What made you annoyed today?

Started by Aarna, July 01, 2007, 19:59:54

Previous topic - Next topic

melly

Japanesebaby...our nurses in South Oz went on strike last year..they wanted a certain percent raise, the govt. offered much less so they called a strike. All "elective" surgery was put on hold, and there are thousands of people on waiting lists...This went on for some time, with just the bare minimum of nursing staff working. The govt. would not budge, the nurses would not give in..they deserve a lot more than what they are paid ( the nurses) that's for sure....After a while, some of the public actually started to get angry with the nurses, as the elective surgery situation is terrible, some waiting years for such things as hip replacements...why that's "elective" I'll never know, but it is. After a fair bit of public pressure, the nurses went back to work, I think they received pretty close to what they were asking for re their pay. This also happened to the teachers, keeping only skeleton staff on at schools, with the result being they did get a small rise in pay, and negotiations are on-going. What REALLY p***es me off is that whilst these dedicated, hard working people have to go out on strike to get a portion of what they deserve, the "fat cats" in govt get pay rises all the time, and when they leave, even after being in office for a short time, they receive huge pensions for the rest of their lives!! Meanwhile, the "average joe' pays more taxes, levies, increasing interest rates, and struggles to make ends
meet. So, it's not just today I am annoyed about this, it's every day!!  :evil:

and scatcat.. I don't think you're demented at all.... was funny though, me sitting here staring at the avatar, waiting for it to move and wondering how the hell I had managed to do that!!  Yeah, that dog is "Jimmy" he's gorgeous..thankyou..
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

scatcat

What made me annoyed today???
TRIED TO FINALISE A PAYMENT THROUGH EBAY... SO SLOW!  WASTING MY TIME FOR 30 MINUTES!!

given up now.. wait for seller to contact me.. yeas I'm very annoyed.. watch out everyone!!  :twisted:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

scatcat

Obviously I have had a pretty rotten run the last few days... I keep adding to this forum!!

Internet server down... can't retrieve messages, process information, etc,... totally frustrating..  :evil: aarhhhh... HATE TECHNOLOGY!! MUST DESTROY!!
Gotta try and find the bright side somewhere..  :smth100

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

robiola

Today at work (yes, I work on Sundays) I helped out a client and I had to kind of "bend the rules" in order to do it, at my own risk because I could have gotten in a bit of trouble. Well, he obviously didn't think I did enough, and when he left he muttered "Thanks for nothing" though I saved him 60 euros.

People are real shitheads sometimes.

melly

Quote from: scatcat on November 18, 2007, 15:16:45
Obviously I have had a pretty rotten run the last few days... I keep adding to this forum!!

Internet server down... can't retrieve messages, process information, etc,... totally frustrating..  :evil: aarhhhh... HATE TECHNOLOGY!! MUST DESTROY!!
Gotta try and find the bright side somewhere..  :smth100

Deep breaths, deep breaths.... Hey, if you didn't have the technology ( I know it can reaalllyy make you swear at times!)you wouldn't be able to be here!! And to be on curefans.com is certainly a bright side!! 
I regularly get the "blue screen of death" on my 'puter..oops.. hehe..

Quote from: robiola on November 18, 2007, 18:42:49
Today at work (yes, I work on Sundays) I helped out a client and I had to kind of "bend the rules" in order to do it, at my own risk because I could have gotten in a bit of trouble. Well, he obviously didn't think I did enough, and when he left he muttered "Thanks for nothing" though I saved him 60 euros.

Aahhhh.. karma will surely come and bite this person on the arse!!  Feel good cos you helped someone... yes.. people CAN be ingrates, don't let it get you down though... sorry. I'm off topic!!! ta ta...
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

robiola

Quote from: melly on November 19, 2007, 01:19:38
Quote from: robiola on November 18, 2007, 18:42:49

Aahhhh.. karma will surely come and bite this person on the arse!!  Feel good cos you helped someone... yes.. people CAN be ingrates, don't let it get you down though... sorry. I'm off topic!!! ta ta...

Mhhh...yes. I bet when he left he stepped on something nasty. Ok, I feel better, thanks!

Hero

My spanish teacher who hates me because i cant speak spanish! She makes a point of telling me this every lesson even though i know. She wants me to quit, she told theres no point turning up for lessons beacuse im going to fail anyway but i still go just to annoy her so she has to spend half the lesson explaining things to me that i actually know and the things i dont know she just ignores me. So sometimes i listen to music then she shouts at me for not doing the work. But she shouts at me in spanish so i havent a clue whats shes calling me haha but sadly she can speak english so i called her some names and she sent me out of class   :evil:
I think shes going to complain to my tutor and get me banned from lessons  :smth011

scatcat

Quote from: Hero on November 19, 2007, 15:11:49
My spanish teacher who hates me because i cant speak spanish! She makes a point of telling me this every lesson even though i know. She wants me to quit, she told theres no point turning up for lessons beacuse im going to fail anyway but i still go just to annoy her so she has to spend half the lesson explaining things to me that i actually know and the things i dont know she just ignores me. So sometimes i listen to music then she shouts at me for not doing the work. But she shouts at me in spanish so i havent a clue whats shes calling me haha but sadly she can speak english so i called her some names and she sent me out of class   :evil:
I think shes going to complain to my tutor and get me banned from lessons  :smth011

ohhh hero.. if you really wanna get back.. i have this very handy little Spanish phrase book..it has swear words, and things like..' I have a cramp in my bum, ' :-D
'I'm feeling drunk!!' or.. 'listen..why don't you go and get f##ked!!' this one would surely get you out of class!   :smth023.. hehehe  :twisted:
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

ROGUE

What made me annoyed today, is yes politic's also, only 2 choices  :evil:  other than that every other vote goes to majority like Greens, etc.  Not sure havent heard much from demacrates? this year. ?
ahh pfft, the lesser of the two evils i suppose.  I dont like the old one with nuclear, but they are both unlikeable in one way or another .  :smth100

Also hearing of the launch of Japanese to whale 1000 hump back whales- this time  :roll: oh yeh for scientific reasons, therefore in the restuarants now...?  I been many times and never confronted with this, a friend of mine just
returned and while there was offered whale meat Only at one place.- Declined !! all old buga's in there apparently.
They did it alot in the 80's and now back into full swing.
I suppose they wont stop regardless and we and the future will suffer because of it, and its not as if they dont have lots of other food either.  ....? and other traditional foods etc. god. :roll:

Heavy crap i know but they are such lovely creatures and they dont belong to anyone, I cant understand this at all.  If they love it so much dont they realise they are taking from their children and grandchildren? and the world?
Is mostly an oldschool attitude of elders.
It upsets me.
and annoys me.

I know other countries do and have done it, but they are countries that have had little or no other food source.

Hmm i got the shi's today most everything is annoying me, and the politics is topping it off too.

melly

Hey robiola.... not only did he step in something nasty, he thought " What's this on my shoe", stuck his finger in it then tasted it... HA HA HA to him!!!!   :smth045
Glad you feel better!!!

Rogue; I agree with you...the senseless slaughter of whales for " scientific" reasons is unacceptable, cruel and HORRIFIC! This fould practice has been going on for way too long, and several times, other countries have tried to vote against this. Somehow, it is allowed to continue. Scientific studies my A*SE!!!!!!  :smth011

Hero

I have been temporarily suspended from spanish  :? i'm allowed a second chance after christmas hahaha! My tutor gave me one of those talks like "is everything okay?" in the most patronising way and he didnt understand that i just can't do spanish and he made me out to be a problem student when i get A's in every other lesson bah! I wash my hands of this stupidity, im not going back to spanish and im also annoyed today because of stupid builders that make my skin crawl and feel the need to whistle and speak to me and my friends everytime we walk past :evil:

Steve

No-one whistles at me when I walk by. :roll:

Annoyed today because my flipping browser keeps opening spontanaeous web pages every now & then. :evil:
I have about 5 anti virus progs installed & spybot S&D, but still get whisked away to a surprise site occasionally.
Should I look on it as an adventure? :?
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

robiola

Quote from: Hero on November 20, 2007, 13:42:34
i just can't do spanish
I recommend a nice long vacation in a sunny Spanish-speaking country. Learning Spanish on the beach works much better than trying to learn it in the classroom.  :-D

Annoyed today because I once again proved to myself that, when faced with chocolate, I haven't got a gram of willpower.   :smth011

Steve

Quote from: robiola on November 20, 2007, 18:57:52

Annoyed today because I once again proved to myself that, when faced with chocolate, I haven't got a gram of willpower.   :smth011

Best post I've read in a while  :smth043 :smth043
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

robiola

Quote from: Steve on November 21, 2007, 08:21:49
Quote from: robiola on November 20, 2007, 18:57:52

Best post I've read in a while  :smth043 :smth043
Wry humor is practically a must for us chubby girls, ya know.  :smth081