there's no business like shoe business

Started by japanesebaby, September 22, 2007, 21:58:58

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

bono being discussed in one the hated artists thread and shoes on the 'what shoes are you wearing?' one reminded me of this:

looks like whatever it was that bono's wearing wasn't quite the top choice for that day in berlin.  :lol:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7284899323031646494&hl=en
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Cure Freak

HA!
He has technicians putting his shoes on for him. LOL

AlluivialL

Eh, I don't really like Bono. I do like their music though.
But I think I get a bit confused, am I seducing or being seduced?

silversand

That's bad luck, if you were the wrong shoes  :lol:

I have to say i don't like U2 anymore.

strange_day

What an idiot that man was, is and always will be.......

He'll be spoonfed in a high-chair next.  :roll:

Im not the biggest fan of U2, as you might've guessed..... ;)

AlluivialL

Quote from: strange_day on September 23, 2007, 01:36:24

Lol yeah, Bono is..eh, not cool. So you know how England and Ireland don't really get along n' stuff? Well the taxes in Ireland are really quite high, and England's are a little less, so he got his citizenship in England so he could make more money. Such an ***hole move on his part.

japanesebaby

Quote from: AlluivialL on September 23, 2007, 01:39:31
Quote from: strange_day on September 23, 2007, 01:36:24

Lol yeah, Bono is..eh, not cool. So you know how England and Ireland don't really get along n' stuff? Well the taxes in Ireland are really quite high, and England's are a little less, so he got his citizenship in England so he could make more money. Such an ***hole move on his part.

is that so? well now, i bet he was feeling like he could use some extra cash (i mean the man's got a family to feed there for chrissakes!) so it's quite understandable.
(ok hey what a greedy prick.)

Quote from: Cure Freak on September 22, 2007, 22:06:20
HA!
He has technicians putting his shoes on for him. LOL

right... that's why U2 still has technicians for: shoe-techs. to take look after and maintain " the ground beneath his feet"... or shoes.
all else is in god almighty's hands praise the lord (and/or bb king? sorry i kind of tend to forget which one's more important...).

AlluivialL

I'm pretty sure U2 makes way enough money to support their family.

Bono is so popular..what are you thinking?

japanesebaby

Quote from: AlluivialL on September 23, 2007, 01:49:23

yeah i bet they do.... even if they'd pay their taxes to both ireland and UK they'd still make enough to feed half of africa including all baboons porcupines and a couple of south african meerkat colonies.
so i was sort of trying to be sarcastic there you know. 

AlluivialL

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 23, 2007, 01:53:06
Quote from: AlluivialL on September 23, 2007, 01:49:23

yeah i bet they do.... even if they'd pay their taxes to both ireland and UK they'd still make enough to feed half of africa including all baboons porcupines and a couple of south african meerkat colonies.
so i was sort of trying to be sarcastic there you know. 

Oh lol, I'm sorry. I just..yeah, sarcasm on the Internet isn't easily read all the time.

temptation-cure

oh no
bono is the anti-christ  :evil: +  :twisted:
i don't like bono maN!
Oh that boy is a slag the best u ever had , the best u ever had is just a memory and those dreams but weren't daft as they seem , not as daft as they seem..oh my love when u dreamed them up..oh flo where did u go .. oww ohh(F.A)
-----------------------------------

http://temptation-cure.galeon.com

Carnage Visor

For a man all about peace and freedom and justice, it's odd how he makes others put his shoes on for him...

A shame really, as that is probably my favorite U2 song, I'm not a U2 fan at all, but it has a Cure-esque beat and bassline...

LOLTolhurst for putting that up!!! :lol:

japanesebaby

more embarrassing u2 moments coming up...  :smth023
(that is if googlevideo and/or youtube don't reject me uploading them for some kind of just-in-case copyright reasons)

ROGUE

I dont know, but it looked like he was wearing 'jesus' sandles, or old man sandles, before the 'helper' changed them.

That was funny and strange all at once....what the ??  Was Bono drunk ? What ever happened to "The Show Must Go On ?"  well thats show bizz

Cure Freak

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 23, 2007, 01:47:31

right... that's why U2 still has technicians for: shoe-techs. to take look after and maintain " the ground beneath his feet"... or shoes.
all else is in god almighty's hands praise the lord (and/or bb king? sorry i kind of tend to forget which one's more important...).

LOL. Forbid, if anyone would want to kiss that ground.
I think it's pathetic, that he can't even put on hs own shoes and to do it during a song. He could of waited, til the end of it.