital only?

You gotta put that question to The Twilight Sad (they're on Facebook, twitter, got a website), my guess is it's vinyl for the collectors and digital for the downloaders (no cd because not enough people buy cd singles any more)...

As for the other RS solo/guesting stuff you're looking for, try your luck on Ebay or something.
Discogs for example says "16 for sale" (Da Hype):
http://www.discogs.com/Junior-Jack-feat-Robert-Smith-Da-Hype/release/255314

subarucure

Thank you Ulrich for your response.  i checked out the site, they all seem to be over seas plus shipping.  i hate mp3s (unless i do them myself) but in this situation i am going to go that route.  as big as my Cure collection is, it still seems incomplete without these.  ''join the dots 2''  may never happen, and i doubt he will put out a ''collaborations'' disk like sinade o'connor did.  i really want and like these but am going to cave in and buy the mp3's.  @256k they wont sound too bad.  i also found the new one in WAV format on this site:  http://www.amoeba.com/   i just purchased both versions of 'there's a girl in the corner' and their Beatles cover from last year, all in WAV for under $6. ($1.78 for the RS version in WAV)

subarucure

Ulrich

Quote from: subarucure on June 17, 2015, 07:19:17
i checked out the site, they all seem to be over seas plus shipping. 

Do you check Ebay from time to time?

Quote from: subarucure on June 17, 2015, 07:19:17
... i doubt he will put out a ''collaborations'' disk like sinade o'connor did. 

If he did, it would be quite a headache with all the different labels these collaborations were released on.