Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

scatcat

Quote from: ROGUE on September 22, 2007, 15:09:02
Quote from: strange_day on September 21, 2007, 19:38:45
Quote from: Siouxsie_ on September 21, 2007, 05:40:55
School generally isn't a very pleasant experience for introspective types. I had a better relationship with my teachers than I had with any of the other students!

Aye, here here. Im currently 19, out of eductaion and basically much happier than i was back then... well in those situations anyway. Im ashamed to saymost of my peers are Morons and always will be, the same can go for teachers too, depends if you get lucky i suppose and dont end up with the middle-aged bitter-hating their job teachers.

Once you get out of the otherside of eductaion its great, because you're generally free from those people.... on the plus side i work in the Administration department of a Juvenile prison, which is great because some of the people who used to say things like that to me are now in there... not so clever now though, are they?  :-D  ;)

Its funny, the 'popular group' always has the smallest number of members and people like ourselves are more common than we think, its just that were all too shy to say hello to each other in real life.  ;)

That is so true.^

And as for the frustration of humanity and stupidity ~ guess we have to accept it, which is painful- best of times.  :smth011  But i guess it makes us appreciate the ones that do understand, and can communicate.

[/quote Hey ROGUE.. to tell u something, personal.. I was sent to an all girls private school from Year 7 in Melbourne..from the day I started I was targetted and bullied by a girl ( who was quite butch) for the rest of my senior school days. it effected my self esteem and social identity because I wanted to just shrink from her and it was a scarring experience.. only at the 25 year reunion did she apologise (after my sister had a chat to her).. her excuse was that she "was going thru a hard time".. My father had just died the year before and I realised just years prior to the reunion that she must have had "gender or sexuality issues" that I was too naive to recognise. I do forgive her, I will never tforget the humiliation directed at me almost everyday. but I now understand. But I never told her "my story". I don't think her a bad person, but  the bulllying was never addressed by the school and even encouraged by some teachers. I have moved on.. cheers ROGUE>. :smth001
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

LuvURobert

Quote from: Cure Freak on October 02, 2007, 13:02:30
I'm annoyed that Steve Hewitt has left Placebo. He's been with them for 11 years and it's ashame he's no longer with them.

Ok... dumb question.  Is that the lead singer??  I'm not familiar with Placebo ~ except the YouTube video of them playing with the Cure (If Only Tonight)... found it a while ago.  The lead singer has a cool voice! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KjmwjDxKiA
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

Cure Freak

Quote from: LuvURobert on October 02, 2007, 17:19:29
Quote from: Cure Freak on October 02, 2007, 13:02:30
I'm annoyed that Steve Hewitt has left Placebo. He's been with them for 11 years and it's ashame he's no longer with them.

Ok... dumb question.  Is that the lead singer??  I'm not familiar with Placebo ~ except the YouTube video of them playing with the Cure (If Only Tonight)... found it a while ago.  The lead singer has a cool voice! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KjmwjDxKiA

No, he is the drummer. He's playing the tamborine, in that video. Brain Molko is the lead singer. And it's not a dumb question. :smth001
silversand: I'm am more sad than annoyed. I will miss him. :(

LuvURobert

Well, that just stinks!  11 years is a really long time to be in a band.  Do you know why he left, I mean was it on bad terms??  I hope they find someone decent to replace him.   ;)
"And I shiver and shake

silversand

Here is something i've found on the website of the German music magazine called Musikexpress.
It's from the official site from Placebo. I've made a screenshot of it.
Hope it helps you a little bit LuvURobert :)

LuvURobert

Quote from: silversand on October 02, 2007, 23:41:56
Here is something i've found on the website of the German music magazine called Musikexpress.
It's from the official site from Placebo. I've made a screenshot of it.
Hope it helps you a little bit LuvURobert :)

Thanx, silversand.  Explained to perfection.  I guess that makes sense - people change and grow apart.  Sad but true, eh?   Anyway thanx again...I need all the help I can get ;D
"And I shiver and shake

scatcat

what made me annoyed today is the goddamn wind here in Melboure!! It's gale force nearly.. can't go outside cos I get earaches in the wind :smth011, but the sun is out though.. :smth023
:smth020
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Cure Freak

I haven't heard from my OZ boyfriend in a week and a half. I miss him so.
:(

scatcat

:shock:
well ummm.. the fact that I can't chat to anyone without being told that i'm in the wrong place.....uummmm... can i still say hi to people or do i need a special post for that??  :shock:
hi to all that wanna open their minds! :smth060 :smth049 :smth049 :smth049
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Steve

Quote from: scatcat on October 03, 2007, 13:44:15
well ummm.. the fact that I can't chat to anyone without being told that i'm in the wrong place.....uummmm... can i still say hi to people or do i need a special post for that??  :shock:
Hey Lara. You're not in the wrong place.
I think the thing is not to take too much personally.
I've found that written words can be mis-interpreted occaisionally (nearly killed another forum I visit).
Thankfully we have these lovely smileys to help put inflections on stuff that could get read the wrong way. Remember that the vast majority of folks on here are not native English speakers (although they can write English brilliantly).
I've said my piece & now I'll just go & hide under a table somewhere  ;).
btw. How are you doing with the melbourne download?
Cheers
Steve

japanesebaby

Quote from: scatcat on October 03, 2007, 13:44:15

...i've pm'd you about this.  :smth001

and no i wouldn't think it's about open or closed minds. i do like to think i'm openminded as hell - which is why i also like the idea of having different kinds of boards in the web. if everything was chat based only, we'd be just repeating ourselves soon.
but enough of that.

about the topic: i don't seem to be annoyed by anything today. how weird.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Steve

I like happy endings  :smth058

*hides under table again*
Cheers
Steve

japanesebaby

Quote from: Steve on October 03, 2007, 14:28:38
I like happy endings  :smth058

heh i bet you secretly go to see all those sobby teen romance movies and always end up crying at the end - gotcha!

(btw, please you may come out of hiding now)

still not annoyed by anything... wait! i think i'm slowly starting to get annoyed because i have to leave for more work soon...
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Steve

Aaaargh WORK is a four letter word :evil:

Think I'm going to cry now :lol:
Cheers
Steve