New version of Pictures Of You for a film

Started by Ulrich, April 02, 2019, 11:55:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

News from The Cure on FB:
QuoteROBERT (ASSISTED BY ROGER) RECORDED 'PICTURES OF YOU' WITH QUARTET VOLUTÉ AND LACHLAN RADFORD LAST YEAR FOR A UK FEATURE DOCUMENTARY - IT SCREENS THIS MAY - FOLLOW @DeadGoodFilm NOW TO FIND WHERE AND WHEN YOU CAN SEE THIS BEAUTIFUL AND LIFE-AFFIRMING FILM - SUPPORT INDIE FILMMAKING! @thecure
https://facebook.com/thecure/
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

word_on_a_wing

Oh gosh, how special is that version of Pictures of You (based on the small segment on the YouTube clip), RS's vocals are so beautiful. It's my favourite Cure song so I'm so happy to hear another beautiful version of it is being released :)
The film looks great too ...what a great direction for the world to be heading in.
My hope of another progressive movement ...all who eat meat can have the chance to experience a less santitised version of what is involved, then can make their own minds up.
"Where the flesh meets the spirit world,
Where the traffic is thin..."

Ulrich

Ulrich

Article about it:
http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2019/04/01/robert-smith-pictures-of-you-new-version/

QuoteThe Cure's Robert Smith — with an assist by the band's keyboardist Roger O'Donnell — has recorded a new version of the classic Disintegration track "Pictures of You" with the London-based Quartet Voluté for the new documentary "Dead Good."

You can hear Smith's new vocals over the string quartet's music in the film's trailer below.

A description of the documentary: "In Brighton, UK, a small group of women have been changing the way people look after their dead. Supporting them during the ritual of care after death, and empowering them to create personal ceremonies reflecting the life that the deceased lived. This relatively unknown work is part of an emerging movement that is changing the way death is approached in contemporary Britain."

chemicaloverload

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves