released demos (new)

Started by DJscribbles, September 18, 2008, 04:54:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodflower

Quote from: Lostflowerboy on September 22, 2008, 08:32:00
What a rubbish. Oso Blanco is a long time member of the cure online community since about 2001/2002. He's always been a critical person towards the band, but also a true fan.

Oso was a jackass.

Good riddance.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

japanesebaby

@everybody: come on guys, for the last time:

you've all been asked for this several times, so now let's talk about the demos, let's tlak about the cure, let's stay on-topic. and if anyone still wants to continue this damn useless arguing, do it someplace else/via PMS, NOT on this thread.

people complain that this thread is silly because people don't talk about the subject matter (=the demos), that people look past everything important (the music): and yet at the same time they also keep derailing this even further (by keeping this all off-topic). so come on, everyone should go look into the mirror and take a time out here. 
so no more arguing like this, please. either we all go back on-topic or we forget this whole damn thread altogether.

:!:

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

DroidAKov

Been listening to these demos since they (re?)surfaced, pretty much on repeat in preparation(drum roll)for the new album.

Although it appears none of these will be included on the new album I am pleased these particular tracks were not simply used to make up numbers as b sides on the recent singles.

A Boy I Never Knew....well what to say that hasn't already been said, people lucky enough to hear it on tour probably didn't realise just HOW lucky they were considering it was thought to be on this album.  Also lucky due to the fact I'm of the opinion the live rendition to be better, which for me is the case with most Cure releases these days.  Possibly also because its at the demo stage.

Please Come Home might not be everybodies 'cup of tea' but I have to say, to me its fantastic and would like to see it released(possibly without the 'assistance' of Universal!)in the future along with ABINK. 

nausearockpig

maybe these will make it onto the "darker" album RS has promised or alluded to??

Jesus!! no wonder soooo many people are holding back a lot nowadays around here. I just took couple of mins to count the On and Off topic posts and what i considered On & Off or too hard to categorise and these, ladies and gents are the results:

On Topic: 17
Off Topic: 27
On/Off too hard to work out, gave up: 5

billee

I'm so glad these "treasures" have surfaced.

Been listening to Please Come Home over and over.

:D
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

Secrets

Quote from: nausearockpig on September 22, 2008, 12:55:04
maybe these will make it onto the "darker" album RS has promised or alluded to??

Please Come Home and Strum could be something, could be nothing. But the fact Boy was excluded, really points to something along these lines IMHO, and I'm not one to get excited about Cure releases this last decade. Fans like it; Rob likes it. So where is it?

figurehead

I just downloaded them.
Let's listen...
Hmmm...
'Please Come Home' sounds so...
(it makes me want to cry,maybe cause it is raining now...)
Thanks a lot for sharing those gems.
'figie'
'Is It Always Like This?'

dsanchez

"Please come home" is sooo amazing. The boys are going to give us the best album in years I think. Awesome, just awesome. Does everybody here agree that those songs could have been without problem a 1992 b-side?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Lady

Quote from: dsanchez on September 22, 2008, 22:33:09
"Please come home" is sooo amazing. The boys are going to give us the best album in years I think. Awesome, just awesome. Does everybody here agree that those songs could have been without problem a 1992 b-side?
Yes, I agree completely! Please come home is the best new song for me!! I'm listen to that right now...I almost cry! THIS IS DEFINETELY THE CURE THAT I WANT!!!! :smth049 :smth007
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Lostflowerboy

Now tell me I was wrong  :-D

Quote from: Lostflowerboy on September 20, 2008, 14:06:31
It's interesting to see how many people get freaked out about every recent tune that sounds just slightly like it maybe a rest over from the 1989 era (Underneath the stars, Your god is fear, Going nowhere).

But always great to see some enthusiasm among fans. I think all three songs are above the level of the 2004 album so I really wonder why they didn't make it.
For the 2008 release I'd prefer a double album with all kinds of emotions on it, instead of finally getting a pop album and a dark counterpiece. But I can still compile that for personal use.

revolt

Quote from: dsanchez on September 22, 2008, 22:33:09
"Please come home" is sooo amazing. The boys are going to give us the best album in years I think.

Are you talking about the forthcoming dark 2009 album?  ;)

dsanchez

Quote from: revolt on September 23, 2008, 11:14:30

they delayed again the release date? :eek: :P
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

Quote from: dsanchez on September 23, 2008, 11:22:49

why not? i think we'd all be shocked if they really started releasing anything in time... ;)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

disintegration

WOW!!!!! Please come home is a very beautiful song, with dark sound! I love it!!!  :smth060
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

silversand

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 23, 2008, 15:44:34
Quote from: dsanchez on September 23, 2008, 11:22:49

why not? i think we'd all be shocked if they really started releasing anything in time... ;)

:smth081 Yes, we maybe will be shocked if that would be happening!!

I love the three demos!!! Please come home is such a beautiful song, so moving i think :)