Is it possible to love someone you have never met?

Started by coxoxi, June 10, 2008, 23:42:22

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Quote from: bluewater on June 15, 2008, 12:35:59
Quote from: japanesebaby on June 15, 2008, 11:20:14
i totally agree with this. childhood losses can create a sense of general "quiet" melancholy. and this is not to be confused with being generally depressed and/or hopeless person, some kind of illness that needed to be cured. it's just a way of looking at the world through the loss you've experienced, something that's always there between your eyes and the object you're looking at.

Yes and this kind of things has happened to me. I have met the "missing" person but it was too late and i already had started asking the very difficult questions, all related to "can you love someone you have never met". A work in progress. Perhaps the most important thing i have worked on.

me too. although in my case the loss was permanent (death of a parent). the awareness of something that cannot be recovered/repaired affects your whole world-view, everything you see and feel. for instance the constant awareness of everything being only temporary is so much stronger than with most people: the bond between a child and a parent is perhaps the strongest bond there can be, and if you have seen that this can fail, then what about everything else? how can other things last if even that one couldn't?
to be able to love his/her parents and to have a chance to show this love is a necessity to a child, any child. and a situation where at best you can only love a distant memory can have very strong effect on your whole life.
a work in progress indeed.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

bluewater

It is father's responsibility to meet child and a bad role-model from father to not meet child at all and not even send a post-card. The child will start to think it is not necessary to meet the lovely people. Or he will start to think the love must be earned by being better and more lovely than what is ever possible.

But for all that love each other i think it is best to say answer this topic's question:

You're the one I never met - before this day

Peace and love  :smth023 :smth020
Life's too short to listen to lossy music